Bob Crow

guest1957

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering his far left credentials he was anti EU and stood in the 2009 EU elections.
And here we are being led to believe being anti EU is the preserve of fruitcakes and loons.

He was elected to lead and represent his members and during his time there, membership increased dramatically.

Love him or loathe him he was good at his job and did it with passion.

That you cannot take away from him and that is coming from someone who supported Maggie in her day.

Considering his far left credentials he was anti EU and stood in the 2009 EU elections.

And here we are being led to believe being anti EU is the preserve of fruitcakes and loons.

Very true. And a point worth making, especially since the BBC's coverage of EU matters is skewed by the fact it receives about £5 million a year from the EU Commission to promote EU integration. However, Crow and the trade union movement in general blow hot and cold over the EU. They were all for it when they thought they could use the European court or EU directives to their advantage and quickly changed their tune when they saw what mass immigration did to jobs and wages.

Crow reminded me of Mussolini. Both short, round and very angry about everything. Mussolini made the trains run on time and Crow stopped them running altogether. I suppose its a record of sorts.

my old man was like him....angry all the time, he used to bite thro no end of pipes when i had done something wrong....he died outside Docking post office massive heart attack....good riddance to him !

Bob Crow was "wound so tightly" im not surprised he had an attack.....used to see him on News for you.....he was like a stick of dynamite waiting for someone to push a button

Love him or loathe him he was good at his job and did it with passion.

Members of the RMT did very nicely while he was around, but there were millions who hated him and his attitude.

He will be difficult to replace, and most Londoners will be delighted at that (if not at his death - far too young).

LS

Kudubya will be in mourning for a month on this one, his hero gone

actually me old mucka your quite wrong (no change there then) whilst I supported his efforts to represent those in his union, I was no fan of his tactics, but then again desperate times do sometimes require desperate efforts,anyway glad to see the early death of someone has done nothing to diminish your vitriol and bitterness to trade unionism in general, and your dislike of one person in particular, rather sad really.

KW

Edited by kdubya