if you know this chap knock him out for me....

camokid

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rimotu66

I have reported him to you tube asking for them to report him to the police, if every one does the same maybe they will

Already posted on You Tube - telling him what an idiot he is.

Report him Gordon.

Disgusting behaviour...sadly an issue which will always happen when muppets can go and buy unregulated air weapons and wander around with them.

I have expressed my displeasure in the video comments.

You cant class every person with an airgun as such , if airguns were not easily available the number of people coming into shooting would drop considerably , they are an excellent avenue to shooting sports and the majority of airgun owners use them responsibly , they are not all idiots , you must remember that it is not the gun but the person shooting it , how

many people with rimfire rifles exceed their capability and that of the rifle ,you would have to be very naive to think nobody does , I have met plenty of idiots in my years of shooting and hunting and plenty of genuine decent "sportsmen" for want of a better word , if you doubt it look at some of the posts on other forums "its not what you got its how you use it" .

You cant class every person with an airgun as such , if airguns were not easily available the number of people coming into shooting would drop considerably , they are an excellent avenue to shooting sports and the majority of airgun owners use them responsibly , they are not all idiots , you must remember that it is not the gun but the person shooting it , how

many people with rimfire rifles exceed their capability and that of the rifle ,you would have to be very naive to think nobody does , I have met plenty of idiots in my years of shooting and hunting and plenty of genuine decent "sportsmen" for want of a better word , if you doubt it look at some of the posts on other forums "its not what you got its how you use it" .

Totally agree and I stared with air rifles like most of us did - but without licensing or regulation and education how do you stop idiots like this? I struggle to fully understand why people are so against licensing - doesnt need to be like a FAC oR SGC but if licensing stops things like this happening then I am all for it.

I am sure you didn't mean that last comment the way it can be read, airguns are in no way suited if that's what you have got. The capability of a rimfire honestly depends on the user and airgun at 12 ft lb is very much more limited. If you viewed a Hare as the biggest Rimfire quarry a sub holds enough power to kill it DRT far beyond the range any could make the shot with head, neck or chest cavity placement. What we are talking here though on this thread is carry enough gun, preferably one that's legal to use :rolleyes:

Have said it before but an "airgun ticket" might allow a marginally higher limit and 15 ft lb makes your average airgun a lot easier to use on quarry at sensible ranges (munties excluded)

Very much agree with you comments on shooter recruitment though :yes:

Perhaps like in the motorbike world where we have 'CBT' for scooter riders...

When you buy your first Airgun, the dealer who sells it to you should have qualification enough (free training from an association) to give the new buyer a 30 min demo and safety discussion and legal quarry types and ranges etc... Then BOTH parties should sign an agreement which would then be sent to the firearms dept to be kept on record of your ownership of the air gun.

That way it's a bit less than a full blown licence, but you are still accountable and traceable.

p.s if a private sale, then you should fill out a form and have to have a dealer send it to firearms dept.

I am sure you didn't mean that last comment the way it can be read, airguns are in no way suited if that's what you have got. The capability of a rimfire honestly depends on the user and airgun at 12 ft lb is very much more limited. If you viewed a Hare as the biggest Rimfire quarry a sub holds enough power to kill it DRT far beyond the range any could make the shot with head, neck or chest cavity placement. What we are talking here though on this thread is carry enough gun, preferably one that's legal to use :rolleyes:

Have said it before but an "airgun ticket" might allow a marginally higher limit and 15 ft lb makes your average airgun a lot easier to use on quarry at sensible ranges (munties excluded)

Very much agree with you comments on shooter recruitment though :yes:

Not sure about the part you mean there kent but I am saying that I have met a lot of people that shoot beyond the capability of their gun or even dog (if hunting) I know that an airgun is vast difference in energy to even .22lr rimfire rounds and more so wmr or hmr but I would not consider a rimfire anymore than a .22 airgun on anything the size of even a small member of the "deer " size animals unless for humane despatch in that case I have seen .410 do it humanely up close but wouldn't consider them myself , in the case of airguns on ticket I am dead against it and

would probably sell mine if it came about because I would start my grandchildren with a rimfire or shotgun instead I have had discussions with friends and relatives who shoot and the majority

have said the same , I feel this would leave a huge void in the shooting community ,remember when a lot of us were kids we were allowed to shoot our airguns in our gardens including my own children and I feel they gained a huge amount of experience from it ,same as they did from their first visit to a rifle range or clay club but the airguns were much cheaper and easier entry into our sport .