An update - I'm still shooting!

I had a member PM me today asking if I had quit shooting all together. My guess is that it was because I had not put any posts up layely, but that is simply because I haven't had much of interest shootingwise worth mentioning lately (And of course if I don't say anything no-one can say that I am wrong).

As things are because of my health situation (Which is personal to me and as such I am not prepared to discuss it or answer questions about it) I have had to dramatically cut down on the amount of shooting i am able to do, especially as just to "complicate things" I am now getting a few nasty attacks of Neuralgia(sp) setting in.

The general situation is that I have sold three of my rifles.I have kept my Over and Under for clay shooting and the occasional walk around when I feel up to it. I have also kept my .22LR (Anschutz 525) for Sporting Traget Shooting with our club and again for the occasional walk around for a rabbit or two when I feel up to it. As such I am keeping my permissions but the foxing is being done by two very good and trusted friends who will now be sharing the permissions with me.

In order to allow me to continue with my love of shooting I am putting more of my time into clay and club target shooting and have now started learning about target shooting using black powder pistols and rifles. This allows me to shoot without all of the hill walking which I am not really up to nowadays.

I have made a short video from a series of three that I did with my Remington 1858 Revolver and my .50 Cal Ball and Cap Rifle. For those that are interested in Black Powder Shooting they can watch it by clicking on the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FwGFx5Fz2g&list=UU7Y3ebQYzdwgWJaLmRIQNMA

Keep at it FB.

I have lung issues that prevent me from going walkabout but I share a small 4WD with her indoors and that gets me about most of my places very nicely.

It's easy to adapt to shooting off the drivers door mirror bracket - or a length of 3"x2" between the dashboard and passenger seat, and out that window.

Glad to see you posting Pete, I saw you upload the videos the other day. Those Black powder rifles sure look a hoot to shoot ! I recon I could also enjoy casting my own ammo, is that something your doing also ? ATB Matt

Casting my own ammo is not something I am doing at the moment as I am still trying different ammo (When I can get to the range) However once I have found what ammo and powder load the rifle likes best casting my own could be on the cards, and yes, they really are great fun to shoot, if ever you get a chance to try one you really ought to!

Thanks for the reply!