England v Italy

bullet boy

In truth we played much better than I expected, but just the same Italy always seemed more likely to than us.

Not a good start and no doubt our future will be in others hands now, assuming of course we can get a result from our next two games!

Oh dear!

Same old England. We all get caught up in the hype then after the first game the realisation were carp sets in. Costa Rica who were supposed to be 'whipping boy' of the group could be a tougher game than Uruguay.

I feel just getting out of the group stage could be too much of an ask at the minute.

ATB 425

England didn't press the ball high up the pitch. Watch Italy's second goal again, easily avoided if we tried to win the ball from the right back.

Gerrard, Rooney and Henderson were largely anonymous and why did Wilshere get brought on? Roy needs to think again!

I thought it was the best England performance for quite some time.

Italy are no mugs and will do well in the competition.

There was definitely something wrong with the left back/left half coverage (which led to the goals), but I don't think it was Wayne Rooney's fault.

Phil Neville was a disaster,dull flat voice speaking in four word sentences.

With the top class sports talent available to the BBC (much better than ITV) , I can't believe he got the job.

Surely he must have had an audition, perhaps they thought he was Gary. :)

I thought it was the best England performance for quite some time.

Italy are no mugs and will do well in the competition.

There was definitely something wrong with the left back/left half coverage (which led to the goals), but I don't think it was Wayne Rooney's fault.

Phil Neville was a disaster,dull flat voice speaking in four word sentences.

With the top class sports talent available to the BBC (much better than ITV) , I can't believe he got the job.

Surely he must have had an audition, perhaps they thought he was Gary. :)

I agree it wasn't a bad performance, but we needed to press their defence more. Italy came out from the back with ease, something they didn't let us do.

The young guns must ALL be on from the start against Uruguay. If we're going out, let's go out all guns blazing!

Phil Neville was the most shockingly monotone commentator i have ever heard.As for the football,well deserved for Italy but England on the counter played some good stuff which could have got them a point.Pirlo was different class and the England midfield pretty poor.

Phil Neville was the most shockingly monotone commentator i have ever heard.As for the football,well deserved for Italy but England on the counter played some good stuff which could have got them a point.Pirlo was different class and the England midfield pretty poor.

Totally agree Dave.Neville was Awful!

Pirlo at 35 was a different class.

Pirlo was amazing...cant believe how much ground he covered and why no one was assigned to mark him a little closer... he seemed to have so much time on the ball.

Didn't you just know though that Mario was going to come back and haunt us and score a goal against us

We did play well, but to be blunt I don't think we can improve much. That said, with a bit more luck we could have had a couple before the Ities finished their linguini.

Shame Terry couldn't be coaxed out of international retirement, Cahill looks week.

I really cannot see us winning a game.. :no::bye2:

I think they need to kick the football harder, alot harder! Nobody likes getting smashed square in the gonads by a high velocity inflatable projectile.

Sven needs to have a word with the team and perhaps move hoddle and dixy dean up front.

Sorted!

Rooney is a waste of space. And as for Gerrard, what a load of ****, i've seen cripples stay on their feet more, drop him and play Frank the Tank.

And as for the singing of the anthem, I could mumble louder than some of them ***.

On the plus side though, what a fiery display by Sturridge, Sterling and Welbeck, completely up for it and definitely the future. Roy just needs to have the guts to bin Rooney and Gerrard.