Equality in clay prices

Beretta06

I visited a local clay ground yesterday and was disappointed to see a difference in prices per clay for women and men!! Women was 31p and men were 33p. Retired and juniors also received a discount. I am sorry, but I don't see why ladies should pay less per target, I kind of understand the idea behind the young and old though.

I expect the normal PC nonsensical explanation that it encourages women to the sport - we should be attracting everyone, regardless of their sex!

Anyone else noticed similar price variations??

I also shoot at West Kent and whilst I can understand them doing this to encourage women into the sport, I see no advantage in a reduction of price per clay; if women want to get into the sport they would expect to, and i'm sure be happy to, pay the same price as their male counterparts until they wanted to become members...? No?

I visited a local clay ground yesterday and was disappointed to see a difference in prices per clay for women and men!! Women was 31p and men were 33p. Retired and juniors also received a discount. I am sorry, but I don't see why ladies should pay less per target, I kind of understand the idea behind the young and old though.

I expect the normal PC nonsensical explanation that it encourages women to the sport - we should be attracting everyone, regardless of their sex!

Anyone else noticed similar price variations??

I suppose you stood up against free drinks /half price for Ladys nights in the clubs etc. ? In fairness they are both illegal sexual discrimination though the reason is likely to raise the amount of women at the clay ground and sport in question, no bad thing for shooting or the ground itself

I have seen it at the odd competition shoot, never bothered me in the slightest. I have also seen where they gave the ladies free entry into a prize fund if they were going to go birds only and paid out to first place lady regardless of class.

Those ladies that could shoot and stood a chance in class paid full price and entered their normal class prize fund, I thought it was a good idea, they were paying birds only prices but stood to win a couple of quid if they did ok amongst the girls.