tattoo new

bullet1747

Each to his own, don't care for them myself but my 57y.o. younger sister has had quite a few done. Some in the style of the Japanese Yakuza tats but she's lived in the middle east for 30 years!!!

My son pestered me for two years for a tat, he was only 16 so I always said NO. Told him when he was 18 he could please himself, 18th birthday got a dragon tat done on his upper arm. Funny thing is he always hides it from me.

My logic was (based on experience) if he gets one and a few years later wished he had not then he can't blame me.

Perhaps its not a dragon tattoo !!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take heart.

Not everyone thinks it's Skippy.....

The mrs when shown instantly said "aaaah, poor bunny" she's not the shooting type but tolerates my little hobby

Sticks and stones mate ,people are entitled to there views while they pick on me there leaving others alone, as long as I'm happy that's all that matters

I love tattooing and how it has been around and the social development through the ages, that and I cant draw for toffees and wish I could so am not slating the ink. I've decided its a hare and not a rabbit/kangaroo as no one is any the wiser as to what it should have been or is now. Reminds me I should get more ink, just no wildlife just yet.....

Sticks and stones mate ,people are entitled to there views while they pick on me there leaving others alone, as long as I'm happy that's all that matters

I'm sure nobody is picking on you - it's just that the whole concept of being tattooed is always bound to be a contentious topic.

To compound things, if you have a tat that attempts to photographically replicate, it needs to be perfectly realistic.

Whilst the picture of your tattoo has been admired for it's faithfulness in terms of the rifle - the 'rabbit' does look a bit like a kangaroo!

I think, within legal parameters, everyone should be allowed to express themselves as they see fit and admire your courage in sharing this moment with us.

I'm not sure I would have chosen this particular design, but then, not being a tattooed person, I'm probably a poor judge!

Cheers,

John

I new it would stir a hornets nest all post like this do ,take on board all comments ,to be fair the pic doesn't do it justice and a bit of banter isn't a problem , must be the first post no one has fell out with any one , that must be a plus even if the tat doesn't agree with every one else, shoot straight even at rabbits ,hares or kangaroos

Perhaps its not a dragon tattoo !!!

He wears thin white cotton short sleeved shirts for work in summer. Has not yet 'cottoned' on they are semi transparent. Its a Chinese type dragon. Of course Ack-Ack being our favourite character :good: he may well having a hidden meaning which I'm missing. :/ .