Please help my family...

Munzy

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done...

But am I missing something (probably :))? if you dont sell you dont have a problem? or is it the land grade change thats the problem? or that you dont want this in your area at all?

The worry would be a compulsory purchase could be used and now land down graded they won't have to pay as much for it.

The worry would be a compulsory purchase could be used and now land down graded they won't have to pay as much for it.

Exactly. People are in fear of being left with devalued land that they might be forced to sell at a lower price.

The other aspect is that this huge development is just across the way from the farmhouse and there will be the constant noise of beeping from reversing artics all time of the night.

Finally, and in many ways more importantly, it's the principle of the thing. This business has targeted agricultural land due to it being cheaper to build upon. The acquisition of the land, however, is tricky for them. They have paid for land to be downgraded to dupe review boards and officials into seeing it as less important than it really is. It also threatens people to sell rather than be left with something far less valuable and paves the way for them to compulsory purchase at a rock bottom price.

As has been said by others in this thread, there is plenty of land that would be perfect for developments like this, it's just more expensive to prepare the land for development. Rather than dent their profits they are bullying small farming communities into selling up leaving the villages and towns empty and reducing the farming capabilities of Britain.

Fast forward 50 years and we will need to import all crops because the land (and the farmers) will be gone.

I'm a capitalist, I understand that with the disappearance of a few farms another industry is able to expand and grow. I get that. But this is only good for our economy if they pay their taxes here. Are they paying their taxes? Yeah right!

Exactly. People are in fear of being left with devalued land that they might be forced to sell at a lower price.

The other aspect is that this huge development is just across the way from the farmhouse and there will be the constant noise of beeping from reversing artics all time of the night. Dont use this as part of your argument, reverse alarms can be switched off.

Finally, and in many ways more importantly, it's the principle of the thing. This business has targeted agricultural land due to it being cheaper to build upon. The acquisition of the land, however, is tricky for them. They have paid for land to be downgraded to dupe review boards and officials into seeing it as less important than it really is. It also threatens people to sell rather than be left with something far less valuable and paves the way for them to compulsory purchase at a rock bottom price.Can compulsory purchase be used for private ventures ?

As has been said by others in this thread, there is plenty of land that would be perfect for developments like this, it's just more expensive to prepare the land for development. Rather than dent their profits they are bullying small farming communities into selling up leaving the villages and towns empty and reducing the farming capabilities of Britain.

Fast forward 50 years and we will need to import all crops because the land (and the farmers) will be gone.

I'm a capitalist, I understand that with the disappearance of a few farms another industry is able to expand and grow. I get that. But this is only good for our economy if they pay their taxes here. Are they paying their taxes? Yeah right! Peel Holdings ...... IoM tax haven ????