bit of a lose. not sure where I am at the moment

activeviii

You know them days when things don't seam right and then thought out the day you find out why, well, Thursday was just that.

1 year ago my very best friend and a big part of the family had the devastating news that he had cancer, fair play he tried everything bit lost the battle a w3k before his son should have been swimming in the commonwealth games.

2 years to the day before he was diagnosed my lost her nanna, again a close and dear friend to my wife.

Thursday morning I had a call from a friends wife, he had a stoke on Wednesday and due to the harshness of it the decision was made to take him off life support. He was 33, a member on here and one of the fittest, happy, easy going people you would ever wish to meet.

I went stalking that evening just to get away from it all. 3 sad times for that day was more than enough.

While out stalking I had a call from my wife. She was in a bad way but the jist of the call was her brother, very close family, had just phoned to say he had been in hospital for tests, these tests had shown he is in advance stages of liver cancer and Christmas is touch and go. OMFG!!!! He is more a brother to me than my own family. A single parent trying to bring 2 boys up on the breadline and to proud to ask for help.

He lives over on the other side of the country but once he had the news he was on his way over to here where the rest of the family live.

Numb! That's all I can say now.

Thanks Dave. Not a lot can be done I guess. I think you meet lewis at the range a couple of times. Came the same time as nick. I feel for his other half more than anything. Only just moved house after a lot of hassles trying to sell their place and being messed about by the bank on the mortgage. Move 3 months ago with everything going for them. I took him and his other half out on the pigeons not many weeks ago where she has her first ever feathered pigeon with her own gun.

33, that's no age.

That was an unbelievable shock Phil. Considering the amount of tablets you and I take, you would have expected Lewis to be carrying our kit for loads of years to come! He was the most healthiest, fittest bloke around here.

Such a shocking shame and a real nice bloke too. I can't imagine what his wife is going through.

As for your brother-in-law, if there's anything I can do to help, even if it's to take the dogs out for a walk to give you breather, don't hesitate, I'll be there.

I am sorry to hear you are having such a terrible time of it , it must be a difficult time for you and your family .

I fear there is little I can say that will make things better , but it does show why we should all live today and worry about tomorrow if it comes .

Xmas is a time to remember loved ones lost .

I lost my older sister 16 years ago to an epileptic fit in her sleep at 19 years old and I remember feeling so guilty when I reached 20 years old and living longer. I also feel guilty sitting around the table at Xmas with my kiddies having fun .

You have to stay positive else it can drag your whole life down as I found out . :(

My sister is buried next to 2 other friends all in 3 years and I've lost another 2 since then through cancer or suicide .

I used to turn up the farm most weekends and see my mate john and it's stuck in my head him saying

" alright #### ,how you doing ? you got to laugh at life"

He asked me to grab some fox loads for his 12g , so I did as I was always at the gun shop. ( his sgc was current)

I had a phone call saying he'd shot himself a week later :( he was the happiest bloke I knew but It was an act :(

It's easy to say but you can't let it drag you down as it's brings everyone else down .

I hope things pick up for you in the future .

as i read these posts the eyes do tend to fill up, i find this a gentle forum with strangers all wanting to be kind and there for each other.its a great place to share your thoughts, to know your not alone as others have gone through the same things.

being strong is not always easy sometime you just have to let it go, in tears there is a chemical that helps take the pain away a little.

Some news, good, bad¿?

Just have a message from Lewis's (Monkey001) other half.

The basics are, he has been suffering with migraines for a while. It was put down to stress from trying to move house and his job. 33 years old. Spent every evening in the gym. Was happy go lightly even with the stress

On Wednesday he suffered a massive stroke. On Friday the doctors said 'if' he was to survive he would be in a vegative state. The hard and massive decision was made that the life suport should be turned off and he should be allowed to quietly slip away. Knowing Lewis he would want to be left in that state but, 2 days on and he it still with us. His other half said it was just like him, stubborn and still fighting to the very end.

I really really hope he fights and come back to some sort of life. Defy the odds and show the pessimists he isn't ready to go yet. Knowing him as I do I would say he is getting his moneys worth out the system.

Thanks all for all your kind words. Muchly appreciated

King regards

Phil

I am very sorry to hear about the hellish time you're going through, Phil. I'm guessing there's not much I can do from Scotland but if by any chance there is just let me know. Keep your chin up, mate, sometimes you have to be hard in order to save yourself and to be useful. Every good wish.

You know them days when things don't seam right and then thought out the day you find out why, well, Thursday was just that.

1 year ago my very best friend and a big part of the family had the devastating news that he had cancer, fair play he tried everything bit lost the battle a w3k before his son should have been swimming in the commonwealth games.

2 years to the day before he was diagnosed my lost her nanna, again a close and dear friend to my wife.

Thursday morning I had a call from a friends wife, he had a stoke on Wednesday and due to the harshness of it the decision was made to take him off life support. He was 33, a member on here and one of the fittest, happy, easy going people you would ever wish to meet.

I went stalking that evening just to get away from it all. 3 sad times for that day was more than enough.

While out stalking I had a call from my wife. She was in a bad way but the jist of the call was her brother, very close family, had just phoned to say he had been in hospital for tests, these tests had shown he is in advance stages of liver cancer and Christmas is touch and go. OMFG!!!! He is more a brother to me than my own family. A single parent trying to bring 2 boys up on the breadline and to proud to ask for help.

He lives over on the other side of the country but once he had the news he was on his way over to here where the rest of the family live.

Numb! That's all I can say now.

I saw wave on wave fall back from the sea wall

Confronted by man’s installation

And they kept coming back to resume the attack

Without any marked hesitation

Stay strong and the tide will turn.

God bless you.

Regards