Favourite Holiday Destinations

Winston72

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to hijack the thread but Alaska rocks. big time. Leave the wife in Vancouver and travel across the border. Simply stunning scenery, amazing sea food. fishing from heaven, cracking bars and the locals are beyond welcoming. had trips on float planes, boats and pick up trucks for free. One piece of advice - forget bear spray get a licence and carry a .357

Love Canada,the Rockies are amazing,and when the snow is down skiing around lake Louise is fantastic.

Scotland,love walking round Ben Nevis area,must do the Isles some time,taking photos there you are guaranteed a great view.

France,down around the Bourdeax region,long lazy lunches on a small terrace with a couple of bottles of plonk.

Only been to Sri Lanka once but food was amazing as was the scenery and it was a total chill out holiday .

And I live in Pembrokeshire,I am still amazed at some of the scenery I come across and I have lived here most of my life,walking the coast path is great.

I have begged the wife to agree to a holiday here with little effect, Has anybody ever fancied the Cook Islands its on my to do list

Did the cook Islands 3yrs ago. Depends what you want from a holiday. If you want a beach/sea sports holiday then its good (if you dont go in the rainy season!!) BUT the island is suffering big time from a lack of income and hence most things look tired and well worn! and everyone is on a downer! Tourism is their only major income and that is dropping fast.

It is expensive to get to and takes a long time. They do not export anything so everything is super expensive (the supplies boats have to be paid for both ways as they leave empty!) Loaf of cheap bread was over £5.

Like i said depends on what you want but i cant think of anthing there that is any better, than other places that are cheaper or easier to get to.

Switzerland,mountain biking was awesome cycling across the glacier. Don't like doing abroad though really and going to Venice with her in doors in August just to stop her twisting( been told it's a stinking **** hole) would rather be walking the Northumberland Coast.

Venice is amazing , we didnt find the smell that bad, the pigeons in st marks square are a site to behold,as are the prices in the squares cafe's but well worth it for the Dojes palace alone are you staying in st marks square or Lido de jeslo?

Lived in north Yorkshire for the first 21 years of my life. Visited Scotland once a year every year of my life, sometimes twice a year.

Loved it that much around the cairngorms area I moved here, best move I ever made.

I have travelled allover Scotland and know that in my lifetime I wont get to see it all. i find this quiet corner of the world truly fascinating

Bucket list...

Mongolia

Canada

Vietnam

In any order.

Did the cook Islands 3yrs ago. Depends what you want from a holiday. If you want a beach/sea sports holiday then its good (if you dont go in the rainy season!!) BUT the island is suffering big time from a lack of income and hence most things look tired and well worn! and everyone is on a downer! Tourism is their only major income and that is dropping fast.

It is expensive to get to and takes a long time. They do not export anything so everything is super expensive (the supplies boats have to be paid for both ways as they leave empty!) Loaf of cheap bread was over £5.

Like i said depends on what you want but i cant think of anthing there that is any better, than other places that are cheaper or easier to get to.

WOW is it ok to PM you a couple of questions as i need advice? please tell me you have walked on Henderson island...............i think i just wet myself with excitement

Don't like doing abroad though really and going to Venice with her in doors in August just to stop her twisting( been told it's a stinking **** hole)

It's an amazing city if you open your eyes, but August isn't the time to go, it will be absolutely rammed with tourists and most likely hotter than hell

You will want to find out where the lido is

Venice is amazing , we didnt find the smell that bad, the pigeons in st marks square are a site to behold,as are the prices in the squares cafe's but well worth it for the Dojes palace alone are you staying in st marks square or Lido de jeslo?

Don't know mate just told her to book it,all I know is it's the Giogione hotel and there water out side the door.Dont want to go but will just to keep her happy,Pigeons eh,will i need the rotary or just a couple of flappers.If a take the fishing rod that will realy **** her off,loads of time to get out of it and convince her to take a mate.

Antigua is our favourite beach/chill-out holiday. Its the most laid back place I've ever been, the local folks are friendly and great fun. Anywhere in Florida is tops for a more active holiday. I'm planning on hiring a bike and riding coast to coast in a couple of years to explore more of the US. Thats been on my bucket list for years :)

Don't know mate just told her to book it,all I know is it's the Giogione hotel and there water out side the door.Dont want to go but will just to keep her happy,Pigeons eh,will i need the rotary or just a couple of flappers.If a take the fishing rod that will realy **** her off,loads of time to get out of it and convince her to take a mate.

I'm quite jealous it's an amazing place as regards the pigeons take a stick lol and just watch how the corn sellers desk with them, out comes a priest and bop , pigeon goes down

Breckenridge in Colorado - an old mining town turned ski resort with the highest run about 15,000 feet. Fantastic atmosphere, great skiing and decent trout fishing.

Whistler, Canada - great salmon fishing not far, good skiing and the people are very friendly, also the scenery is amazing.

Really enjoyed Corfu (non touristy bit), nice beaches, decent food and good weather.

Visiting my grandfather in Monaco is really nice, the weather is always good, the food is always delicious and the place has a nice vibe, not to mention the grand prix. Although I imagine it wouldn't be much fun if you were going there on holiday as everything's bloody expensive.

Salmon fishing in Devon with Charlie Bettinson this summer was one of my best fishing experiences yet I must say.

Edited by double10

Love Canada,the Rockies are amazing,and when the snow is down skiing around lake Louise is fantastic.

Scotland,love walking round Ben Nevis area,must do the Isles some time,taking photos there you are guaranteed a great view.

France,down around the Bourdeax region,long lazy lunches on a small terrace with a couple of bottles of plonk.

Only been to Sri Lanka once but food was amazing as was the scenery and it was a total chill out holiday .

And I live in Pembrokeshire,I am still amazed at some of the scenery I come across and I have lived here most of my life,walking the coast path is great.

Lake Louise is probably the most lovely place I have ever been to. Stayed in the hotel with a lake view. Stunning.

Switzerland,mountain biking was awesome cycling across the glacier. Don't like doing abroad though really and going to Venice with her in doors in August just to stop her twisting( been told it's a stinking **** hole) would rather be walking the Northumberland Coast.

August ! Stubble time mate tell her to beat it.lol