Sue the Rifle Maker!

TIGHTCHOKE

I saw this last night. I appreciate that this is a sensitive subject, given the nature of the deaths, but they're suing the gun maker for making a gun which can pierce armour....

They should really go after changing the laws on armour piercing rounds, as you'd have to throw a rifle pretty hard to become armour piercing.

I rather suspect that all is not as it seems with this story. I don't believe for one second that the plaintiffs in this case believe that they would have any chance of success, however what they are guaranteed is a significant media reaction to the story. The media coverage and the resulting reaction will be used in some way shape or form to influence something else, whatever that something else may be.

There is most definitely a hidden agenda.

So if a burglar rifles through your sock drawer, can you sue his parents ? .... as they made the rifler :lol:

I rather suspect that all is not as it seems with this story. I don't believe for one second that the plaintiffs in this case believe that they would have any chance of success, however what they are guaranteed is a significant media reaction to the story. The media coverage and the resulting reaction will be used in some way shape or form to influence something else, whatever that something else may be.

There is most definitely a hidden agenda.

Not now, I think you just outed it. Good spotting :good:

Interesting - I thought the gun manufacturers lobbied for this law some years ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_of_Lawful_Commerce_in_Arms_Act

They are obviously trying to either invalidate it or push its boundaries.

Just found this article which expands on the law - there are apparently exceptions.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-sandy-hook-gun-lawsuit-20141215-story.html

Interesting - I thought the gun manufacturers lobbied for this law some years ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_of_Lawful_Commerce_in_Arms_Act

They are obviously trying to either invalidate it or push its boundaries.Just found this article which expands on the law - there are apparently exceptions.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-sandy-hook-gun-lawsuit-20141215-story.html

I don't think that legislation will get them a victory, as I read it they are attempting to claim the gun shouldn't have been sold to someone who was mentally impaired, but the gun wasn't sold to him, it was sold to his mother and he stole it - the mother would be the only one liable under that claim IMHO as she failed to secure it - she was victim 1 though I believe so that claim is out.

I don't think that legislation will get them a victory, as I read it they are attempting to claim the gun shouldn't have been sold to someone who was mentally impaired, but the gun wasn't sold to him, it was sold to his mother and he stole it - the mother would be the only one liable under that claim IMHO as she failed to secure it - she was victim 1 though I believe so that claim is out.

The legislation protects the gun makers, not the parents - but It will be interesting to see how this transpires. That bit of legislation is quite contentious with the anti-gun lobby. In the US the loser of a court case doesn't (usually) have to pay costs like here in the UK - so the parents are obviously giving it a go. They may well argue that the kid had 'access', and from what I recall, she did let him shoot it too (supervised).

The entire case is ridiculous in my opinion but I can understand the parents wanting their pound of flesh; they are going to be hurting for the rest of their lives. Wouldn't it be more relevant if they sued their Government or their local police department for failing to protect their children?

I suppose the motif 'To Protect and Serve' isn't as catchy as 'To Protect and Serve......but we can't be everywhere'.

I get the point that they are making the gun was designed and made for use by the military I do not understand why people should have them if you want to go hunting by a hunting rifle or a target gun for shooting paper for birds or clays shotguns if people want to shoot automatic guns they could keep some for hire at shooting ranges but what do I no I just look at things logically.

The entire case is ridiculous in my opinion but I can understand the parents wanting their pound of flesh; they are going to be hurting for the rest of their lives. Wouldn't it be more relevant if they sued their Government or their local police department for failing to protect their children?

I suppose the motif 'To Protect and Serve' isn't as catchy as 'To Protect and Serve......but we can't be everywhere'.

The problem is they are as you said hurting and wanting to blame anyone they can just to get some "closure". Unfortunately they will not look at the elephant in the room and that is that a good guy with a gun is 99% of the time the only one who stops the bad guy with the gun. Other more freedom oriented states get it that is why they are employing armed guards at school and even allowing techers to carry concealed on school property.

Liberal states like Connecticut will undoubtely have more mass shootings until something is done in this regard, meanwhile the anti-gunners will literally campaign standing on the bodies of dead children not because they care about the little lives lost but because it furthers thier anti-gun anti freedom agenda.