Urban myths/legends

Doc Holliday

Whilst entertaining Mrs H's brood on Boxing Day, we were playing some logo board game and a question came up about KFC which promptly prompted a flurry of remarks about why they don't use the word 'chicken' in any of their products. This was promptly followed up with a photo procured via the web of a four legged (and four winged) featherless chicken. Needless to say there didn't seem to hardly any meat on the bird in question but it was gasped and commented on by all, well nearly all. Personally I didn't believe it for a moment as I couldn't see how they would ever catch one.

I dare say KFC have their reasons for not using the word chicken in their products, mainly because they assume that most folk, if not all, would be fairly savvy as to the main content of their meat products would be hinted at in the 'C' of KFC. Still, I could be wrong.

So, the vein of my thread was to see what other urban myths/legends were out there. I think we're all fairly familiar with poor old Richard Gere and the unfortunate hamster/gerbil one so anything else would be welcome.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dare say KFC have their reasons for not using the word chicken in their products, mainly because they assume that most folk, if not all, would be fairly savvy as to the main content of their meat products would be hinted at in the 'C' of KFC. Still, I could be wrong.

I think I read therebranding was more to do with removing the word fried due to a worldwide down turn in sales.

people saw KFC as healthier than fried chicken.

The mind boggles

There was but it was alleged he had swallowed it. Rumour went round Leeds for years as he worked in the Warehouse nightclub in Leeds.

"Little house on the Praire" Farmhouse on the M62 is one that goes on and on even now- farmer would not move etc etc

There was but it was alleged he had swallowed it. Rumour went round Leeds for years as he worked in the Warehouse nightclub in Leeds.

"Little house on the Praire" Farmhouse on the M62 is one that goes on and on even now- farmer would not move etc etc

I think the geology of the moor couldn't sustain all the lanes side by side.

Love the story though.

I think the geology of the moor couldn't sustain all the lanes side by side.

Love the story though.

You are correct sir! Confirmed by a great series on BBC4 called " The secret life of the motorway"

Some nutters think that there is an alien base at the bottom of the dam wall too.

Edited by keg

They use the word Chicken in the names of lots of their products.

http://www.kfc.co.uk/our-food

Fair do's Zapp. I hold my hands up and plead my ignorance, seeing as I've never been in a KFC in my life I am totally unfamiliar with their products. However, a swift perusal of their website as you had done would have dispelled any and all allegations.

But it is there,

Sally traffic on radio 2 often refers to it when pointing out problems in that area

It's a strange little place and was featured as part of a documentary on the M62.

The farmer said he stopped lending tools out to broken down motorists as he never got them back

I certainly wouldn't want to live there as the noise must be horrendous

:shaun:

But it is there,

Sally traffic on radio 2 often refers to it when pointing out problems in that area

It's a strange little place and was featured as part of a documentary on the M62.

The farmer said he stopped lending tools out to broken down motorists as he never got them back

I certainly wouldn't want to live there as the noise must be horrendous

:shaun:

The sheep must be well polluted with exhaust fumes - wouldn't fancy eating any of them !