Ched Evans..What are your thoughts.

Fisherman Mike

One of the girls in my office used to work at Sunderland football club( not her fault I suppose) and she has told me about "events" with footballers and their shall we say female fans we have talked at length about this case, and lets just say she is well on the side of Mr Evans.

KW

I think Keane got rid of a local lad from Retford, forget his name. He used to play for Mansfield on the wing. Moved to Sunderland and there was a situation with a girl and videoing it. Keane shipped him out for it I think and rightly so!.

Liam Lawrence, that's the lad.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A well known rugby player of my acquaintance could tell you stories that would make your hair stand on end. Time was he wouldn't be able to go to the gents bogs in a club without being followed in and propositioned by a tipsy groupie blatantly wanting to have sex there and then.

It got to the point where he had to post mates outside the toilet doors who would, to coin a phrase, be beating them off with a ****ty stick.

I'm not for a moment stating that all women are 'asking for it' neither am I decrying genuine allegations of sexual abuse. But this kind of thing is what makes it so hard for the genuine victims. Sadly.

I think Keane got rid of a local lad from Retford, forget his name. He used to play for Mansfield on the wing. Moved to Sunderland and there was a situation with a girl and videoing it. Keane shipped him out for it I think and rightly so!.

Liam Lawrence, that's the lad.

she talked at length about one in particular, he was not the one you mention and I wont name him, but lets just say he was never short of more than willing opportunities

A well known rugby player of my acquaintance could tell you stories that would make your hair stand on end. Time was he wouldn't be able to go to the gents bogs in a club without being followed in and propositioned by a tipsy groupie blatantly wanting to have sex there and then.

It got to the point where he had to post mates outside the toilet doors who would, to coin a phrase, be beating them off with a ****ty stick.

I'm not for a moment stating that all women are 'asking for it' neither am I decrying genuine allegations of sexual abuse. But this kind of thing is what makes it so hard for the genuine victims. Sadly.

Well summarised. I saw it on the showjumping circuit in the 1980s, any of the big shows, it went on.

Winston72 - if you post comments which cast grave doubt on your suitability to hold any type of firearms certificate, expect a gentle ribbing. If you can't stand the heat, you need to get out more.

I presume your comments were made in jest - at least I hope so.

Happy New Year. :whistling::whistling: :whistling:

about you been a sad man or my cure for animals?and to be fair your opinion on my suitability to hold a certificate is , well not worth a toss

The latest news was that Oldham decided not to take him on after death threats were made against members of the board AND THEIR FAMILIES. These anti rape protesters are probably also the same people that get involved with the Animal rights protests. Barking mad!

Now whatever the issues in the case, threatening to kill or harm somebody's kids is fanaticism.

Edited by Vince Green

To quote the Sheffield United fans including young children from a few weeks ago " there's only one ched evans and he does what he wants"

So we may not see him as a role model but a lot of people are impressed by him.

And therein lies the real issue.

There's little point is us lot going on about him being guilty or not. He was found guilty in a court of law. Also, there's no point in banging on about this girl and whatever she did, because whatever she did, morales or no morales, she did not break the law.

So, should he be allowed to play professional football or not? If there was no culture that idolises football players then I would possibly say yes, he's done his time etc. But, again there's no point in saying "I wouldn't allow my kids to hold these people up as role models" because the simple fact is, people DO hold these players in high regard. Personally, I don't agree that footballers should be role models (although I'm sure some of them do actually deserve to be role models) but who cares what I think. The sad truth is, the first time Evans scores a goal and turns to the adoring fans, they [the fans] will be cheering a convicted rapist. People being people, some will see it as being OK for a man to rape a woman, and gents, that's simply wrong. But to be adored or held in high regard having done so, can't be right. I don't know, but I assume most rapists return to their lives, albeit not as before, but most people don't have thousands of people adoring them. It makes a difference.

End of.

And therein lies the real issue.

There's little point is us lot going on about him being guilty or not. He was found guilty in a court of law. Also, there's no point in banging on about this girl and whatever she did, because whatever she did, morales or no morales, she did not break the law.

So, should he be allowed to play professional football or not? If there was no culture that idolises football players then I would possibly say yes, he's done his time etc. But, again there's no point in saying "I wouldn't allow my kids to hold these people up as role models" because the simple fact is, people DO hold these players in high regard. Personally, I don't agree that footballers should be role models (although I'm sure some of them do actually deserve to be role models) but who cares what I think. The sad truth is, the first time Evans scores a goal and turns to the adoring fans, they [the fans] will be cheering a convicted rapist. People being people, some will see it as being OK for a man to rape a woman, and gents, that's simply wrong. But to be adored or held in high regard having done so, can't be right. I don't know, but I assume most rapists return to their lives, albeit not as before, but most people don't have thousands of people adoring them. It makes a difference.

End of.

ever heard of a guy called tyson?

KW

how can one be not guilty and the other guilty that does not make sense

The problem is there is a jury of twelve people if you had two jurys and gave them both the same information would they both come to the same verdict somehow I doubt it so I for one see nothing wrong in someone after being found guilty says that they have got it wrong just as in Scotland you get then not proven verdict not much in life is 100% rite or wrong.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

As you say,when you hear of false claims it doesnt help the genuine victims cause at all,and it certainly taints the accused.

This whole case imo is a bit of a shambles and when you read the actual evidence its hard to see how he was convicted,but then again we cant be 100% that she was in a fit state esp after consuming cocaine,cannabis and being 2.5 times the drink drive limit.

The law is a funny thing the lass was 2.5 times the drink drive limit so cannot make a concious decision, but if the bloke is also 2.5 or 3 times the drink drive limit he is stil responsible for his actions.

The simple fact when a lot of drink involved on both sides and only 2 witness's, even the only 2 folk present probably don't know wot actually happened so wot chance does anyone else have.

Its very hard to attempt to argue his side without seeming to justfiy/condone rape which i'm not at all, but in the law rape is rape. To me there is a big difference between premeditated rape either drugging/spiking girls or dragging them from somewhere,

There is 2 footballer's who went back to play after killing folk throu dangerous driving (1 was drunk too) is that any worse? Also a single mistake

They have made a massive mistake but it only takes a tiiny misjudgement to end up in a situation like this.

For those who don't think he should play again .

Wot should he do? Would u want him working behind a bar where ur daughter drinks? Stacking selfs in a supermarket with ur daughter? Learning a trade and coming round ur house when he's time served when ur mrs/daughter is in alone?

Would these sponsors want to employ him direct? Doubt it. So how does an ex con survive after prison. I'm sure there are many far more nasty/evil people than him walking the streets and holding down a job

Probably the best place for him is on the pitch

This is mob rule and the internet at its very worst

Hopefully the jury wrung the truth from this seedy cauldron of depravity . Market forces decided for the club so it matters not what everyone else thinks . He stinks as a commodity so far . Maybe as a person too . Problem is when perverts are hounded into obscurity with nothing to lose they become a greater danger . Lets see what the appeal says .

Two and a half times over the limit. Is that all? It is well documented that she had supped 2 large glasses of wine before going out. She didn't go out until 1-30am and by 2-30am had supped a further 5 double vodkas and a sumbrukka, and had the nerve to say her drinks had been spiked. Hells bells i would be on life support if I had necked that lot. How on earth was she still walking let alone coherant.Looking and reading about him dare I suggest they were made for each other. from Auntie.

Two and a half times over the limit. Is that all? It is well documented that she had supped 2 large glasses of wine before going out. She didn't go out until 1-30am and by 2-30am had supped a further 5 double vodkas and a sumbrukka, and had the nerve to say her drinks had been spiked. Hells bells i would be on life support if I had necked that lot. How on earth was she still walking let alone coherant.Looking and reading about him dare I suggest they were made for each other. from Auntie.

I think she may have practised quite a bit!

The English legal system is all over the place with sentencing i.e. moors murderers etc, rape etc etc. some are just made an example of. A reality of life However is that we have the legal courts and the court of public opinion. When the courts do not do their job, or sentencing guidelines are too weak, the court of public perception kicks in. In reality we must blame ourselves for voting in weak governments who do not wish to change legislation, provide cons with Butlins style accommodations etc. punishments where people willingly put themselves into silly situations should be dealt with harshly, that's why there is such high rates of reoffending, there is no deterrent. It would be interesting if Ched had a daughter that this happened to, would he be so forgiving? Personally, until sentencing becomes harsher to fit the actual crime, I am happy for the court of public perception to hound away and apply pressure for him not to play.

It occurs to me that when a girl of that age goes for a night out she would go to a club not the bar of a hotel where a load of footballers are staying. Or am I missing something?

It occurs to me you havent read the facts of the story at all,so yes,you are missing quite a bit.

Anyone remember Lee Hughes ? Killed a man whilst out driving. Did a runner from the scene. Got 6 years. Showed no signs of remorse and was back playing at Notts County. Was there at county ground with the away fans and he got some stick from us. He smiled blow us a kiss. Held is belly like he was doing a belly laugh and waved.

He should not be allowed to play.he did what he did and wasnt sent to prison for no reason.wether she was drunk or not it doesnt matter because no means no!nobody asks to be raped.as for the idiots threatening club family members with rape etc they need thrashing.they wouldnt like it if it was their mum/sister/wife etc.