My little gripe

tonker

I said to myself I'd keep my mouth shut. But when something is on my mind I have to say something.

How come that in the for sale section, that it is becoming a habit for people to comment on a sale Item

when they obviously don't want it.

Eg;- Cheaper at so & so, Why are you selling it, I wouldn't have one of those, This one's better

Surely the seller wants X£'s for it, if the buyer wants to pay that, then they do, end of story.

I'm very plain speaking and I'm afraid this winds me up. Perhaps I'm just a grumpy old *** :yes::yes:

No, I agree with you. it's unnecessary. If you don't want to buy it, or can't improve their chances of selling it with something useful. don't post! If the price is high, it's hardly rocket science to drop the seller a friendly PM to let them know they might have to be more realistic in the cost, but why affect someone's sales unnecessarily? Gripe away!

Edited by chrisjpainter

No, I agree with you. it's unnecessary. If you don't want to buy it, or can't improve their chances of selling it with something useful. don't post! If the price is high, it's hardly rocket science to drop the seller a friendly PM to let them know they might have to be more realistic in the cost, but why affect someone's sales unnecessarily? Gripe away!

Thanks Chris & Jim I thought I was just being a Victor Meldrew.

Edited by tonker

It's not even a nasty streak, just some people can't help but put their oar in even if they've got nothing to do with it.

As my Gran (from Nether Stowey) said to one of my uncles, "Wind thee bloody neck in, it's got nort to do with you!"

Bluddy el theece ain't very fur frum I

I agree with you Tonker, I've had sales spiked on here.

I'm decluttering at the moment and have loads of things for sale but I won't put them on here because of interfering comments.

I've never tried to rip anyone off in my life and I'm always happy to consider offers but it's not worth the hassle on this site.

On other forums I'm on it is against the rules to comment in a way that may affect sales.

The thing that a lot of people do not seem to get is if you have a good shop just down the road from you selling stuff cheap good luck but for most of us buying stuff second hand have to have it deliverd is not the cheap option but it is the one that we go for as fuel is not cheap if you have to drive 100miles to get this bargin is it worth it.

As for there are better ones available made by different people it is up to the buyer to do some reserch before he/she buys it.

I agree with you Tonker, I've had sales spiked on here.

I'm decluttering at the moment and have loads of things for sale but I won't put them on here because of interfering comments.

I've never tried to rip anyone off in my life and I'm always happy to consider offers but it's not worth the hassle on this site.

On other forums I'm on it is against the rules to comment in a way that may affect sales.

It's frowned upon on here and we try to catch as many as we can,

However some slip through.

You can always use the report button if you think someone is unfairly interefering with a sale.

We do try to do our best

:shaun:

I would have thought that the 'if only I lived closer' comments would help, as it would bring th thread back to the top and keep it popular?

Bumping posts will not bring it back to the top.

If selling an item that I found to be good I will say. It can only benifit the seller.

"If only you were closer!" The classic lol!

That said tho when someone comments at something I'm tempted at n says I can buy it brand new somewhere for similar I appreciate the heads up

I hate the "Oh, this is the most perfect thing to me ever.... shame it's too far".

GET IN THE CAR AND GO AND GET IT!

We were looking at buying a Hatsan AT44 W10 about 4 years ago. Someone was selling one with a pump, for £150 than it would cost me new for the same combo. I informed him of this and put up links to the shop selling them. I wanted him to reduce his price to a more reasonable level so that we would buy it.

He got snotty, we bought new!

As I have posted on other adverts

"It's up to the seller how much he wants for the item,

If its too high people won't buy but it's HIS choice"

As for "bumping"?

It doesn't happen, it will highlight the advert but will not bring it to the top of the page,

That's why there is a 21 day reposting ban

It gives everyone a chance at the front page.

Also if you think the price is too high then leave it, DON'T Comment, you will get into bother at some point,

You can always POLITELY PM the seller informing him of this, not on the forum.

As said before we do try to catch this but some slip through, use the report button if you think you are being unfairly harassed.

:shaun: