the worlds gone mad

steveyg

Had business trip this week to Madrid,arrived and the sun was shining..felt lovely.

You can understand why people emigrate to sunner parts

Arrived for my my meeting with the worlds largest soft drink producer and was greeted by an armed guard and had my case scanned. had a chat with the guy,he was ex forces and said he could work 24/7 as the major brands are all looking for protection. God help my grandchildren the worlds mad

I have found armed guards for me just OTT and irritating until 2guys pulled pistols out as they were approaching me, my guard stepped in between me and them along with opening his jacket to show he was armed and protecting me. They turned and walked off. I never complained again. A colleague had his legs shot so he could stop the vehicle and they pulled him out and nicked his land cruiser.

The world is already a bit mad ...... In the UK we are very lucky.

I have found armed guards for me just OTT and irritating until 2guys pulled pistols out as they were approaching me, my guard stepped in between me and them along with opening his jacket to show he was armed and protecting me. They turned and walked off. I never complained again. A colleague had his legs shot so he could stop the vehicle and they pulled him out and nicked his land cruiser.

The world is already a bit mad ...... In the UK we are very lucky.

You really should avoid visiting Coventry City centre

My last companies factory in Madrid had an armed security guard too, that is just what they do. Thankfully something that is not required in the UK.

The factory and campus in Mexico City had a small platoon of armed guards.

Not required in the UK? funny I have to walk past them every day at work and they patrol my site 24/7, fully loaded with automatic weapons, pistols and tazers, dont feel left out it will soon be the norm.

KW

Edited by kdubya

Not required in the UK? funny I have to walk past them every day at work and they patrol my site 24/7, fully loaded with automatic weapons, pistols and tazers, dont feel left out it will soon be the norm.

KW

Does your work have a special requirement, is it critical infrastructure or a high profile target?

Our factories were consumer electronics so attractive for theft, but not what could be described as high profile. Thankfully in the UK we don't need armed guards for that type of facility.

Does your work have a special requirement, is it critical infrastructure or a high profile target?

Our factories were consumer electronics so attractive for theft, but not what could be described as high profile. Thankfully in the UK we don't need armed guards for that type of facility.

Its both! but remember its only a few weeks ago that a publishing company and a supermarket were considered to be not necessary of armed guards? the world is not mad but it is changing, and when you have threats from within numbering in THOUSANDS :yes: the means of maintaining security at the office front will no longer be an old style commissionaire.

KW

KW works in a Dildo factory and needs armed guards to stop females scaling the fences to get at them :whistling:

are you still wanting the testing job you were interested in? KY is a stores item.

KW

KW works in a Dildo factory and needs armed guards to stop females scaling the fences to get at them :whistling:

Haha that made me laugh, what a scary though hundreds of rabid north east lasses with strapadicktomes on the loose.

Its both! but remember its only a few weeks ago that a publishing company and a supermarket were considered to be not necessary of armed guards? the world is not mad but it is changing, and when you have threats from within numbering in THOUSANDS :yes: the means of maintaining security at the office front will no longer be an old style commissionaire.

KW

That is a fair point, it wouldn't take a whole lot to change what we consider normal. I heard a thing on the radio this morning, whilst on the way to shoot some clay doos, that a high ranking police officer has suggested all officers should be equipped with tazer as a response to the elevated threat. His reasoning was that attacks using firearms are probably still unlikely, but bampots with knives and swords are much more likely just because they are easily accessible.

I agree with you that the internal threats that we have in the UK are probably vastly underestimated.

Going off at a slight tangent I strongly suspect that is part of the rational behind the unplanned visits to firearms holders that we are seeing. Not that those holding the guns are an elevated risk, but simply opportunistic wannabe insurgents might see that as an opportunity to arm themselves.

I believe the threat profile is different to anything that we have seen before, it isn't just organised terrorist groups that we have seen before, but individuals vulnerable to being led astray and just acting out their own scenario. So different to the events in Paris, but very similar to what happened in Australia.

Shops and public gathering places will be the most vulnerable.

If the threat is really that high I can't see a problem with sticking troops on the streets.

We seem so bloody reserved when it comes to these things. It'll be too late if and when it kicks off in the streets and the local bobby lets rip with his taser and baton.

Sorry title should say mad...merlot is effecting my typing :)

Had business trip this week to Madrid,arrived and the sun was shining..felt lovely.

You can understand why people emigrate to sunner parts

Arrived for my my meeting with the worlds largest soft drink producer and was greeted by an armed guard and had my case scanned. had a chat with the guy,he was ex forces and said he could work 24/7 as the major brands are all looking for protection. God help my grandchildren the worlds mad

Have you just realised? Clearly spending too much time isolated from the world in remote corner of field staring at the sky. Lucky man!

The big problem with arming our police with anything would be the time spent at the start and end of each shift handing them all out and getting them all back.

US of A seems to manage and there are a lot more armed police there than could be here................i.e. all of them. Unless of course you are referring to the typical Brit red tape/bureaucracy/ B.S.