10000 BC

TaxiDriver

There's a few that have a vague idea, the rest are a bunch of misfits, vegetarians and lazy twits who expect everyone else to supply them with food and firewood.

It's like "Benefits Britain" in a forest, designed to wind up sensible people.

I've watched a few episodes but after they got taken in because of the weather and then so many stole "modern" items I decided that the whole thing is a set up, all designed and orchestrated to push up viewing figures. It's a complete farce, totally unrealistic and not worth watching. Coronation Street in the woods.

It's on Channel 5 and MTV at the same time - Very interesting watching the different methods of reportage.

Anyone remember the show they did in late 70's early 80's where they recreated a stone age village with families living there? Can't remember what it was called but the Comic Strip did a spoof of it.

It's on Channel 5 and MTV at the same time - Very interesting watching the different methods of reportage.

Anyone remember the show they did in late 70's early 80's where they recreated a stone age village with families living there? Can't remember what it was called but the Comic Strip did a spoof of it.

Living In The Past

Iv just wasted my afternoon on it, what can I say really

I would relish the opportunity to be there free hunting deer and boar! And that lake must have some stonking fish, why not setup a camp by the lake to spend proper time on it than faff about for a couple of hrs,

Glad that Steve went thought he's the type who knows everything and is always right

OK, easy to sit at keyboard and criticize.

Just how would you actually get a deer, boar or even a bunny using just what was available?

Preserving food, how long do you smoke meat , how hot do you get it.

I've tried fishing with good gear, rarely caught enough for a good feed without cheating.

Been out often with rifle or shotgun and come home empty handed.

Might be able to light a fire but never actually done it

OK, easy to sit at keyboard and criticize.

Just how would you actually get a deer, boar or even a bunny using just what was available?

Preserving food, how long do you smoke meat , how hot do you get it.

I've tried fishing with good gear, rarely caught enough for a good feed without cheating.

Been out often with rifle or shotgun and come home empty handed.

Might be able to light a fire but never actually done it

They have a bow with arrows and did have someone who could use it called Steve I believe before he quit

Watched the first two and have rest on series link,very poor show with a deliberate mix of idiots,wingers and gods gift heros.

With all the interest in survival etc they could of been on a winner with this twist,but turned it into yet another dross reality show,shame.

Anyone been to the saxon village near Bury st Edmunds.

I think that they should have started them off with lots of food so that they had enough energy to go out and forage. A boar and maybe a deer which would have kept them going for at least a couple of weeks. But i think its the conflict they were looking for in the group and not the actual workings.

The whole idea was flawed from the start. You can't place 20 people with no real skills into that environment and expect them to cope. If it was supposed to replicate 10000 bc then a tribe would have knowledge. A mixture of older people with the experience and skills not a group of people with no cohesion or the right skills for the project but I guess the producers didn't think that would make interesting telly.

It would be a totally different style of hunting to modern times, its all about conserving energy, and letting the traps do the work and the skills of reading game trails building traps etc. his would not mke good telly and none of them even got basic survival skills training so the show was just about watching them fail and fight each other to get ratings. Im not a survival nut but I know enough to know they had no chance.

Totally agree with rovercoupe - No chance of success but nevertheless interesting to watch the interaction of a mismatched group of people struggling to comprehend what they were up against.

I can't think there were many vegetarians about in the stone age. Got to be an omnivore and eat whatever is edible - that's why foxes and the like are so successful despite being hunted relentlessly my us lot.

I have been surprised with some of the people who dropped out early and also with those that are still in.

Without help they'd all have died.

I can't believe so many have quit so early on. I think that just shows the lack of knowledge and experience the production had in putting a show like this together. 20 people who have no real bond with each other (other than the mother & daughter, blondie and her fella and the ginger guy and his clan) trying to thrash it as hunter gatherers with skills they have only had a short time to master. It really was doomed from the start. I was only watching it in the hope of getting a glimpse of the blonde's beaver or maybe a bit of side boob. No such luck. I find that JP to be incredibly frustrating with his selfish attitude. I really can't see it going anywhere now, especially as they are down to 6 now. Hats off to the mother being vegetarian and lasting as long as she has/did (can't remember if they pulled her out).

Can't believe how many left so soon. In my opinion Steve was a good leader in the beginning but flopped massively as soon as he was challenged. The idea behind the show has loads of potential but was sadly wasted. I'd like to see a similar show where in one camp they have a group like this one and in another camp they have a group of ex forces or survivalists so you can see both ends of the spectrum. All the shows on survival are always full of idiots, it would be nice to see someone do it properly as group. Sure they could find ways of adding drama.