How to quit your job

malkiserow

Excellent. I'm quitting my part time job in a couple of years (when state pension and tax bands takes me into 40% on pt earnings) so looking for a novel way of doing this. My manager is a bit of a ****-head so it might come earlier - he had a meltdown one morning when milk stocks ran out (I used last dribble) but that morning, it was quite early, one of my mates had just been sideswiped by a Eastern European van driver, the other guy was awaiting tests for a suspected tumour and milk was so far off the radar he nearly had a mass walk out. He banned milk for 3 days (!!) so we bought our own and wouldn't share with him. Childish I know but amusing.

My "Exit" from one job was a classic. Working in Central London I had to deliver and install some equipment with a 7.5 tonner. No parking arranged, bloody nightmare!

Phoned the boss and told him I couldn't do the job without getting tickets, he threw a strop so I told him I would resign. He said "you can't resign, I'm sacking you as of now"

Fine by me, I parked up on a red route, locked the truck and caught the train home. Took back the uniform and company tools next day. He threw another strop because I left the truck but as I pointed out, as I was sacked I was no longer insured to drive it. I met him 3 years later when I was working for another company that were taking a lot of work from him. He wasn't very polite - - - - ! :lol:

i have one ready for when i want to go

i have a company car which is tracked and so and the boss is anal about it.

so i went to holiday on belguim in it. i have a great shot of me on the belguim board with the sign and me and the car in it, lol. i love tracker blockers

when i want out all i have to do is send it to him, gross misconduct amd beleive me i dont want these idiots any where near me so i want out quick

Edited by 10gaugewannabee

I got myself sacked from a 3 month contract after a week - it was a horrible place.

All it took was to say to a Permie on the evening before that I felt like quitting after the way somebody had spoken to me - who nicely went and told his boss (as I knew he would)

Next day I was walked off sight 30 minutes after arriving. Arrived home, went on my computer and secured myself 5 months fully expensed in Jersey :) - although I was too busy working to see much of it - but I was hourly paid!!

Oh I yes - the company that "sacked" me - I let them off with paying me a months notice - rather than the full value of the contract due to their breech of it.

Don't think bad Iof me - it was one of the large online bookies...they gambled and lost :)

i have left a transit on the side of a street in brum as i had run out of tacho hours and the manager wanted me to keep going, got fired

updated my linked in channel with the info, i want to quit and urgently looking for a job else where, got called by one of the managers and asked if it was true, said yes the mark grou then went into evil over time and treated the whole situation so badly it was a joke, so i left

stood back and let a manager make so many mistakes it was untrue, i got fired not him , lol a few months later when he had no one to blame he got fired

its just a job, nothing serious to me, anyone that wants to do 70 hours a week and the weekend its fine by me, i do 40 hrs and no weekends, the firm i am with at the moment are kicking off that i dont work the weekends, they have to because they muck up so much that they are all ways behind or on the back foot or to spineless to the clients temper tantrums, not for any other reasons so instead i go home, lol i have a life and its not at work thats for sure

the other one that will see me off at this building firm i work for in nottingham is holidays

i dont ask for holiday time off nor do i request it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i send in an email with the days i will not be at work as i am on holiday, if you have prorrblems with it tough i am not asking i am telling, its not up for discussion. this doris in the office came back with the company bolloxxx of two people are only allowed off at any one time, i came back with never mind i will still have the time off and send you a post card. lol

i love it when they think they can dictate when and how my family has time off

i have left a transit on the side of a street in brum as i had run out of tacho hours and the manager wanted me to keep going, got fired

updated my linked in channel with the info, i want to quit and urgently looking for a job else where, got called by one of the managers and asked if it was true, said yes the mark grou then went into evil over time and treated the whole situation so badly it was a joke, so i left

stood back and let a manager make so many mistakes it was untrue, i got fired not him , lol a few months later when he had no one to blame he got fired

its just a job, nothing serious to me, anyone that wants to do 70 hours a week and the weekend its fine by me, i do 40 hrs and no weekends, the firm i am with at the moment are kicking off that i dont work the weekends, they have to because they muck up so much that they are all ways behind or on the back foot or to spineless to the clients temper tantrums, not for any other reasons so instead i go home, lol i have a life and its not at work thats for sure

the other one that will see me off at this building firm i work for in nottingham is holidays

i send in an email with the days i will not be at work as i am on holiday, if you have prorrblems with it tough i am not asking i am telling, its not up for discussion. this doris in the office came back with the company bolloxxx of two people are only allowed off at any one time, i came back with never mind i will still have the time off and send you a post card. lol

I take it you're a team player?

Think thats called customer service.

As for the rest..well im just glad you dont work for the same firm as me.

PS. taco's in a transit van???????????????

There's a line both ways.

Had some night mares and also had some right gems who you'd be glad to work for.

I'm shocked atm as taking to a friend who's running our team in the Midlands I have learned just how many people can't be bothered to turn up when the should etc

The jobs 18k basic plus commission. Easily 25-30k ... may not be fortunes for some but for a job that requires no qualifications n no physical work I think it's alright.

From above , booking time off so the company hasn't got everyone off at once is common sense. If the company misses orders etc, ends up folding or loses contracts n has to lay people off , then your the one be out of a job.

Bet you'll be the first one up for promotion n all eh pal

to the nay sayers i ask these questions. would you cancell your family holiday because the planners in the office have a dead line that clashes with your familys holiday but because the muppets in the office and the people around you are unable to organise a brewery drinking season i have to pay the price and stay at work

i was married 26 years ago why should some tell me that, that date does not suit them 26 years later. or as i was told last week i cant have time off as its not suitable for the office staff to cover as mary is sick and sharah is pregnant, i dont remember inviting either of them to the wedding

as for being unemployed, nope a person of my skills and levels is very very rarely unemployed for more than a few days

and as for being a team play, absolutly NEVER, far far to many times i have been shagged by idiot managers or muppets in offices and all the resst of the dumb and stipids of the worlds, now and all ways i onlyu ever look after me and my family as my boss wont my manager wont and no one else would so why should i have to bow to them and there muppet ways

in my game its all ways the same especially with the firm i work for, bad planning leading from bad management and systems controls leads to me having to work like a dog to prevent the job going bad and getting a bad name from others incompeteneces, yet the idiot who priced the job wrong the idiot how planned the job wrong and idiot how i work for is a spineless twit, but none of these have to work the weekends or 70 hrs shifts a week they carry on doing 40 why cant i, i had my team player ness beaten out of me years ago by muppet managers and people above here how come out with the company talk of no i in team

theres also no mates in business so when after years of your hard work and sacrafice they pop in with a p45 and tell ya to sling ya hook, just remember that you missed all that time with your family for nothing,

no manager has ever cried at someone else losing there job, why should i

to the nay sayers i ask these questions. would you cancell your family holiday because the planners in the office have a dead line that clashes with your familys holiday but because the muppets in the office and the people around you are unable to organise a brewery drinking season i have to pay the price and stay at work

i was married 26 years ago why should some tell me that, that date does not suit them 26 years later. or as i was told last week i cant have time off as its not suitable for the office staff to cover as mary is sick and sharah is pregnant, i dont remember inviting either of them to the wedding

as for being unemployed, nope a person of my skills and levels is very very rarely unemployed for more than a few days

and as for being a team play, absolutly NEVER, far far to many times i have been shagged by idiot managers or muppets in offices and all the resst of the dumb and stipids of the worlds, now and all ways i onlyu ever look after me and my family as my boss wont my manager wont and no one else would so why should i have to bow to them and there muppet ways

in my game its all ways the same especially with the firm i work for, bad planning leading from bad management and systems controls leads to me having to work like a dog to prevent the job going bad and getting a bad name from others incompeteneces, yet the idiot who priced the job wrong the idiot how planned the job wrong and idiot how i work for is a spineless twit, but none of these have to work the weekends or 70 hrs shifts a week they carry on doing 40 why cant i, i had my team player ness beaten out of me years ago by muppet managers and people above here how come out with the company talk of no i in team

theres also no mates in business so when after years of your hard work and sacrafice they pop in with a p45 and tell ya to sling ya hook, just remember that you missed all that time with your family for nothing,

no manager has ever cried at someone else losing there job, why should i

Im great and will do whatever I ******* like. Everyones **** but me.