Another school boy error.

JDog

Today I didn't think that there would be many pigeons where I intended to look simply for the reason that the spring barley had been drilled for ten days and I thought that it would have been hoovered up by now.

The wind was good, but from the East, there were pigeons drifting around and without thinking the matter through correctly I headed off with minimal kit and not too many cartridges. I was set up just before 1:00pm and by 3:05pm I ran out of cartridges. I had shot at every type of bird that one could imagine, high driven, long crossers, birds from behind but not many decoyed birds at all. If I dreamed of a day shooting pigeons it would be exactly like today.

I picked 52 pigeons and had to leave some close to a busy road. A pigeon is not worth a Jasper no matter what the morals of leaving unfound birds are.

There is a Stock dove in the picture which Bounder found in the hedge badly wounded, unshot by me I may add. It was not at all well by the time he returned to the hide with it.

DSC06155.jpg

Edited by JDog

it is a school boy error for a man of your experience, :yes: but still a good bag :good:

no drillings gone in around our farms well there wasn't last weekend and still not seen any last 3 days going to and from work on non permissions either

Edited by yickdaz

Great day but you do start to get forgetful with age , can I make a suggestion that you a carry spare cartridges in the car . Then you can only forget to bring them from the car. Presentation is rubbish but who took the picture ??????? The butler?????

Or camera on fence/tripod with delay timer or remote control.

Enjoyed reading. Oh for the day when I run out of cartridges. :)

Did you travel so light that you went without the trademark hat? :whistling:

Next we'll have PC without his trademark moustache! :rolleyes:

Only if you can raise a £1000 for a charity? ??????

Now that could become the PIGEON WATCH WINTER PROJECT!

Well done PC, it shows you have the spirit to help others. :good::lol:

Now that could become the PIGEON WATCH WINTER PROJECT!

Well done PC, it shows you have the spirit to help others. :good::lol:

He would soon have it back on. His wife tells me that he has a good selection in his bedside drawers.