The General Election 2015 The Pigeon Watch vote/poll

Boromir

Pigeon Watch General Election poll 2015  

302 members have voted

1. 1. What Political party will you be voting for?

• Conservative Party
    • Labour Party
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Scottish National Party
    • UK independence party(UKIP)
    • Green Party(E,W,S&NI)
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Democratic Unionist Party
    • Sinn Féin
    • Social Democratic and Labour Party
    • Ulster Unionist Party
    • Alliance Party of Northern Ireland
    • Independent
    • Undecided

If the cons are hitting so hard kW it might be worth asking who feels worse off under this government. Personally tax wise my personal allowance has gone up, the threshold for higher rate has gone up. My mortgage has stayed relatively cheap, fuel costs are down etc etc someone asked the question in our office the other day and most felt the same.

But you have to be slightly un blinkered and not blame everything on Europe and immigration.....

At the moment the uk is doing better than pretty much every other economy and that sure wouldn't be the case had labour stayed in and as for ukip being in charge that is simply laughable

Did you forget the big price tag the UK got for doing so well back in November? whats actually happened to that. No matter how well the UK is someone else takes it.

Now I would vote Conservatives in most cases but why dont they offer a Vote on EU? You will say they have but they said it before a cast iron one this time I wont be taken for a fool, you know the saying 'fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me'

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you forget the big price tag the UK got for doing so well back in November? whats actually happened to that. No matter how well the UK is someone else takes it.

Now I would vote Conservatives in most cases but why dont they offer a Vote on EU? You will say they have but they said it before a cast iron one this time I wont be taken for a fool, you know the saying 'fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me'

There is an act that is on its second reading that largely forces them into a referendum if they win a majority. If there is no majority then that depends on cross party support.

Easy to answer, the Left is generally opposed to field sport, the members of this forum are field sports enthusiasts, ergo, they vote for who is most likely to protect their interests.

Genuine question: why do people think it is that the opinion on this forum seems to be so different from not just the country as a whole but also the countryside as a whole: UKIP and Tories on more than 40% each, with Labour on less than 4% is wildly unrepresentative.

Crudely characterised, it would suggest that this forum is more overwhelmingly right wing than any other imaginable cohort of British society.

I've always thought that characterising shooters as right wing was a gross oversimplification perpetrated by people who didn't actually know many shooters.

Whereas if this poll is to be believed (and it's already a fair sample), it would actually seem to be true.

Why, when we have members from all over the place, including Northern Ireland and the Republic, would it be a surprise that some people support Sinn Fein?

Agree with the above.

I am however surprised that Natalie Bennett is a member on here. :lol:

all right Im an undecided mostly because i dont trust any of them, Interestingly half the votes are for UKIP, it seems to be the consensus that UKIP will not win the election, so are half the people on here that have voted, voting for UKIP as a protest vote or simply because they prefer their manifesto, unless im dissuaded I will be voting UKIP I expect !

I'm voting UKIP because they are the only party I feel any affinity with. They wont get in but I couldn't vote for a party I don't want on the premise it will keep out a party I want even less.

However, if, as a result of voting that way means the party I would least like to get in, does in fact get in, then so be it.

The thought of telling someone I wanted to vote UKIP but voted Tory to keep labour out just sticks in my craw. To vote Tory would leave me feeling I had condoned our continued membership of the EU.

How on earth are the conservatives going to realise that people have voted for them as the better of two evils if those people don't in fact vote for another party?

Not many labour voters will vote UKIP in my opinion, so the only party which will lose votes to UKIP has to be, in theory, the tories. If Labour don't gain many votes but beat the cons because they (the cons) have lost votes to UKIP, it will then become evident. The country will turn to **** again and then the cons will be forced to take on board more UKIP policies to regain power next time. That's all they had to do this time.

It's all fun and games.

y

Will you really be better off under milliband? I thought you worked for a living and were one that he would target hard to find the workshy.....

As that's what your vote is helping happen

Never said I wanted millipede I will never ever again vote labour the lot of them should have their heads on a pike at traitors gate,, point I am making is that plum gob has hit the middle earners hard, he promised to sort immigration, never happened, he promised the NHS was safe and it would be a true 7 day a week service, NHS is now on its knees and he has just had the temerity to promise true 7 day a week NHS again! he said defence was a priority (did not realise he meant its dismantling) he spouted from the hill sides what a good deal we got from europe after they spanked him and took money off us for being prudent,he got my vote last time but he has been found to be a clueless jellyfish back-boned chancer, nope nige for me this time and begger the consequence,

KW

Edited by kdubya

I'm voting UKIP because they are the only party I feel any affinity with. They wont get in but I couldn't vote for a party I don't want on the premise it will keep out a party I want even less.

However, if, as a result of voting that way means the party I would least like to get in, does in fact get in, then so be it.

The thought of telling someone I wanted to vote UKIP but voted Tory to keep labour out just sticks in my craw. To vote Tory would leave me feeling I had condoned our continued membership of the EU.

How on earth are the conservatives going to realise that people have voted for them as the better of two evils if those people don't in fact vote for another party?

Not many labour voters will vote UKIP in my opinion, so the only party which will lose votes to UKIP has to be, in theory, the tories. If Labour don't gain many votes but beat the cons because they (the cons) have lost votes to UKIP, it will then become evident. The country will turn to **** again and then the cons will be forced to take on board more UKIP policies to regain power next time. That's all they had to do this time.

It's all fun and games.

I actually feel similarly, albeit i'm not a kipper. If I want to try and keep Labour out, which I really do, then I would have to vote SNP in the hope of unseating of my Labour MP.

I have thought about it, but my conscience will simply not let me vote for them. I am passionately opposed to so much of what they stand for that I just could not put an X in that box. The very least I can do is try and help to get the Tory party their deposit back and really antagonise the lefties that a dirty filthy Tory rat lives in their midst :)

It is only an election, nobody is going to die and the world will keep turning. It would be galling to see Miliband in number 10, but if the country is daft enough to vote for him then it deserves what it gets.

It's all fun and games.

dont know where you get not many labour voters will vote UKIP from, where I work I reckon 90% will vote UKIP and I live and work in staunch labour stronghold, think there may be a shock in store for some.

KW

Iam voting for change which is why iam voting ukip. If that means the reds get in so be it, will only be for 5 yrs then things may get better from then. The blues have done a ok job but they are still to soft.

That is the most bizarre thing I have read in a long time. What you don't seem to get is that Libour will implement a scorched earth policy that will tie us into Europe for ever. No get out ever, ever, ever.

They tried it last time with mass immigration and that nearly worked. This time they will go the whole hog and completely bankrupt us and force us to go cap in hand to the EU. Just like Greece.

It's the only option they have as their policy's are so flawed. You think things are bad (they aren't) but you ain't seen nothing yet.

I've said it before. The British public get the Government they deserve

dont know where you get not many labour voters will vote UKIP from, where I work I reckon 90% will vote UKIP and I live and work in staunch labour stronghold, think there may be a shock in store for some.

KW

Are you that powerful at canvassing? I hope that Nige recognises your contributions :)

My gut feeling is that the bulk of the kippers vote will be from Tories, but a jump from New Labour to UKIP is not so big.

Edited by grrclark

KW

have to agree, British voters like a change which in my opinion is how Thatcher got in the first time,

That is the most bizarre thing I have read in a long time. What you don't seem to get is that Libour will implement a scorched earth policy that will tie us into Europe for ever. No get out ever, ever, ever.

They tried it last time with mass immigration and that nearly worked. This time they will go the whole hog and completely bankrupt us and force us to go cap in hand to the EU. Just like Greece.

It's the only option they have as their policy's are so flawed. You think things are bad (they aren't) but you ain't seen nothing yet.

I've said it before. The British public get the Government they deserve

So we are stuck with Tory for ever. Weren't we going to get a vote with tory on Europe, oh yeah more lies. Nothing much between blue and red really which is why iam voting for change.

KW

From the same place you got your '90% will vote UKIP' probably.

Our current EU membership terms must change. Neither social justice or the economy will improve without top down reorganisation.

Personally I'd like to see a government that comprehensively provides sufficient funding to public services, the welfare state and the education system, while promoting a strong but accountable free market, respectively removing and lowering taxation for lower and middle income earners, one that enforces a pragmatic immigration policy, and one that restructures the legal system.

I don't think we are ever going to get a government that will do this, however. I posted a comment on another thread along the lines that governments since Clement Atlee's have managed our decline rather than actively improved things.

One thing's for certain, I won't be voting Labour with their record on rural affairs.

• 3 weeks later...