B&Q

wymberley

Well, that's a blow. If I want it and they stock it I usually head in the direction of B&Q to get it - particularly for decorating materials. Ours is one of the smaller branches and it seems, one of those designated for closure - December in our case. 20 mile flog now for a tin of paint and a roller unless the odd estate agent, cafe or charity shop opens up a hardware dep't.

Well, that's a blow. If I want it and they stock it I usually head in the direction of B&Q to get it - particularly for decorating materials. Ours is one of the smaller branches and it seems, one of those designated for closure - December in our case. 20 mile flog now for a tin of paint and a roller unless the odd estate agent, cafe or charity shop opens up a hardware dep't.

Check out Toolstation and Screwfix, probably not up to B&Q for decorating materials, but a match or better for hardware etc!

Time to get out the ole yellow pages and search for those suppliers that have been evicted from the hight street and forefront to units in industrial estates for all your goodies, more of a pain finding them but better service and you know you are supporting a local independant company.

Or you could take advantage of the gap in the market and open up a decorators/hardware shop yourself!! Just a thought.

Jim

Time to get out the ole yellow pages and search for those suppliers that have been evicted from the hight street and forefront to units in industrial estates for all your goodies, more of a pain finding them but better service and you know you are supporting a local independant company.

Wish I could but they've all gone completely. Now a computer shop, mobile phone shop - still that's progress - a charity shop.....and oh, yep,....a lap dancing club.

No thanks, Jim, I'd rather spend what energy I have left shootin' 'n' fishin'.

B&Q certainly know how the charge , My daughters boyfriend recently brought some silicon from there , it was on "special offer " at £4.99 a tube .

I brought the exact same make from our local PBS for £1.50 and it was not on offer !

if you have a B N M then you have B n Q,S wallpaper same make same size rolls but 20 to 30 quid a roll cheaper.also Screwfix are owned by B N Q and are using the excuse screwfix may take on the unemployed workers.compare the prices and theyre cutting their nose to spit their face.screwfix is cheaper than b n q .go figure

if you have a B N M then you have B n Q,S wallpaper same make same size rolls but 20 to 30 quid a roll cheaper.also Screwfix are owned by B N Q and are using the excuse screwfix may take on the unemployed workers.compare the prices and theyre cutting their nose to spit their face.screwfix is cheaper than b n q .go figure

It is easy to go figure, B&Q don't own Screwfix.

Kignfisher own them both separately (as well as other companies), and run them under their group umbrella, so they are interested in the overall operation/profits, not about specific stores.

B&M are a separate operation as as far as I'm aware and have nothing to do with Kingfisher.

:good:

Edited by Dekers

b n m are separate i was just showing their products are available much cheaper elsewhere and its still kingfisher,s board screwing over their own workers.they made mahoosive profits out of them last year and want to reward them with the boot at 60 stores.having said the b n q people can apply for the jobs when they open more screwfix,s which was my point.its a minor issue saying they are separate when kingfisher own both and could easily transfer staff as the plan seems to be to close as b n q and reopen as screwfix .or is it because b n q have a lot of semi retired working in the stores and this is a quick fix to get rid of them and employ younger people? :hmm:

I have a trade account with them,i dont tend to buy to much from them,called in the other day to save going out of my way to pick up some decorating gear,i spent twenty seven pounds on materials,asked the guy can you put it in a bag,yes mate that will be five pence,its not the five pence its the fact that you spend money and they cant give you a bag to carry your purchases in,sez it all.

If there is no other local/cheaper option then sign up to Tradepoint. It's just B&Q but pretending it's for the trade. Bizarrely they are based in the same stores, sell the same stock (you can pay for any items from the B&Q shop floor at the Tradepoint tills) but charge different prices! Even stranger, 25% of the time they seem to charge more not less....but I digress....

Most importantly for you, orders over £50 they will deliver next day for free.

If there is no other local/cheaper option then sign up to Tradepoint. It's just B&Q but pretending it's for the trade. Bizarrely they are based in the same stores, sell the same stock (you can pay for any items from the B&Q shop floor at the Tradepoint tills) but charge different prices! Even stranger, 25% of the time they seem to charge more not less....but I digress....

Most importantly for you, orders over £50 they will deliver next day for free.

Toolstation.......Whilst there is without doubt a difference in stock, there is also a lot of overlap, FREE next day delivery on orders over £10.