Deputy mayor of Calais say's its down to us?

kdubya

I think if they are genuine asylum seekers looking for refuge then the EU should do something to help them and all countries should take there fair share. However a lot of the people seeking asylum have been caused by the acts of the British and American government removing "Evil" Dictators and paving the way for these barbaric belief led regimes which are a lot more dangerous than the dictatorships every where due to their driving force and rationale. America should also take their fair share of people fleeing these regimes.

The issue of Asylum Seekers and mass european immigration have been made into one by the newspaper and political parties to suit their agendas, IMO making the Asylum seeker issue look a lot worse than it actually is. I agree the benefit system could be seen as the draw but I believe it is more the chance of a job is higher in the UK, eg Italy and Spain have huge unemployment levels, also english is spoken by a lot of countries as a second language.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KW ,surely youre not saying its our fault ?

You contradict yourself by saying WE removed their harsh regimes,now they have a cruel and murderous existance !

For starters 99% of these people are ECONOMIC migrants ,they are here because they believe they will be richer for it.

I can understand syrians and libyans coming here from their civil wars,but WE didnt start those wars ,they did.

Most of the people coming from libya have trekked across Africa from mostly stable countries.

And mad diverse cultural experiment ?

Thats been forced upon us by bonkers lefty governments looking for votes.

Reap what you sow ? Indeed,but not in the way you think.

We didn't start it? and they are coming from Libya , er who supported and funded the push ( air strikes and no fly zones etc) to see the Libyan regime taken out and the capture and murder (very civilsed) on TV of Gaddafi and who opened the country up to traffickers and thugs?

We deliberately set about for "regime change" and we supplied weapons to the ah hem opposition who are now far worse than the regime replaced,immigrants in Calais interviewed on the BBC where from Afghanistan and Iran ,so who de-stabilised that then? the tooth fairy! yep sorry it is down to us we gave a false promise and we set about on an action that we had never had and still dont have a planned conclusion of.

KW

Edited by kdubya

We didn't start it? Arab spring ? and they are coming from libya , Most of them are not coming from Libya ,they are coming from Nigeria ,Ghana ,Zimbabwe and other reasonably stable regimes.er who supported and funded the push ( air strikes and no fly zones etc) to see the libyan regime taken out and the capture and murder (very civilsed) on TV of gadaffi and who opened the country up to traffickers, and thugs, we deliberately set about for "regime change" We ,as in the UK ? Im sure there were lots of other countries involved,plus, wasnt it because Gaddafi hired central african mercs to torture and murder his own people,air strikes into residential areas ,gunships ? and we supplied weapons to the ah hem opposition who are now far worse than the regime replaced It wasnt like that at first,they were holding elections ect ,they lost control.,immigrants in Calais interviewed on the BBC where from Afghanistan ,so who de-stabilised that then? Was it stable in the first place ? Run by hardline islamic warlords,whose main business was heroin? the tooth fairy! yep sorry it is down to us we gave a false promise and we set about on an action that we had never had and still dont have a planned conclusion of.

KW

We shall have to agree to disagree on this one obviously.

But when you say WE are to blame,that gets my goat somewhat,I never voted for uncontrolled immigration,I never voted to join an EU superstate.

I was never asked if we should go to war in Iraq or Afghan or support Libyan rebels with weapons.

Were you ?

So how is it our fault?

Apparently, at the moment the biggest percentage are coming from Eritrea and Sudan but it varies obviously. I think it is pretty clear that most are economic migrants but the word asylum gets bandied about too much in these debates.

Just because somebody comes from a rubbish country with a corrupt government and no economy does not qualify them for asylum. If that was the case half the world would be coming.

FWIW, MPO, their crock of gold is our crock of *****?

Why do a succession of our idiot politicos keep supporting the system of giving benefits to anyone who has not contributed anything?

It's just not sustainable?

Why have a succession of our idiot polios assumed on our behalf that we are the conscience of the world and somehow responsible for it's malaise?

Blair and Bush should have been summoned to to answer for their contribution to this?

Why do a succession of our idiot politicos keep shoveling Aid into areas where corruption is known world wide, It just ends up filling the bank accounts of their dictators?

And we are told of more Austerity to come while they look forward to a hefty pay rise?

My humble submission is they they have not been and are not fit for purpose, common sense being in very short supply?

The rat living in our outside toilet seems to exhibit more common sense?

At least he keeps control of his borders and has enough sense to store something away for a rainy day?

My earlier comment re. the French was more aimed at the Guderian-era advances/Dunkerque, etc. Not as old as some on here so Verdun was not on my mind at the time. ;)

Quite versed in WW1 history though; one of the hazards of doing a 3 year BA Honors degree in War Studies!

While the Dunkerque debacle had many negative aspects, at least one positive was Major Jack Churchill's last confirmed longbow kill by a British soldier.

On that point & given that 2015 is a good year for commemorative events, how about starting an Agincourt type theme park? Fence off the neutral zone (actually British soil) around Calais.

Maybe a few cloth yard shaft volleys from 200+ yards would finally provide the much needed incentive to stay at home: or put their feet up in the first "safe" country they land in after emigrating, instead of coming to the UK, looking for "the free bank" (as an asylum seeker asked me in Sunderland one day)?

Edited by saddler

I'd get the Army lads to work on the borders checking all the lorry's , boats etc etc etc. Once none of them are getting in they'd stop trying.

Surely some are getting in and the other see people go off to try n don't come back that day so keep trying thinking they'll also get lucky.

If you've only got 5 seats in your car you can't fit 10 of your mates in. No matter how many of em need a lift. A very simple analogy but rings a bit true for me lol.

Just because somebody comes from a rubbish country with a corrupt government and no economy does not qualify them for asylum. If that was the case half the world would be coming.

And we would all be looking for another country to go to LOL

Maybe the answer is vote UKIP ? oops. Or we could just describe them as vermin,scum or the like . I'm sure that once they are asked where they are from they will be honest and give the gps coordinates so "sending them back" will be really simple.

For starters 99% of these people are ECONOMIC migrants ,they are here because they believe they will be richer for it.

I would love to see where you get your sources. As a side note, the sun and the daily mail are not legitimate scientific bodies, you know...

It's payback time from the commonwealth.

European countries raped their countries and now they want some money and a better life. I really don't blame them.

I am torn between helping them as a fellow human being and watching the country break its back as our police, emergency services, healthcare and benefits systems die.

European countries raped their countries and now they want some money and a better life. I really don't blame them.

I am torn between helping them as a fellow human being and watching the country break its back as our police, emergency services, healthcare and benefits systems die.

This........... but lets not forget we did a fair bit of giving too in terms of infrastructure etc. Its now time to stop being so apologetic for our history.

There is a lot of truth in what you said. Indeed, Europeans and their colonial past have a lot to answer for the state of many failed states in Africa Asia and beyond...

Have a read of the countries that are in the commonwealth, I think you will be suprised at how well off some of them are,as someone else mentioned we did provide countries with the infrastructure to become a progressive society.

Most of these people trying to get into the country appear to be economic migrants,can you blame them when they see that the benefit paid to them each month is more than they earn in a year in their country,the trouble is no one told them about our cost of living.

The simple solution is to limit benefits to people who have paid into the system,but as usual our jellyfish polical elite ( lol) cannot make decisive decision without checking their poll rating,and which way the wind is blowing.Show people that there is nothing to be gained by coming to this country and they will look elsewhere.

Edited by welsh1

You just described Scotland!

They're all drunk economic migrants.

I see you moved from Essex (and they say travel broadens the mind ;) ) yes scotland does have a corrupt government, its based in london and the only thing rubbish about it, is that its way to close to people like you,

I would love to see where you get your sources. As a side note, the sun and the daily mail are not legitimate scientific bodies, you know...

Where are yours to prove me wrong.

I dont read papers anyway,so your little dig can do one.

And left education systems in place, decent infrastructures and government. We didn't get it all right but were no worse than Spain, Portugal or Germany to name but 3 of the other countries. The inter-tribal racism in SA and the India vs Pakistan issue shows what has happened since we left.

Mugabe has wrecked the breadbasket of Africa....

Have a read of the countries that are in the commonwealth, I think you will be suprised at how well off some of them are,as someone else mentioned we did provide countries with the infrastructure to become a progressive society.

Most of these people trying to get into the country appear to be economic migrants,can you blame them when they see that the benefit paid to them each month is more than they earn in a year in their country,the trouble is no one told them about our cost of living.

The simple solution is to limit benefits to people who have paid into the system,but as usual our jellyfish polical elite ( lol) cannot make decisive decision without checking their poll rating,and which way the wind is blowing.Show people that there is nothing to be gained by coming to this country and they will look elsewhere.

Well put Rob, it's what most of the other EU countries do which is why everyone comes here to a "needs" based system.

Personally, feel that it would be more honest if the politicos were to act on the wishes of the people as they were elected to do?

Not pursue their own personal private agendas at our expense?

They have made us into the laughing stock of the world?

Er actually no its not payback time for the commonwealth, the commonwealth is a fairly modern term and those in it tend to apply and join, so I assume you refer to the Empire were we ruled either directly or indirectly and developed encouraged and created stability, wealth, safe communities and an infrastructure that worked for those countries, still with progression and the clamor for independence (listening are you wee eck) we dropped the empire bit, no more flag waving once a year in the school playground, and we let the associated countries go and develop their own states and culture, and gain full independence, from our shelter, yes things have moved on dramatically since then for a hell of a lot of them, BACKWARDS that is,so have we a lot to say sorry for then!

KW

Where are yours to prove me wrong.

I dont read papers anyway,so your little dig can do one.

I made no claims. You said with some certainty that 90% of these people are economic migrants. Pulling numbers out of thin air and then making claims based on these figments of your imagination is laughable.

Er actually no its not payback time for the commonwealth, the commonwealth is a fairly modern term and those in it tend to apply and join, so I assume you refer to the Empire were we ruled either directly or indirectly and developed encouraged and created stability, wealth, safe communities and an infrastructure that worked for those countries, still with progression and the clamor for independence (listening are you wee eck) we dropped the empire bit, no more flag waving once a year in the school playground, and we let the associated countries go and develop their own states and culture, and gain full independence, from our shelter, yes things have moved on dramatically since then for a hell of a lot of them, BACKWARDS that is,so have we a lot to say sorry for then!

KW

what a load of tosh, we raped and pillaged our way round the world we should hang our heads in shame at some of the things we did, ethnic cleansing, murder, slavery, looting the material wealth of nations, shocking