Amendment of the Hunting Act - merged threads

tomov

bit of a stupid comment

Pah. The English have had a bellyful of Scotch whinging.

"We want independence!"

"Oh, no we don't. We lost the vote, so we'll just sulk and moan!"

"By the way. give us more money!"

And the worst of it is that the English have to pretend to give a stuff about Scotland.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was supposed to be a Free vote! The only ones that appear to have played with a straight bat are the Tories! Both Labour and the SNP (and others?) have conspired to win the vote (defeat the Tories) by any means, fair or unfair, and to that end have employed an "end justifies the means" left wing tactic yet again.....make no mistake this was not an animal welfare issue but a political one! Designed to damage the democratically elected government of the UK.

By using the party whips opposition MP's have been instructed to vote as the their party decrees, not freely as individuals! Cameron was right to put a vote on hold, like it or not the Tories have a mandate to govern the UK, why should democracy be urinated on by the unscrupulous conspiratorial actions of disaffected losers?

Which bit of "I don't care" is unclear?

The trains run both ways, you know...

As this is the first time you have put "I don`t care " on this topic ,I don`t see where you are coming from, maybe you should go away and get an education then come back and try to converse with me ,

As this is the first time you have put "I don`t care " on this topic ,I don`t see where you are coming from, maybe you should go away and get an education then come back and try to converse with me ,

Says the man playing the race card from the off.

Again, for the avoidance of doubt, I am entirely uninterested in the views of the Scotch, whether it is about English hunting, English taxes or living in England.

"Reap as you sow", springs to mind.

I can't believe that something as unimportant as fox hunting is debated so early after an election. Why is something than means so little to the general population being discussed before the more important issues that face us everyday. Fox hunting is a minority activity, would it have been up for debate now if any other party had got in. I think not. It has very little to do with class hatred actually, more to my belief

.!@

Unimportant you say! Well the Labour government obviously thought it was a vitally important national issue because they spent 700 hours of valuable parliamentary time in 2004 banning fox hunting...........even then they used the archaic parliament act to force it

through!............that's how important animal welfare was to the labour government, and of course it was nothing to do with anything as sordid as donated money from the (for lack of a more descriptive term!) animal protectionist organisations or as infantile as class hatred!...........if you believe that you probably read the Sun or the Mirror and will believe anything!!!

I do not fox hunt but I support individual freedoms, even if it is only a minority that take part in fox hunting why should this minority stop because others say so? how does it affect them (or you) personally? What qualifies them (you) to make judgment on the conduct and beliefs of others?

Says the man playing the race card from the off.

Again, for the avoidance of doubt, I am entirely uninterested in the views of the Scotch, whether it is about English hunting, English taxes or living in England.

"Reap as you sow", springs to mind.

there you go again ,,, tut tut

I can't believe that something as unimportant as fox hunting is debated so early after an election. Why is something than means so little to the general population being discussed before the more important issues that face us everyday. Fox hunting is a minority activity, would it have been up for debate now if any other party had got in. I think not. It has very little to do with class hatred actually, more to my belief

.!@

So you'd prefer to debate a more worthy meaningful subject and risk the snp putting the boot in?

By trying to debate a lesser issue Cameron has highlighted a major floor in what the snp said they would and would not get involved in, quite rightly so

Unimportant you say! Well the Labour government obviously thought it was a vitally important national issue because they spent 700 hours of valuable parliamentary time in 2004 banning fox hunting...........even then they used the archaic parliament act to force it

through!............that's how important animal welfare was to the labour government, and of course it was nothing to do with anything as sordid as donated money from the (for lack of a more descriptive term!) animal protectionist organisations or as infantile as class hatred!...........if you believe that you probably read the Sun or the Mirror and will believe anything!!!

I do not fox hunt but I support individual freedoms, even if it is only a minority that take part in fox hunting why should this minority stop because others say so? how does it affect them (or you) personally? What qualifies them (you) to make judgment on the conduct and beliefs of others?

So very well put

Where is Wee Jimmy Krankie Sturgeon on halal slaughter methods? Nowhere to be seen. Fox hunting seems dear to her heart, but only because she wants to be awkward.

If the suggested vote was a way of flushing out the SNP, it succeeded. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. :whistling::whistling: :whistling:

I actually agree that scot's mp's shouldnae vote on this bill and many others BUT it all gets very complicated (really to be truely fair the english need an other parliment as well as westminster, otherwise u create a 2 tier system in westminster, just means more pigs/parasites in the trough thou) it also means u willl never ever have a scottish, welsh or irish PM or leader of party/oppisation or even on the cabinet. Cos in reality if all things devolved where reguarded as english there really would be very little for them to vote on. Also how does it work with welsh/irish MP's as i believe all the asemblies have different powers? At the recent GE it really isnae relevant who wins the GE as so much is devolvd nowadays for day to day life

I have never agreed with devoloution but if some of the comments on here were aimed at any other race/religion i'm pretty sure folk wpould be breaking some laws.

Up until this parliment u were actually better of with SNP mp's as they would not vote on these things, but wot about the 40 or 50 scottish labour mp's that would have voted the original abn throu under labour party orders and all the other things they hve helped to vote throu since devolution has happened

like or loathe the SNP and there 2 main players but there actually very clever politicains (i disagree almost everything they stand for) but they are very clever which makes them dangerous, Cameron is probably the only politicain on the same level as them and he seems to be outplaying them at moment

Edited by scotslad

SNP aside foxhunting with dogs should remain banned. Typical that a bunch of toffee nosed toffs should be discussing this issue so early following an election win. Shows their priorities

Tell me dear boy, have you ever been to or followed a hunt?

I am neither tory or labour. I have little time for animal welfare brigade, do not read either of the publications that you mentioned. I support and respect the beliefs of others. But is it acceptable in today's society to allow this method of animal destruction to occur. We should respect our quarry by ensuring their death is fast and as painfree as possible. I'm sure that an animal being torn to pieces might just feel a little pain.

But is it acceptable in today's society to allow this method of animal destruction to occur. We should respect our quarry by ensuring their death is fast and as painfree as possible. I'm sure that an animal being torn to pieces might just feel a little pain.

Halal slaughter?

Tell me dear boy, have you ever been to or followed a hunt?

I've witnessed some from afar. I've been in the middle of a pack of hounds and horses that charged across a game of rugby we playing a few years ago that turned into a mini battle

Halal slaughter?

Should be banned. We have to kill but it should be properly

3 I am neither tory or labour. I have little time for animal welfare brigade, do not read either of the publications that you mentioned. I support and respect the beliefs of others. But is it acceptable in today's society to allow this method of animal destruction to occur. We should respect our quarry by ensuring their death is fast and as painfree as possible. I'm sure that an animal being torn to pieces might just feel a little pain.

As the amendments were not to abolish the hunting with dogs act but to bring it in line with the Scottish act your argument doesn't stand up

I attended the last Waterloo Cup - hare coursing. The antis were out in force, generally making fools of themselves. The week after, the farmers killed off over 1000 hares - from memory. They no longer had a use. Great victory for the antis, but not sure the hares agreed.

I am not in favour of fox hunting, but at least the fox and the hare had a chance. Halal slaughter - no chance.

As the amendments were not to abolish the hunting with dogs act but to bring it in line with the Scottish act your argument doesn't stand up

Sorry bluesj, these's are only my beliefs. Im not referring to any acts just offering personal opinions

"We want independence!"

And the worst of it is that the English have to pretend to give a stuff about Scotland.

You are mixing up "Scots" with the SNP. Lots of us north of the Border want no truck with the current far left politics and policies of the SNP.

Blackpowder

"We want independence!"

:no: Why do you seem to think everyone is Scotland want what the SNP want, the referendum proved otherwise. Then as every idiot who voted for independence then voted for SNP and the stupidity of first past the post we have been left with an un-representative amount of SNP politicians. Most people I know would be glad to see the back of them all.

Edited by stumpy69

I am neither tory or labour. I have little time for animal welfare brigade, do not read either of the publications that you mentioned. I support and respect the beliefs of others. But is it acceptable in today's society to allow this method of animal destruction to occur. We should respect our quarry by ensuring their death is fast and as painfree as possible. I'm sure that an animal being torn to pieces might just feel a little pain.

Method of destruction? Argue that angle as much as you like but who can say with authority which is the quickest, most painless and stress free method to kill anything? No one! What human can feel what a animal feels? None! ....you just think you know!

The protectionists in their considered wisdom, managed to get a ban on shooting wild geese in a Scandinavian country (can't remember which) now the geese are herded up into the back of vehicles or containers at the time when they are in moult and can't fly and gassed by the hundreds, the Nazis did similar in the concentration camps but do you hear the protectionists complaining? Are you going to start a campaign to get this repulsive practice banned? No? I thought not!.....They don't really give a stuff about the geese or how they are controlled (killed) they just wanted, regardless of cost or suffering, to stop something other people do and have no issues of conscience with.......because they don't like other people doing or enjoying it!............Killjoys to a man/woman!

This is the real driving force behind the anti's and protectionists psyche, they feel inadequate so want to impose their will on others, and make other do what they say! they bankroll the political parties and individual MP's in the form of donations in exchange for them persuing their anti agenda in the corridors of power.........

The whole thing is a sham and a travesty of the truth it is partly about class hatred but also about some misguided organisations led by inadequate killjoys trying to impose their will on others and buying politicians and political parties to do so! And the politicians willingly prostituting themselves in exchange for cheap populist votes and financial support.......no change there either then?

What do you think is the quickest death from my example? Being shot whilst living free as a wild creature or the slow death by gassing? Best ask the geese eh?