BASC worth it?

Who has it and who doesn't bother?

What do you get for your subscription that makes it worth while?

I mostly do walk round shooting and considering a BASC subscription, at under 8 quid a month it doesn't seem a lot.

Whats the gun insurance all about, theres plenty of things on their website but not a lot of detail.

Depends what you want from it, what you expect it to do and what it can actually do. I used to be a member, now I'm fully insured by another at less than 4 quid a month.

My guns are all insured as individual items alongside my household contents insurance via the NFU.

I joined because of the insurance but also because they provide support and advice for shooters.

I've had no need to claim on the insurance and when I did try to get support and advice from them, when they eventually came back to me I thought the response was pretty average at best, so I've never bothered renewing since.

Just my personal experience , I've been a member of basc for a while.

Up until a few months ago I've never had to contact or use them and rated the organization overhaul.

Until I had a firearms issue what I needed help with .

I phone again and again to talk to a firearms advisor/expert to be at lunch , left early , off sick , they'll ring back which they didn't , I must of spent nearly two hours in total trying to speak to the right person ..

Hopefully it was a one off and if I need there help again, the experience will be different

I run a club (37 members) we were with CA but having checked the insurance cover found BASC to be very much better so we agreed to change over.

Also BASC works hard in support of our sport ensuring our interests are properly represented. Without them we would know so little about what may be coming over the horizon. Advice on a number of topics has been excellent from knowledgeable and pleasant staff. Well worth the money for this work alone and the insurance and mag are then just a bonus.

Initially had doubts .. but decided to join BASC ... lve been pleased with them. I will be renewing my membership when my current subscription runs out.

Look forward to my magazine arriving .. though l'd like a members suggestions features " probably there is one and l've not noticed.

We now have our old friend John Swift, Trying to BAN Lead,..

5 On the panel have resigned over it, Bloody turn coat, Next You will have BASC omitting the "S" So they can keep their cushey jobs... its all going down the Toilet, and remember if you are not 99% of winning any case. THEY WILL NOT TAKE IT:::

Told Mr Swift That 2 years ago.. Probably why he left..????.

I think they're an outstanding organisation. Insurance, training, advice, representation, whenever I've dealt with them they've been excellent. High quality people, in my experience. The Arran scheme alone more than repays the total cost of membership. Even the magazine is good, and how often can you say that about those kind of products?

Many thanks for all the replies, didn't know you got a magazine as well, is this every month or is it more of a leaflet.

Does their insurance cover all gun of all ages, accidental damage etc or is it just for accidents/injuries ?

Edited by born_2_kill