Don't forget...Countryfile BBC1 7pm tonight

Scully

For those interested...' Joe Crowley and Anita Rani report form the Country Land and Business Association's annual game fair at Harewood House, and try clay-pigeon shooting'...

If you see someone in the background with a bald head and goatee trying to shove a shotgun down his trousers while his mate kept watch, it wasn't us. :)

For those interested...' Joe Crowley and Anita Rani report form the Country Land and Business Association's annual game fair at Harewood House, and try clay-pigeon shooting'...

If you see someone in the background with a bald head and goatee trying to shove a shotgun down his trousers while his mate kept watch, it wasn't us. :)

Did she say "Are you pleased to see me or is that a trap gun with Teague extended chokes in your moleskin breeks?"

doing their damdest shooting is wrong ,shooting is bad ,Scotland is right to break up the sporting estates.Harewood is a nice house.All the woman can do is keep digging against shooting,despite been shown conservation successes the usual countryfile tosh.

Edited by clakk

Bit disappointed so far with the coverage of the game fair barely touched on it could have watched it on bbc iplayer and skipped most of the other **** . Why have they left it till the end of the programme to see some serious viewing when they could have devoted the whole programme to the CLA

FF shooting, its not all about tweed.... If they wanted to make the clay shooting sport look like range rover sport driving wags sport they did that well...

Shooting WAGS I suppose it had happen.

If you are on about the Femme Fatales then I think you are doing them a great disservice,

They are not Wags, they are serious clay and game shooters,

Shame you have to resort to cheap jibes like that,

Any publicity for shooting on the telly must be good.......

What have the pair of you done for the shooting good? :no:

:shaun:

And there is a ******* E in HarEwood.

But not when Lord Harwood is spelling it, yes harewood is the place,

Shooting WAGS I suppose it had happen.

Have known Ms Carrie since she was a kid, bloody good shot, would you rather watch some hairey a**e bloke??

Considering it was the BBC I thought there was a total lack of 'anti' bias, which made a refreshing change. From some of the posts above I thought we had been watching different programmes. The only criticism I would have is that there wasn't enough time devoted to the game fair.

If you are on about the Femme Fatales then I think you are doing them a great disservice,

👍

Edited by PhilR

I loved the bit about removing the milk in the super****e markets. The young lady fighting the cause on milk pricing was a star.

The old boy Yorkshireman talking about the coat his sheep needed to have was a legend.

Too much rubbish about training the presenters mutt to do a basic pick up. Sod all about the show. Typical BBC. No idea.

But it could have been worse.

At no point was i making a jibe. I shoot three clay grounds and they all havea good ratio of male/female shooters. Sorry if i saw a stereo type with the way they were shown.

Enjoyed the bits about CLA Game fair - they even used the word 'game'! And Anita was excellent in her comments and enthusiasm for shooting. This is about as good as you will get form the BEEB. The 'farmer' had tobe shown I suppose because of her campaign and if a bit of totty gets the message across so beit but the Yorkshire sheep farmer was a bit more representative of real farming. The Harewood estate manager mentioned killing a few ducks - pity he forgot a few thousand pheasants etc etc. We shouldn't hide the truth - why was there 150 gun stands and a few thousand guns for sale - not for pretty girls to dust clays even though it was good to see this on the BBC.

I think the estate manager was referring to that particular piece of ground and the pond when he mentioned the duck.

Not enough about the show IMO, but better than I thought it would be with regards to showing shooting and it's related conservation.

Enjoyed the bits about CLA Game fair - they even used the word 'game'! And Anita was excellent in her comments and enthusiasm for shooting. This is about as good as you will get form the BEEB. The 'farmer' had tobe shown I suppose because of her campaign and if a bit of totty gets the message across so beit but the Yorkshire sheep farmer was a bit more representative of real farming. The Harewood estate manager mentioned killing a few ducks - pity he forgot a few thousand pheasants etc etc. We shouldn't hide the truth - why was there 150 gun stands and a few thousand guns for sale - not for pretty girls to dust clays even though it was good to see this on the BBC.

Edited by Penelope