well done Blair and Bush.

Underdog

They were both voted in by the people , so perhaps all the people that put a X next to their names should share the blame .

Not if they were lied to and voted in good faith, surely.

People voted for Hitler too.

EDIT: actually, when it comes to Bush, they only have themselves to blame ;). Blair promised a brave new world and didn't deliver. The mid-to-late nineties were an optimistic time.

Edited by Thunderbird

As bad as Hussein/Gadhafi et al were, they kept the various factions inside their countries under control albeit brutally. Removing the leaders just gave license for the factions to take up the centuries old grievances and cause this turmoil in the region. However I firmly believe that Bush-Blair didn't go into these areas to dismantle the regimes in place to help the people - it was more about economic stability in the region - i.e. the oil.

Just think about this - Africa is in a far worse state, both humanitarian and political but there is no appetite to depose Mugabe, or take out Boko Harem.

Edited by MrM

They were both voted in by the people , so perhaps all the people that put a X next to their names should share the blame .

Blaming the two of them is perhaps a little unfair.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment,do you really believe it was their decision alone ?

There is a parliament and there is a senate,who must have backed the decision ?

Whilst on the subject of democracy in general,did these two people really decide that war was the best way forward between themselves?

Or was it the will of the real powers that be ? The industrialists ,arms dealers and oligarchs ?

For what its worth ,I liked Blair at first.

He seemed honest,a man of integrity,maybe he was.

The process of leadership may have made him the grasping,self serving snake he became.

Bush on the other hand ,always seemed so slimy,and comes from a long line of snakes.

''this is not the time for sound bites...but I feel the hand of history on my shoulder...''......T Blair summed up by himself....history will crucify him as I suspect Chilcot will when he eventually reports.....

Nah! Chilcot has been neutralised by all the lawyers, thats what all the delays are about. All the criticism will have been edited out