EU Referendum

Romes

EU Exit or Stay  

213 members have voted

1. 1. EU referendum (Brexit) Are you For or Against?

• Exiting the EU (Brexit)
    • Staying in the EU

In light of the news and the opinions expressed regarding politics in general on this site, I was wondering what the percentage of PW Members would vote For or Against in the Referendum.

Is it "patriotic" to fight to stay in the European Union or should we say "enough"?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO.

Have to vote to leave I'm afraid, must say I have no problems with our European neighbours at all, indeed I love to visit their countries and cultures.

We should be able to trade to the benefit of all?

But I am personally not at all happy with the law compliance aspects of membership, we should define our own law to suit our personal circumstances?

Apart from the aspect of undue/unwanted influence I feel it give our home grown Poliicos a get out clause in terms of responsibility?

Out, fast as possible. All this **** about affecting trade is rubbish. Do they really expect us to believe other countries buy off us just because of the free trade agreement ? There's only two reasons they buy from us and not their own country

(A) Only we make it,

or

(B) We're cheaper

Out, fast as possible. All this **** about affecting trade is rubbish. Do they really expect us to believe other countries buy off us just because of the free trade agreement ? There's only two reasons they buy from us and not their own country

(A) Only we make it,

or

(B) We're cheaper

Are you Chinese ?

I'm in two minds so haven't voted - if you could add an undecided box I'd tick it. Large parts of the EU are good for us and good for Europe, but equally I'm not comfortable with the political union and the direction the EU is heading.

A very fair point I believe. I ticked the out box as I am tending towards that more just now, but it is really marginal and I may well change my mind.

If I was at the point of casting an actual vote in the referendum just now I am not sure I would do the same thing.

The implications for a yes vote are far reaching. What's the betting if it is a yes then that will be seen as a resounding endorsement of the EU and it will be full steam ahead for the Euro and integration.

Watch this space....

You're not far wrong there, vote yes (stay in) and goodbye Britain, hello greater Europe.

If it was trade only, as I (we) originally voted for then I'd stay.

But it isn't and we're increasingly ruled by those who tend to ignore the very rules they demand!

Europeans are not Englishmen who speak with funny accents. They're foreigners with totally different agendas and morals (lack of).

When we, or someone else, do vote with our feet, how long before the whole, corrupt, house of cards comes tumbling down?

Out ASAP ... What started as a free trade agreement has morphed this corrupt EU , managed and controlled by the Germans and their bankrupt partners France ..The people of this country have never voted to be whipping boys to this motley crew ..Out ASAP

Edited by moose man

Last year during the Scottish referendum if it was a yes victory,one of the big threats was "you'll get kicked out of the e.u."

Now you want leave and drag us out as you go. ,!,

What should we do ?

I'm voting to leave,that would change things enough for another vote, then we'll see

Interesting point, So are you voting the uk out then (when it comes) voting for a independent Scotland that would look to be a member of the eu?

I'm leaning towards staying in at the moment, I like the idea of trade on a level playing field, it'll be great if it ever happens. not keen on all the other rubbish that comes with it

To my mind when it was a dozen or so western European countries, all of a similar standard of living, then as a free trade community it could work to everybody's benefit.

However when you expand and allow every Tom, **** and Harry join, flooding the market with cheap labour, many whom send a large percentage of there income back home, (not spending it in the country where its earned) then it can only have a negative impact on the population of the UK.

I can understand why all the big business leaders want to stay in (cheap labour). I can understand why the politicians want to stay in (jobs for the boys) and a seat on the gravy train.

But for me the constant cost of the additional level of bureaucracy and the additional tier of politicians far out ways any benefit. The whole system is one massive unnecessary expense.

On that basis I'm out.