10 gauge carts

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

had argument with proof house on prices on Monday they now want for 12 gauge 65 pounds plus vat for testing and you have to pay to get them there wasting good money when I have the same gear

I would see it as an investment,because if can confirm you have proof tested at a proof house it is much more 'comforting' to end users and would surely help you sell?Maybe talk to a couple of wildfowler clubs and see what they want as that is the 10 g market would have thought..........

If you load steel at a good price with good performance chances are it is an area in which you would quickly corner the market I would say.

i'm with fenboy on this ,you would need to get a speed of at least 1550 -1600 fps using large steel shot (10 g is a goose gun after all and I know a lot use them for ducks ). .there's alot of 10 s out there that don't get used because guys carn't get the cartridges they want without paying daft money or they have to load their own ! and the reloading route is also proplematic with powders for steel drying up and then having to work out a new load using substitute powders .

also in this day and age young guys are pushed for time what with work and looking after their famlies they don't have time for reloading or traveling about trying to source cartrides ! so if you could come up with a good cartridge in none toxic at a fair price then i'm sure guys would dust down their Mighty Tens and get them out on the marsh again .

DD .

i'm with fenboy on this ,you would need to get a speed of at least 1550 -1600 fps using large steel shot (10 g is a goose gun after all and I know a lot use them for ducks ). .there's alot of 10 s out there that don't get used because guys carn't get the cartridges they want without paying daft money or they have to load their own ! and the reloading route is also proplematic with powders for steel drying up and then having to work out a new load using substitute powders .

also in this day and age young guys are pushed for time what with work and looking after their famlies they don't have time for reloading or traveling about trying to source cartrides ! so if you could come up with a good cartridge in none toxic at a fair price then i'm sure guys would dust down their Mighty Tens and get them out on the marsh again .

DD .

You do not need to be that fast most of the shop bought ten bore shells are around 1350 if your lucky ,if you get say 45 gram load of 2s and same in 1s and bbb doing 1400 fps they will sell believe me and work too.

well I have a choice I was going to buy test barrels for 2 one for 410 and one for 16 bore just so I can cover most shops as I am getting them saying my carts r good but they wont dump a suppler if I cant cover all standard gauges they get from other makers so what do I drop to get 10 gauge 410 or 16 gauge votes please

I only know two people who own 16s. I know loads that own 10s and .410s.

A nice 3" 16-19gm of 7.5 in th.410 would be my ideal pigeon load. A nice 42 - 49gm load of BB steel in the 1400 - 1500 fps bracket would suit me .

Make those at sensible prices, George, and you will have another long term customer.