Another fatal dog attack

fenboy

A 22 year old man has been killed in the Preston area afetr being bitten by his own dog .

The latest in what seems ever more common tradegys .

I have not seen a report that names the breed of dog , but if it has got the better of a 22 year old man I am guessing it was no poodle .

What a horrid way to go and how awful for his family .

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While he was having a fit apparently. It's a scary event but confusing for the dog at the time. Doesn't help that it's supposedly a pit bull but that's according to the mail

Ah him having a fit would explain why he was not able to fend the dog off .

I lost my sister to epilepsy and time after time they say it can't kill you. It does kill you but in situations like this or having a fit while driving, in the bath, sleeping etc.

The dog should be destroyed either way imho

My girlfriends cousin in who lived in America died on Sunday or Monday morning due to an epileptic fit. The really sad part is that she was 9 months pregnant and had a 18 month old. Even more terrible is that as she was alone due to not being with partner she wasn't found for 2 days and so sadly lost the baby and the 18 month old was alone for that time and due to his crying the neighbours new something was wrong. Absolutely horrendous situation.

My wife has epileptic fits, sometimes 2 or 3 times a week-my older Spaniel bitch lays down next to her as soon as she stops thrashing around on the floor while my Spaniel dog normally finds my daughter or myself and his obvious agitation tells us that something is wrong-no signs of anything but concern from them surely means that different breeds react differently to stressful situations. Sorry to hear of your sister team tractor-sometimes life just stinks.

My girlfriends cousin in who lived in America died on Sunday or Monday morning due to an epileptic fit. The really sad part is that she was 9 months pregnant and had a 18 month old. Even more terrible is that as she was alone due to not being with partner she wasn't found for 2 days and so sadly lost the baby and the 18 month old was alone for that time and due to his crying the neighbours new something was wrong. Absolutely horrendous situation.

Now that is sad :(

I dont understand why anyone would want to own a dog that has a bloodline running through it from animals historically bred to fight and kill. Surely you would go out of your way to make sure those traits were bred out of your pet, as much as possible. Personally (and many will no doubt disagree and say any dog could do it) I would review the dangerous dogs act and introduce workable legislation because it clearly doesn't work. Staffordshire, pit bulls, bull terriers, bull mastiff etc... Should be in the same camp as the dodo and passenger pigeon.

My wife has epileptic fits, sometimes 2 or 3 times a week-my older Spaniel bitch lays down next to her as soon as she stops thrashing around on the floor while my Spaniel dog normally finds my daughter or myself and his obvious agitation tells us that something is wrong-no signs of anything but concern from them surely means that different breeds react differently to stressful situations. Sorry to hear of your sister team tractor-sometimes life just stinks.

It's 18 years almost now but it still hurts . I can cry just thinking about it. I feel for my mum finding her in bed

It is TT and my GF thought it was odd as she usually posted something everyday on Facebook and hadn't since Sunday. Sorry about your sister.

A gardener I work along side with had his mate die last year. Apparently the blokes wife had just left him do he went home for a bath but then had a fit and drowned . My mum and dad go to a yearly rememberance in London and they say the church gets more and more full each year. It happens a lot

I dont understand why anyone would want to own a dog that has a bloodline running through it from animals historically bred to fight and kill. Surely you would go out of your way to make sure those traits were bred out of your pet, as much as possible. Personally (and many will no doubt disagree and say any dog could do it) I would review the dangerous dogs act and introduce workable legislation because it clearly doesn't work. Staffordshire, pit bulls, bull terriers, bull mastiff etc... Should be in the same camp as the dodo and passenger pigeon.

Dogs are a bit like guns you can ban certain types but ‘guns is guns’ and ‘dogs is dogs’ and all of them are capable of killing, given a certain set of circumstances! :hmm:

im not here to have a row, and quite agree that its absolutely tragic that a young lad has lost his life due to an extremely unfortunate set of circumstances.

I just find it incredibly short sighted that people instantly jump on the breed, again.

no dog is a stupid dog, just different. and as such, need a certain type of training/care.

but alas, some people cannot be taught this and feel it necessary to instantly blame a whole breed for the actions of one dog. its akin to when a legal gun owner decides to run amok and kill someone, although I doubt many on here will cry for the type of gun he used to be banned.

and to answer the thicko question, I did reasonably well in school but will occasionally have a funny five minutes where I cant remember how to spell spaghetti or banana... take from that what you will.

Dogs are a bit like guns you can ban certain types but guns is guns and dogs is dogs and all of them are capable of killing, given a certain set of circumstances! :hmm:

Absolutely it's actually a people problem

I am not saying dogs of poor temper are not born - but some person was responsible for that breeding

Some dogs just attract the wrong owners and the wrong breeders

The pit bull ban failed it's over 20 yrs ago now. It likely did more harm than good

I really don't get the "any dog can kill" rubbish. I've been unfortunate enough to see an Akita attack a grown man. Dogs such as Pit Bulls and Akitas have been bred for their aggressive traits. When they attack it is merciless. Due to their power they are very difficult to defend against. I know if I had the choice of being attacked by a pit bull or a labrador I know which one I would choose.

im not here to have a row, and quite agree that its absolutely tragic that a young lad has lost his life due to an extremely unfortunate set of circumstances.

I just find it incredibly short sighted that people instantly jump on the breed, again.

no dog is a stupid dog, just different. and as such, need a certain type of training/care.

but alas, some people cannot be taught this and feel it necessary to instantly blame a whole breed for the actions of one dog. its akin to when a legal gun owner decides to run amok and kill someone, although I doubt many on here will cry for the type of gun he used to be banned.

and to answer the thicko question, I did reasonably well in school but will occasionally have a funny five minutes where I cant remember how to spell spaghetti or banana... take from that what you will.

A tangle or a bend caught in the rotation of the verbal mangle

Can defeat even my spell-checker in some heated dialogues wrangle! :)

I really don't get the "any dog can kill" rubbish.

Perhaps you need to do a little research before posting such a naïve statement. Any dog could and, in the wrong circumstances, has already done so. A French woman had her face ripped off by a Labrador, a few years ago.

I have owned a number of GSDs and Akitas, with both the former and latter being attacked by Labradors and Collies.

+1 Too early to say but 99.9 times out of 100 the type of people who breed and own pitbulls in this country are the last person on earth I would want to own any dog. If you actually cared about your dog why would you buy a breed that you know is banned and which may get put down or need muzzling for its entire life. I personally don't feel any breed of dog should be banned, its some of the owners who need controlling and if it turns out the man who was killed was an irresponsible owner I'm just glad it wasn't some innocent child that got injured.