EU In or out

old'un

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holland EU member, our fantastic prime minister mark rutte, omg.

Yesterday in the news: 2 other big stores will shut their doors, another company

that hires people to support the elderly, 2.500 people will lose their jobs.

If we could only turn back time, to where we had the guilder, germany the deutsch mark, france

the franc and greece their draghme.

Life was so easy, we run a small import and export company, specialized in heavy duty rollers,

it did not matter to us if we had to deal with different currencies, no sir.

At that time spain and portugal were doing just fine, just like greece.

I hope to turn 50 years old in july, but boy, if only i could turn back time.

If i drive around in a big city like rotterdam at midday, all i see is people from a very different

culture doing nothing but hanging around whole day, this number of immigrants increases by the day,

and people working and paying for these people

are getting less and less in number.

Interesting that a lot of the ex heads of the various armed forces are coming out this morning and saying that Britain will be safer remaining IN the EU.

Here's the link;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35647071

As we are not leaving NATO, just considering leaving the so called Economic Comunity, I fail to see their collective concern.

Excuse me, i got a bit carried away in my previous post.

The point i wanted to make is that we were also threatend by our

government that staying out of the EU would be extremely bad for

our country and that jobs were to be lost etc etc etc.

Result :

elderly in retirement homes left alone, waiting till evening to get washed

after soiling themselves, because our government cuts in jobs for helping

the elderly.

health insurance and dental care is free for the refugees, we pay approx 100 quid

minimum per person each month

retirement age lifted from 65 yrs to 67 yrs, plams are to stretch to 70 yrs.

our prime minister shouting on friday: " no more money to greece " , on monday

We pay another 650 million euros.

that is why ultra right wing is the largest political party in the polls at this moment.

all the others scream that this right wing party is the wrong one to elect and that

people choosing this side are stupid.

Well, our political leaders are so full of themselves that they totally ignore what is

going on in the streets, where you and i live.

Instead of scratching their heads WHY right wing is getting the overhand, they just

go to bed and dream about a job in Brussels

these are just a few examples

Here's the link;

As we are not leaving NATO, just considering leaving the so called Economic Comunity, I fail to see their collective concern.

Perhaps they are heavily invested in Europe, property etc.

Good link TIGHTCHOKE, there are a few items further down the page that make interesting reading, like 'Civil servants banned from helping EU out campaigners' can they legally do this?

A lot of this, it is claimed, is the result of big business claiming jobs will be lost if we leave.

Well we are in at the moment and still losing jobs - Anyone work in the steel industry?

Can't see it making any difference myself just mongering to fill newspaper space

While I can't deny the vast amounts of money we contribute on a daily basis does annoy me, and immigration is also a factor, the biggest and most over-riding priority to get out, and the biggest cause for resentment, to me, is the interference in our lives and our sovereignty by totally unelected and unanswerable bureaucrats.

It's bad enough being ruled by those I do elect.

X2

Here's the link;

I also fail to see their concern. That's the problem with a lot of the arguments on both side. Soundbites with no context.

Perhaps they are heavily invested in Europe, property etc.

Good link TIGHTCHOKE, there are a few items further down the page that make interesting reading, like 'Civil servants banned from helping EU out campaigners' can they legally do this?

It appears they can as quote "The Conservative Party is officially neutral in the referendum but the government's official policy is that Britain should remain in the EU - and civil servants are duty bound to support government policies."

I don't get that. If the Conservative party is in power and they are neutral how can the government's policy be to stay?

Result :

the elderly.

health insurance and dental care is free for the refugees, we pay approx 100 quid

that is why ultra right wing is the largest political party in the polls at this moment.

all the others scream that this right wing party is the wrong one to elect and that

Well, our political leaders are so full of themselves that they totally ignore what is

Instead of scratching their heads WHY right wing is getting the overhand, they just

Mark, don't apologise, we are all having our say and it is interesting to see it from the Netherlands point of view.

The IN brigade keep talking about job loses but not saying where they will fall?

Lord Bamford, chairman of JCB, who says an EU exit would allow the UK to negotiate trade deals in other countries. Many small and medium-sized firms would welcome a cut in red tape and what they see as petty regulations, the country needs skilled/ professional workers, what's wrong with adopting Australia's points system?

I also see farmers are saying they would prefer to remain IN the EU, is that because of farm subsidies they receive or the large numbers of cheap foreign labour they use on the land or both?

Result :

the elderly.

Sounds familiar!

Result :

the elderly.

Sounds just like the UK!

Some big companies say we must stay in the EU. Should we rely on their advice? Have they shown financial competence in recent years?

Here are two examples:

Vodafone (share price down 39% since 2007, from 354p to 214p)

M&S (share price down 43% since 2007, from 743p to 421p)

Don't forget Barclays(share price down 77% since 2007, from 707p to 158p). In fact they were down 92% on Jan 23rd 2009.

Don't forget Barclays(share price down 77% since 2007, from 707p to 158p). In fact they were down 92% on Jan 23rd 2009.

But what are you comparing that to? And how is the EU to blame?

Markfromholland's post is similar, there seem to be many people that blame the EU for any number of national and international problems from retirement home funding, company share prices and business closures to the global financial crisis and Bosnian genocides. Most of there issues were and are out of the control of the EU, granted there are some knock on affects that could have a small influence on some of the issues, but they are insignificant when compared to the wider issue which underpins most of the issues - money, or lack of it, caused in part by over enthusiastic lending by banks. I'm open to be educated, but I can't see a direct causal link to any of those issues to the EU.

Edited by FalconFN

Got a love e comparison of Norway and The Swiss....

How many of you have visited, OK re-phrase it- gone on a blender there?

Try £7-8 a pint - cost of living is horrendous but wages a commensurately higher I must admit.

Immigration via Turkey? It will happen in the EU or out, your not telling me that the UK will be turning away 'visitors' with valid passports wether 'IN or OUT' !

Here's the link;

They obviously feel open orders to the current 5000 EU jihadists roaming Europe is the safer option!! The EU offers absolutely no security as proven by Paris and the next attack wherever ISIS choose that to be. Ulterior motives at play just like Camerons. We will still be part of Nato if it kicks off with Russia or anyone else, not that they have proven effective in any shape or form. We need to plough the EU nett contribution back into the UK's military not Europe.

Edited by JRDS

MM jobs will go we need the trade ,really 80 to 90 % of what we make for JLR is for vehicles sold in China AND America ,the UK has to wait months for its new 4 x4 but uncle sam and his friends dont .JCB sell world wide as do Rolls Royce ,British Aerospace and we are the 5th biggest vendor of arms and military equipment in the world .Churchill chose the open sea over Europe ,i agree over 147 countries in the world Europe aint the be all and end all