EU In or out

old'un

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vote in or vote out, what is becoming clear is that with Turkey gearing up to join Europe the tensions are going

to create a tinder box . The question is, do we want to be in that box when it happens, or out of it.

Will our staying in have any influence on what happens to Europe

I doubt turkey will ever be allowed in. That is my speculation of course, but I very much think there is too much resistance, especially from countries like France, Cyprus, Greece etc. I think it is only Germany that is supporting the prospect spiritedly.

I remember being out. The World didn't end then and we didn't fall off the edge either.

So far we have had nil influence by being in, so why would that change going forward? The USA is by far our biggest security partner and the Paris attacks still happened to the French, despite being in the "inner circle"

The EU would last about a heartbeat against the Russians, they proved totally ineffective in Bosnia and 8000 people were murdered as they stood by and watched.

The biggest laugh is Ryan Air (An Irish company) signing the letter in the Times. They don't pay tax and use employment tactics that make indentured servitude look good.

I didn't get to vote last time, but this time its a definite OUT from me.

ATB

Edited by achosenman

The U K has a long history of conflict with our European neighbors, the French see us as a traditional enemy & take every opportunity to stick the knife in our backs when they think it is safe to do so, the Germans have been defeated by us twice in the last century & bear a grudge, the East Europeans are immerging from behind the ‘Iron Curtain’ convinced we are evil imperialists, the Spanish are still smarting from the miserably failed armada & the Irish like to blow us up. Should we bail out of the EU this bunch of foreign miscreants will quickly take their big long awaited chance & gang up on their common foe. Staying in the EU ‘though unpleasant’ is our only opportunity to give as good as we get whilst keep these reprehensible malefactors in their rightful subservient place.

What a strange post, especially the last paragraph.

Every word the truth though

Edited by geordieh

But I can see where he's coming from. That whole bunch have been horse trading across their borders for centuries and by comparison, we're rank amateurs and are constantly trampled underhoof.

Or, if you look at our history, you'll see we're actually rather good at it! If anything, the 'Europe movement' has been the backbone of the longest period of peace in history and not the cause of animosity.

I remember being out. The World didn't end then and we didn't fall off the edge either.

So far we have had nil influence by being in, so why would that change going forward? The USA is by far our biggest security partner and the Paris attacks still happened to the French, despite being in the "inner circle"

The EU would last about a heartbeat against the Russians, they proved totally ineffective in Bosnia and 8000 people were murdered as they stood by and watched.

The biggest laugh is Ryan Air (An Irish company) signing the letter in the Times. They don't pay tax and use employment tactics that make indentured servitude look good.

I didn't get to vote last time, but this time its a definite OUT from me.

ATB

I don't know where to begin with that post. There are so many inaccuracies and histrionics that would have made that post hilarious if it wasn't sutch an important subject. :rolleyes:

Or, if you look at our history, you'll see we're actually rather good at it! If anything, the 'Europe movement' has been the backbone of the longest period of peace in history and not the cause of animosity.

Well that is ok, France and Germany can still hold hands, we don't have any problem with that.

However we do object to paying through the nose to get a better view.

Everybody keeps going on about trade and how important it is to pay through the nose to enable trade.

We have as many trading rights in Europe as Mexico does. The starter for 10 is does Mexico pay £33,000,000 a day in order to enjoy exactly the same trading rights as the UK?

First point, if we're doing so well, why all the fuss about leaving?

Second point, Don't you imagine that the threat of intervention by the strongest NATO member in any way concentrated the minds of any outfit thinking of getting a tad uppity?

With a VERY close control on postal votes. I can see them being the swinger if call me dave looks like he's (hopefully) losing. :whistling:

That crossed my mind to be honest. 5 - 10 years down the line when it comes out there's been mass fraud it will be too late and the perpetrators will be long gone with a handsome payout.

ok guys at the moment im out there is not enough plain English information for the average jo public to make an informed decision and I dnt see anyone in the world of politics that will change that they all spend to much time payed for by us tax payers arguing like the kids at nursery over who is right for me its not about who is right but what is right for the future of the country and wit the info I have so far the right thing is to leave and stand on our own feet.

The U K has a long history of conflict with our European neighbors, the French see us as a traditional enemy & take every opportunity to stick the knife in our backs when they think it is safe to do so, the Germans have been defeated by us twice in the last century & bear a grudge, the East Europeans are immerging from behind the ‘Iron Curtain’ convinced we are evil imperialists, the Spanish are still smarting from the miserably failed armada & the Irish like to blow us up. Should we bail out of the EU this bunch of foreign miscreants will quickly take their big long awaited chance & gang up on their common foe. Staying in the EU ‘though unpleasant’ is our only opportunity to give as good as we get whilst keep these reprehensible malefactors in their rightful subservient place.

And NATO?

Its not what you would call a well informed electorate is it? Its going to be just like the Scottish referendum, all flag waving and emotive clap trap. None of the real issues being discussed.

At least in this referendum we won't get men in kilts turning up on our doorstep banking on about oil and the massacre at Glen Coe :lol: like my auntie did in Scotland

Now there is a point, Scotland! They are going to be 100% in favour of staying in. That might save Cameron's neck when the votes get counted.

With a VERY close control on postal votes. I can see them being the swinger if call me dave looks like he's (hopefully) losing. :whistling:

Postal votes should not be permitted on this one IMO

Also should be able to produce UK passport to be allowed to vote.

Postal votes should not be permitted on this one IMO

Also should be able to produce UK passport to be allowed to vote.

Many ex-pats living in EU countries are entitled to vote and will do so by postal vote. I would guess that the overwhelming majority of those will vote to stay in as leaving the EU would be a nightmare for them. For one thing their old age pensions would not be increased in line with inflation and they may have to pay massive health fees.