Wood Pallet Disposal

Keith RW

Can anyone point me in the direction of Pallet Disposal/recycling company in Sheffield area, I have pallets that mount up in various shapes, sizes and conditions and that I have to pay to get rid of as most companies only want good undamaged ones to sell on.

Could do with a contact that can come and collect a load at a time and do us both a favor.

Quantity wise I would estimate around 50 per month.

I fund a lot of pallets at work are tanalised wood and won't burn! We get a load of euro pallets that are a nightmare to return. The ones the bananas come in on we use for stacking totes and shippers on for return, that way we can get rid of them at pretty much the same rate as we receive them! If you have an auto dismantlers local go and have a word! They often use pallets for shipping engines and gearboxes! May be the solution to both your problems :good:

I fund a lot of pallets at work are tanalised wood and won't burn! We get a load of euro pallets that are a nightmare to return. The ones the bananas come in on we use for stacking totes and shippers on for return, that way we can get rid of them at pretty much the same rate as we receive them! If you have an auto dismantlers local go and have a word! They often use pallets for shipping engines and gearboxes! May be the solution to both your problems :good:

You don't work for Hollands do ya if so poor lad.

The problem I've found with pallets is that they're so well made. Unless cutting up for firewood the timber is very difficult to get out in sensible sized pieces. A pity as rough timber of this sort of size is very useful for all sorts of outside construction projects.

Pallets are a good source of income, generally get more for a Euro than a standard pallet.

You may also find you can get a bit for broken pallets, these can be cobbled together to make good pallets.

Look in your yellow pages to find your local pallet man.

Do not give them away, you will find that the person who collects them the most will most probably be your local pallet man

Edited by bakerboy

• 2 weeks later...

As said pallets make great firewood, no good if you don't have a log burner.as for breaking them up they are a doddle with a claw hammer and small crowbar

Last load I had I remade my log store with them, looks so much nicer than pse

Pallets are a good source of income, generally get more for a Euro than a standard pallet.

You may also find you can get a bit for broken pallets, these can be cobbled together to make good pallets.

Look in your yellow pages to find your local pallet man.

Do not give them away, you will find that the person who collects them the most will most probably be your local pallet man

It's the other way round I think! euros are generally much cheaper if not free!

It's the other way round I think! euros are generally much cheaper if not free!

No, definitely not, certainly in London.

I used to sell upwards of 300/400 pallets each week, about 25% of which were Euro Pallets the price £1.25, Standard one way Pallets about £1.00.

Plus, and I know it is not legal, if you have GKN Blue pallets and a pallet man on the make you can get £2.00 plus.

You have to rent GKN Blue pallets, and when it comes to Audit time and you are short of the required number it could cost you £9.99 per pallet.

It always surprises me at Bonfire night when there are Charity gatherings around a big pile of pallets that are being burnt, they would make more money selling them, but not have such good fun.

Edited by bakerboy