strangely lucky

islandgun

last week i started putting up hen run but lacked a suitable size spanner for the supplied nuts and bolts, the run needed to be finished today ( I forgot about the spanner) saturday eve I pulled over to let my missus have a drive and when walking around the front of the car noticed a spanner on the road, today sunday putting up the run the spanner is exactly right for the job,

I could have stopped anywhere on the road that evening but chose a spot directly in front of a needed spanner ! this got me thinking of all the times Ive needed something. Penny less in australia and in need of a cigarette on my way to start some work, a new packet on the ground ! same day a walk over to look at some lemon trees 50 dollar bill on the the ground, £300 wanted for an outboard, £3 EW patent on the horses yields £320 on the day, I wont bore you further with a very long list of getting just what i need when I needed it,

anyone else get strangely lucky :)

Edited by islandgun

Many years ago I had a Vauxhall Cresta with a column gear change anyway we has on holiday in Plymouth after a while the gear leaver went all floppy and I could not put it in gear so I stopped and switched of the engine and lifted the bonnet and had a look it turned out the split pin had fallen out of the linkage I did not have anything to use but there on the road in front of the car was a hair grip just what I needed with a bit of bending we was soon up and running again but sadly I could not find any bundles of old five pound notes or packets of sigs.

Doe's this count? Luck or Karma?

When i was out on the woodies Saturday i lost a silver neck less/pendant that really means a lot to me. Wore it every day for years. was gutted! Went to work today and without mentioning it to the customer she gave me her late husbands metal detector. Random like!

Took it up the field tonight and found my neckless. Well chuffed!

It's a Garrett treasure ace 300, crossfire 2 supreme deep seeker. Hardly used. They any good? Know nowt about Them. Feel another hobby coming on though.

Had the experience of finding money back as a very skint student. As in, very skint & no money left & next to no food to last me out.

Walking into town found a fiver....lasted me about a week....then back to zero again.

Wandering around & passed the exact spot where the fiver had been the previous week. Just wondering to myself that I'd not be so lucky again....and there in almost the same spot; another fiver!

Lasted another week until next cash came through.

£10 wasn't a lottery win but at the time it was very needed.

What the hell are you breeding Velocoraptors.......

:) the pens are sold as dog runs and are light enough to move, although they wouldnt keep my dogs in !

nature boy

thats reminded me of another stroke of luck, my mini van was stolen when i lived in N Wales so I went to have a look in the local haunts and found it tucked up in a lane, the only keys to an old mk II jag that i was hoping to restore were also missing from the glove box but after a quick search I found them in the undergrowth about 20ft away, the van was also ok

saddler

thats the sort of thing Im talking about 2 fivers in a week ! I would have been looking for a house to rent in that street, when I was a student and living on road kill pheasants in Norfolk I found a lucrative spot for dosh was outside phone boxes near pubs where the occasional drunk would turn out his pockets into the grass looking for change for the taxi

Tightchoke

I just found one, if you want to collect it you can have it back

Rimfire

20yrs aint bad :/

Used to have a paper round on the high street in the local town ,weekly donations from the drunks.All the pubs along the "mile" Saturday and Sunday and 2 taxi ranks i used to find double my wages it was terrible :lol:

Similar. As a teenager I used to search all the pub car parks when the snow melted. People would drop coins and they'd disappear in the snow. Highest denomination coin at the time was 50p. £1 and £2 coins not yet invented.