167 on vined peas wisbech

Harry1

Had a great day but could have been better as did not shoot well 350 shots for 167 been of the scene for a while but good to be back and if the silly farmer with the laid barley had let me go would have a huge day but someone will get a good day on it !

Age is catching me and with arthritis etc setting in must look for a left hooker semi auto as I am going to give this pigeon shooting a big push this year

Like I said had two choices the barley or vined peas with a no go on barley set up on peas stuck between a major A road and some houses didn't want to upset the people in the houses so a compromise spot no bushes and I am not into laying in ditches it was a basic 4 pole hide with wind howling from behind

Not best hide in the world but the pigeons didn't miind which was a good job, should have been an easy 200 bird day but I made hard work of it struggling to shoot sitting down but the old legs couldn't put up with the up and down .

packed in at 3 pm yes it was early but I was ******** and had forgot my earplugs and me head felt Like it was in a vice .

Now to find a way of convincing that farmer to let me shoot the barley

Edited by Harry1

It was a phone call to the farmer on Friday to ask if I could go mate as I don't have any permanent permissions

Should also point out I sent the farmer a text telling him how many I shot and thanked him for the day his reply was " that's a great bag your welcome anytime " us old boys know a few tricks 👍

Edited by Harry1

"could have been better as did not shoot well 350 shots for 167"

Are you serious? ............I think that is a very good day unless you are really George Digweed in disguise?!

I too would be extremely disappointed with 167 pigeons for 350 shots. Unless, that is, they were all near the 50 yard mark.

Still trying to think where this bag could have been shot. I know the area pretty well.

Edited by motty

I lived near Sleaford for many years and shot all around lincolshire and onto the cambridge borders but never saw birds in these numbers, I was up there on a 6000 acre farm a couple of months ago just before the rape came into flower , we spent the day watching an empty sky, since I moved to Norfolk I have had much better bags, but still nothing like this :no::no:

Edited by lakeside1000