Refugee crisis - step change needed

ElvisThePelvis

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How pathetic can you get I am trying to discus a serious subject where people are loosing there life trying to escape these mad killers and all that you can think about is my spelling or punctuation I say shame on you.

To be fair, I'm not bothered about the spelling, but the lack of punctuation is extremely irritating to try to read.

If these people are fleeing persecution then they are supposed to claim sanctuary in the first free country they arrive in. To land on one shore, and then pursue an intent to make it through various European countries to the UK doesn't convince me of their true intent.

Edited by Scully

Wont happen,the first country they land in does,nt want them regardless of reason.The Hungarian giant fence anyone,that,s why the mayor and regional governor of Calais are screaming it,s Britain,s fault and push them our way.Millions on a fence they walk round and now we are rebuilding the Berlin wall along the A16 ,what a pointless waste of OUR money.The problem has been covered 18 to 30 year old males in their 100,s of thousands that want a job/house /benefits.Why are they not staying at home to protect woman/children and fight for their people.Yes get woman and children out but really all these fighting age male,s

To be fair, I'm not bothered about the spelling, but the lack of punctuation is extremely irritating to try to read.

If these people are fleeing persecution then they are supposed to claim sanctuary in the first free country they arrive in. To land on one shore, and then pursue an intent to make it through various European countries to the UK doesn't convince me of their true intent.

Exactly! And Four-wheel-drive, your post playing devils advocate is ridiculous, are we supposed to feel guilty about this or something ?

I've never done a dodgy trade deal with any of these countries so how would I be responsible ?

Exactly! And Four-wheel-drive, your post playing devils advocate is ridiculous, are we supposed to feel guilty about this or something ?

I've never done a dodgy trade deal with any of these countries so how would I be responsible ?

But the government that we voted in has permitted it and no doubt encouraged it to happen all that they needed to do was to not give them an export licence to do it we sell loads of stuff to Saudi Arabia who in turn pass it on to DIASH ISAL ISIS or just plane IS or whatever you choose to call them death inc comes to mind.

I think that the only way to stop these people from coming or trying to come over here is to put in place some decent safe areas in the countries that they come from then if they do manage to get here we have a safe place to send them back to problem solved.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

But the government that we voted in has permitted it and no doubt encouraged it to happen all that they needed to do was to not give them an export licence to do it we sell loads of stuff to Saudi Arabia who in turn pass it on to DIASH ISAL ISIS or just plane IS or whatever you choose to call them death inc comes to mind.

I think that the only way to stop these people from coming or trying to come over here is to put in place some decent safe areas in the countries that they come from then if they do manage to get here we have a safe place to send them back to problem solved.

I didn't vote this government in, but leaving that aside, have you really thought through the implications and logistics of what you're suggesting? 'Problem solved'! Seriously?

I didn't vote this government in, but leaving that aside, have you really thought through the implications and logistics of what you're suggesting? 'Problem solved'! Seriously?

There are push and pull factors to many decisions! War (for genuine war refugees is a push factor) but many of these people are economic migrants who's decision to come is based on the pull factors of free NHS, benefits, high employment etc etc

It's not as easy as that but their lives aren't great where they are so they risk it! It's far more complicated than your jibes make it out to be and saying "build a safe zone, sorted!" Just shows how you're not qualified to even consider how to solve the hugely complicated problems out there!

Apparently we get no choice ! 20,000 Syrians are alledgedly to be settled here....no one on the housing list will feel at all agrieved !! I do not want them here...but I was not asked !

What price our country now, they will take benefits, unearned, whilst decrying our Christian culture....just look at Choudry.

There are push and pull factors to many decisions! War (for genuine war refugees is a push factor) but many of these people are economic migrants who's decision to come is based on the pull factors of free NHS, benefits, high employment etc etc

It's not as easy as that but their lives aren't great where they are so they risk it! It's far more complicated than your jibes make it out to be and saying "build a safe zone, sorted!" Just shows how you're not qualified to even consider how to solve the hugely complicated problems out there!

You can't blame people for wanting to improve their lives. Any of us who were living in a rubbish country with no prospects and no future would try to get out as well.

The trouble is they can't all come here. We are going to have to be very firm on that because we are sending mixed signals at the moment.

In the world that we live in today it is not possible to just pull up the draw bridge and shut everyone out much as it would seem that a lot of people would like to with global worming and the sea rising lots of countries will be running out of space for there people.

Add to that people living in these countries all getting the internet and and smart phones if only second hand ones and they see the life that we have and say I want to live like that so there you have it all of the people from these countries will if we do not do something to improve there life be coming in to Europe and the US etc.

But who can blame them after all what have any of us done to deserve our life style apart from having the good luck to have been born in this country and not where they live I have said all that I want to on this subject if you do not agree with my way of thinking I am sorry but I am bored with this subject so I will leave it with you.

You can't blame people for wanting to improve their lives. Any of us who were living in a rubbish country with no prospects and no future would try to get out as well.

The trouble is they can't all come here. We are going to have to be very firm on that because we are sending mixed signals at the moment.

You can't blame a kid for wanting to eat sweets all the time, but you don't let him ! We are not the great benefactor, the conscience salving overseas aid paid by the hand-wringers is bad enough....don't bring migrants here.

In the world that we live in today it is not possible to just pull up the draw bridge and shut everyone out much as it would seem that a lot of people would like to with global worming and the sea rising lots of countries will be running out of space for there people.

Add to that people living in these countries all getting the internet and and smart phones if only second hand ones and they see the life that we have and say I want to live like that so there you have it all of the people from these countries will if we do not do something to improve there life be coming in to Europe and the US etc.

But who can blame them after all what have any of us done to deserve our life style apart from having the good luck to have been born in this country and not where they live I have said all that I want to on this subject if you do not agree with my way of thinking I am sorry but I am bored with this subject so I will leave it with you.

So why do you think we owe them a better future?

Why is it not possible to pull up the drawbridge ?

Is this not our country ,or does it belong to everyone?

Global warming,sea rising ? Even if it was ,what has that got to do with it ?

If the SHTF in this country ,and it became necessary to migrate to one of their countries,how do you think you would be received there ?

The life that we have in the UK has been brought and paid for (mostly) by the blood ,sweat and tears of the people who live here and their ancestors before them.

You can call it good luck if you like ,but I would say thats an insult to the people who have built this country,past and present.

Far from just good luck being born here, a simplistic statement, we, in this country, have a proud and noble heritage of standing up, alone if necessary, and fighting for what we believe in, to save our country...we don't run away and play on the sensibilities of the gullible. They are very welcome to "improve" their lives, just not at England's expense......

Incidentally, boredom with a subject under discussion often translates into, "I have no logical argument "

I can't believe some of the comments posted here. I feel sorry for genuine refugees, but I don't want any of them here. As has already been asked, how many of you who want the refugees here would be willing to take them in?

I firmly believe that charity begins at home. Let's sort out our own needy first.

Here's a really novel idea why not stop all immigration into the UK and let other countries get on with how they live. Not all countries can be first world, it has to be earned and learned. Not our problem we have enough in our country to last a lifetime.

Don't care whether others agree but it's my point of view.

The thing is. nobody in politics is prepared to put into words publically what would be necessary to stop the flow. It would sound too extreme

So everybody is pussyfooting around waiting for somebody else to say it.

There is one man who will put it in to words and stand by what he says.

His name is............................................

.........................Donald Trump

Yes but Trump is all mouth, that's not politics its Rebel Rousing. Playing to the crowd, if he ever gets put to the test he won't find it so easy.

The funny thing about Trump is ,hes only saying things that the democrats were saying in the 90s .

The problem is the western world has become so liberal minded and politically correct, that such rhetoric has become unfashionable ,xenophobic and to some, racist.

The globalists of the world seem to think that we can have a pick and mix in every country and everyone will just get along fine.

They will not.

We are not at that point by a long shot yet,maybe another 50 years,maybe longer.

Look at the Balkans in the 90s,they couldnt even handle the transition to independence without slaughtering each other.

The various Arab springs,the battles between tribal groups in Pakistan,Afghanistan and surrounding countries.

Simmering hatreds that have been the bane of mankind since year dot.

If they cant get along with their own countrymen,with their own cultures and religion,how on earth are they going to properly integrate into western culture?

When was the last time you heard of a muslim refugee announcing that he would adopt christianity and western values to help integrate into our society?

You dont ,because it doesnt happen,what does happen is they tend to stick to their own,forever at odds with the host countries values.

And the simmering hatred continues.

The plain facts of the matter is this,we cant save the whole world from war and famine.

The lib/labs can spout that its all our fault for causing such wars and poverty,but that is not the whole story is it.

A lot of blame must lie with the culture of the afflicted country,to wage war you need a populace to wage it.

I know its been put out there before,but how many fit men have been displaced out of Syria ,1 mil..2 ?

Thats a big army,how many fighters do IS have these days 50,000 ..100,000 ?

But its easier to just move to a western country and start again.

The final question ,how many refugees have the Gulf states taken in,being as they are far closer than us ?

The funny thing about Trump is ,hes only saying things that the democrats were saying in the 90s .

The problem is the western world has become so liberal minded and politically correct, that such rhetoric has become unfashionable ,xenophobic and to some, racist.

The globalists of the world seem to think that we can have a pick and mix in every country and everyone will just get along fine.

They will not.

We are not at that point by a long shot yet,maybe another 50 years,maybe longer.

Look at the Balkans in the 90s,they couldnt even handle the transition to independence without slaughtering each other.

The various Arab springs,the battles between tribal groups in Pakistan,Afghanistan and surrounding countries.

Simmering hatreds that have been the bane of mankind since year dot.

If they cant get along with their own countrymen,with their own cultures and religion,how on earth are they going to properly integrate into western culture?

When was the last time you heard of a muslim refugee announcing that he would adopt christianity and western values to help integrate into our society?

You dont ,because it doesnt happen,what does happen is they tend to stick to their own,forever at odds with the host countries values.

And the simmering hatred continues.

The plain facts of the matter is this,we cant save the whole world from war and famine.

The lib/labs can spout that its all our fault for causing such wars and poverty,but that is not the whole story is it.

A lot of blame must lie with the culture of the afflicted country,to wage war you need a populace to wage it.

I know its been put out there before,but how many fit men have been displaced out of Syria ,1 mil..2 ?

Thats a big army,how many fighters do IS have these days 50,000 ..100,000 ?

But its easier to just move to a western country and start again.

The final question ,how many refugees have the Gulf states taken in,being as they are far closer than us ?

The "Last Time" !! ........... when was the first time.

The Republicans have always picked puppets to be their leaders in recent years. Regan, Bush, Bush again............

The President doesn't actually call the shots. That is why Dubbya could send time playing so much golf. The suits behind the President make the key decisions.