Labour Party Double Standards - Education

TIGHTCHOKE

It was interesting to watch the Channel 4 News reporters asking several leading labour party members who have put their children through private school why they are against grammar schools and advancement.

Dianne Abbot, Charlie Falconer and Baroness Chakrabarti CBE all tried to run away.

I find that many of those who joined the Labour party in the 70's or whenever, did so as young students with monumental chips on their shoulders, in the belief they would give those they perceived as the upper ruling class establishment a bloody nose.

What has happened though, as they have found their careers to be quite lucrative whilst being far removed from the working classes they claim to represent, is that their positions have allowed them that little taste of decadent opportunity to better the lives of their families, and they like the taste, and who wouldn't ? As a result, I feel some of those, and often those who feel they have possibly underachieved in their political careers, have increasingly become everything they despised about the tories.

Prescott is a good example, and the Kinnocks even more so. Their hypocrisy is astounding, as is their denial of the fact.

How many TU leaders went on to earn many times more the annual income of those people they claimed to represent? Hypocrites, the lot of 'em.

I find that many of those who joined the Labour party in the 70's or whenever, did so as young students with monumental chips on their shoulders, in the belief they would give those they perceived as the upper ruling class establishment a bloody nose.

What has happened though, as they have found their careers to be quite lucrative whilst being far removed from the working classes they claim to represent, is that their positions have allowed them that little taste of decadent opportunity to better the lives of their families, and they like the taste, and who wouldn't ? As a result, I feel some of those, and often those who feel they have possibly underachieved in their political careers, have increasingly become everything they despised about the tories.

Prescott is a good example, and the Kinnocks even more so. Their hypocrisy is astounding, as is their denial of the fact.

How many TU leaders went on to earn many times more the annual income of those people they claimed to represent? Hypocrites, the lot of 'em.

👍 Very true

+1

Blackpowder

100% spot on.

Well Tony Blair is worth £100 Million, can anybody explain where that came from?

I take it that Tony didn't chuck in Cherie to sweeten the deal.

You can have £100M but you'll have to live/sleep with Cherie.

Um, I'll carry on cleaning sewers, thanks!

Back on topic:

1 I went to a grammar school and don't remember it being full of "toffs", rather the opposite in fact.

2 Funny how all the Labour MPs who are violently anti grammar schools went to them themselves. :hmm:

You can have £100M but you'll have to live/sleep with Cherie.

Um, I'll carry on cleaning sewers, thanks!

Back on topic:

1 I went to a grammar school and don't remember it being full of "toffs", rather the opposite in fact.

2 Funny how all the Labour MPs who are violently anti grammar schools went to them themselves. :hmm:

likewise Can i join you in the sewer if the alternatives having to share a bed with that gun hating witch !

Again back to the topic:

I find it actually disturbing that the the hard left have such a hatred of people aspiring to better themselves that wish to deny particularly bright working class children an education which will assist them to acheive professional careers.