Second hand watches

Lloyd90

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda agree the 'gauss is the only rolex I like; they just released a whole RANGE of 'gauss styled watches too, so they must be aware it's interesting.

to reset price ranges down from the stratospherics, here's a pic of my longines evidenza chrono. I personally think it looks fantastic, quite unusual and the quality is excellent.

IMG_20151212_120456.jpg

Edited by buze

I kinda agree the 'gauss is the only rolex I like; they just released a whole RANGE of 'gauss styled watches too, so they must be aware it's interesting.

to reset price ranges down from the stratospherics, here's a pic of my longines evidenza chrono. I personally think it looks fantastic, quite unusual and the quality is excellent.

IMG_20151212_120456.jpg

That i like! :good:

(Not the BMW) :lol:

Buze that with a brown leather strap is my favorite dress watch for reasonable money the moon phase and date version would be the icing on the cake but the prices start to get silly.

Found a pic but for some reason it wont upload.

Edited by figgy

Someone always has to go and ruin it!

https://www.lyst.co.uk/accessories/bamford-watch-department-rolex-milgauss-camouflage-oyster-perpetual-watch-green/?reason=related-product

PS buze why did you put a BMW badge on your tractors steering wheel ???

Anyone off to Paris http://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/milgauss-116400gv-green-perfect-condition-never-polish--id4868120.htm

Edited by HDAV

Fella at work yesterday bought himself a Breitling Ocean something or other with a blue face. Bit bulky and heavy to me but he's very happy with it. Other lad in the office just sent his Tag away for service and a polish nearly £400.00 on a watch he paid £1100 for. It makes no sense to me at all to pay that sort of money to have a watch serviced when you can buy a very good very accurate watch for the same money.

A oils service on a 330d is nearly 600 quid, buy a whole car for that,

Its no longer about the practicalities or even the economics if telling time,its a statement,jewellery,status whatever,although as Mungler has said buy the right watch and you will not lose a penny inc servicing,

Rolex are my thing so

Daytona from 2008 cost 4.5k now 9-15k

Gmt LV from same year, new 3.5k now 7k

Plus the buzz of ownership.

there are examples that dont gain any momentum or shed money, a lot of Bi metal models fall into this sector and those ltd production run models that you go on a list for that hit the stratosphere.

Who would have thought a bog standard submariner from late 70's early 80's given out as a freebee by a north sea diving company to staff would now be 25k up for a good one.