New combi boiler: Worcester Bosch vs Baxi

Salop Matt

Folks,

Our 20 year old Valiant (combi) is about to die..... I know nothing about boilers and this is our first home we are still in so haven't had any experience here before !

Replacement options are:

Worcester Bosch 30I

Worcester Bosch 32 (something)

Baxi Platinum HE33KW

So any thoughts on Brand?

I have always thought Valiant and WB were the best but the first guy we have a quote from seems keen on his Baxi`s.

Any thoughts or guidance ?

ATB

Matt

ive got a Worcester, its ok, what was great though, was the plan I took out at 25 quid a month, I was having loads of problems with it, so I took out a plan, Worcester are happy to take on a boiler with issues, the engineer came and stripped out every major component and replaced them, and said see how you get on.

it worked for a fortnight, then started cutting out again, he came back and an electrical fault was diagnosed, but not in the boiler, so an electrician came and found a loose wire from the programmer,

prior to all this, a local so called heating engineer had fleeced me twice claiming 'air in the system', watch out for that little scam.

its been working like a dream since September.

I work for a local authority about five years ago we swapped from WB to using the Ideal logic combi boilers and never looked back we don't fit any other brand now

The Ideal Logic plus is fantastic value(makes up for the Isar) have fitted a lot, if money isn't a concern i would go worcester, however Viessman are unbelievably competitive at the moment and CHEAPER than the mighty worcester,if you go Baxi start saving now to change it in 7 years, another good alternative is this beauty "remeha quinta" despit the hovel that it is made in, its fantastic

Worcester died within 5 years and had loads of bother in between moved over to ferroli no trouble in 15 yrs

15 years for a ferroli, you should contact Norris McWhirter

I bought cheapest at the time, a potterton, 30he i think, 12 years and only two expansion vessels, never had it serviced either. It did go on a brand new system (19 rads) Every year i spend a saturday morning and put the hosepipe on it and flush every rad in turn till it runs clear and refill and dose with inhibitor. At that time i think a Worcester was 350 more and i just didnt have it.

I think if you ask enough people they will be positive and negative on all brands.

My first flat had a Worcester and it was abut 5 years old when I moved in. 10 years later and it was still going strong.

Every 3 years or so a diaphragm for the hot water would go and we would get it replaced when serviced, all in £80. The damn thing would go almost 3 years to the day and was due to very hard water.

I can't comment on any other boiler but that one was tip top and old tech then.