Finally some SENSE, at last

TIGHTCHOKE

I Wonder what would have been said if the shoe was on the other foot and the taliban had taken videos of the account?

In my eyes he's guilty of murder.

It must be nice to be perfect and see the world in black and white if you see the world like that why are you not out protesting about all of the arms that our government is selling to all of the bad people who use them to kill our people.

if the guy was an American Trump would have given him a meddle and well deserved in my eyes one less bad guy has to be a good thing

I Wonder what would have been said if the shoe was on the other foot and the taliban had taken videos of the account?

Walk a mile in his shoes.

It's a very tough case but when you consider his mental condition and the stress he was under I think the correct verdict has probably been reached. I'm not sure he should get off scot free but I certainly wouldn't complain if he did.

Mods please close this thread as it wll only go one way and members putting links up of murder (sorry manslaughter) cannot be right.

I agree with you in the first point. A charge of manslaughter because of diminished responsibility doesn't sit easy with me. I think British soldiers should be able to meet a higher standard. There was, however HUGE concerns about being let down by those in charge in not spotting the need and giving him the mental help necessary

However, it's a forum full of people's differing opinions. If you don't want to read them, don't follow the topic or make comment. I'd rather not live in a country where people's platforms for personal opinions are banned for fear of disagreement

Edited by chrisjpainter

Walk a mile in his shoes.

It's a very tough case but when you consider his mental condition and the stress he was under I think the correct verdict has probably been reached. I'm not sure he should get off scot free but I certainly wouldn't complain if he did.

Hes certainly not getting away with it,hes done jail time and his army career is over.

I wonder what would have happened if the taliban had found an injured British soldier ?

I dont believe his death would have been quick.

The way I see it , it was a mercy killing of an enemy combatant,happens all the time and no one bats an eyelid.

His mistake was having it filmed.

Nearly smashed my radio on the way home. The idiot Radio 5 presenter interviewed the soldiers current legal rep.

In conclusion he was asked " what about the Taliban who was shot, who will fight for his rights?"

He was made to look very foolish.

• 2 weeks later...

Whist it's good that he will be freed soon, one wonders what he will do next.

No career, ex-offender - and all for God-forsaken Afghanistan.

he will be ok we look after our own as best we can , i believe he's already been told by some of the blokes that have there own companies that they jobs waiting for him.

i for one am glad that he will be out in a few weeks to try and claw some form of his life back and hopefully get some help for what he and his wife and family have been through. if you don't agree with me then thats fair enough

I think we're in agreement.