FREE cars.

Red-dot

So report them if you know it's going on, it will get looked into and hopefully sorted,

It's like the blue badge system, if it's found to be fraudulently used it gets confiscated, but the powers that be NEED TO MADE AWARE OF IT. Names addresses circumstances....

:shaun:

I have reported several people to the tax man, one in particular for tax fraud on a pretty big scale, and to the best of my knowledge and belief none of them were ever followed up. Nobody ever got back to me for more information and the people in question carried on doing what they were doing before.

I don't bother any more, it takes a lot of heart searching before I report somebody and their is always the fear of reprisals

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are so enlightened by the left that a man was recently spared prison for battering his wife because he had a potentially good cricket career that a jail term would have spoilt, and a burglar with 700 convictions still hasn't done any time,oh yeh, you progressives, you really are consistent with your progress.pass the sick bag.

So you think Western society should abandon social progression and go back to the Middle Ages..........if so? I believe ISIS are looking for recruits! Lol!

One of the guys at work used to drive his live ins disability car everywhere never removed the badge used to park on double yellows etc just to get a pie for his lunch etc he moaned when we went on to 12 hour shifts and she wanted the car to get out and he would have to sort another means of transport to get to work and back , the complained about the extra petrol when she wanted to go places on his days off as she was stuck in the house while he was at work with the car ,he told my boss he was lucky when he went into hospital to get rods inserted into his back as he might be able to get a disability car . His whole life revolved round money often he would get all his bills out and tally them up often redoing them if he was more than 2pence out . He got prostate cancer and went downhill quickly 3 days after he died the work gave her £90,000

Me id sooner have my health than a disability car

I have reported several people to the tax man, one in particular for tax fraud on a pretty big scale, and to the best of my knowledge and belief none of them were ever followed up. Nobody ever got back to me for more information and the people in question carried on doing what they were doing before.

I don't bother any more, it takes a lot of heart searching before I report somebody and their is always the fear of reprisals

They would of been followed,you would also of been asked if you would be prepared to go to court (If case got to court).You would if also been CLEARLY told, that you wouldnt be informed of the outcome.This information you would if been given while completing the HUMINT reporter that the advisor would pass onto us.You would of also been advised that your identity couldn't be guaranteed to be kept secret especia8 if you agreed to appear at court. Edited by Davyo

Davyo, I seriously doubt too many reports are followed up. I reported someone across the road. Nowt got done.

I assure you mate with HMRC if Tax evasion,they get followed up.You also have to way up the pros and cons to get a successful prosecution.The amount of work involved for example,we may need to gather Intel on one's assets.Property valuation,who has the mortgage?who is registered keeper of the cars (we have to wait for this Intel coming back from the DVLA? Then an Experian credit check to see who's making payment on the previous mentioned.Then we dig out the tax returns to see what's been declared.If things don't add up for example, guy puts in a return with say £10k profit,but is running a Merc SLK (DVLA confirm car is registered to him) and has a 150k mortgage with no missed payments (Experian confirm mortgage and car are financed with him along with credit cards loans ect).This we would go after (and did in this case) others we have to weigh up the options of weather it's worth if.However we may put an indicator on his/her SA record and this will track all future tax returns,just in case.

You need hard evidence,and just like the DLA with the mobility cars, they will only act on hard evidence.

Just wish I was going to be around in 2020 to see the new system (Connect) swing into full operational action (it's currently been used but not to it's full capacity). (It will do all these checks in minutes)

Edited by Davyo

i found it quite surprising the amount of posters on here that have enough time to monitor other people's movements so as to report them for tax etc,obviously with the time this must take they cant be holding down full time jobs,and i wonder what benefits they themselves are claiming instead of working and paying taxes themselves. :lol:

I assure you mate with HMRC if Tax evasion,they get followed up.You also have to way up the pros and cons to get a successful prosecution.The amount of work involved for example,we may need to gather Intel on one's assets.Property valuation,who has the mortgage?who is registered keeper of the cars (we have to wait for this Intel coming back from the DVLA? Then an Experian credit check to see who's making payment on the previous mentioned.Then we dig out the tax returns to see what's been declared.If things don't add up for example, guy puts in a return with say £10k profit,but is running a Merc SLK (DVLA confirm car is registered to him) and has a 150k mortgage with no missed payments (Experian confirm mortgage and car are financed with him along with credit cards loans ect).This we would go after (and did in this case) others we have to weigh up the options of weather it's worth if.However we may put an indicator on his/her SA record and this will track all future tax returns,just in case.

You need hard evidence,and just like the DLA with the mobility cars, they will only act on hard evidence.

Just wish I was going to be around in 2020 to see the new system (Connect) swing into full operational action (it's currently been used but not to it's full capacity). (It will do all these checks in minutes)

The man I reported was like the invisible man, he had never registered with HMRC . No paper trail anywhere, no bank accounts, credit cards or anything,he owned over a dozen properties, collected the rent in cash and didn't even have his name on the electoral register. No vehicles registered in his name, no mortgages nothing

There are loads of people like that, they are called perpetual travellers. Connect isn't going to catch them

Edited by Vince Green

i found it quite surprising the amount of posters on here that have enough time to monitor other people's movements so as to report them for tax etc,obviously with the time this must take they cant be holding down full time jobs,and i wonder what benefits they themselves are claiming instead of working and paying taxes themselves. :lol:

Some of us its our full time jobs that brings us into contact with the most blatent examples of tax abuse you could ever imagine. Anybody who works in building, property or the service industries will encounter it on a day to day basis.

When its so in your face all the time you get very annoyed by it

Edited by Vince Green

The man I reported was like the invisible man, he had never registered with HMRC . No paper trail anywhere, no bank accounts, credit cards or anything,he owned over a dozen properties, collected the rent in cash and didn't even have his name on the electoral register. No vehicles registered in his name, no mortgages nothing

There are loads of people like that, they are called perpetual travellers. Connect isn't going to catch them

How did he own all those properties with no paper trail?

Traveller? I imagine it was more lax back in the day, probably lots in the older generation like that but I imagine it's a bit harder these days? (Or maybe not lol!)

I take it this guy doesn't have a residential address be it private or rented, or a birth certificate.A registered/verified name is all connect needs it will do the rest as it then searches connected relations,known business partners ect.Checking every persons financial/asset circumstances until it finds something that doesn't seem right.I agree that there are persons out there that have stay off the radar,but it's a game where one simple mistake gets them caught.The more family or friends that get involved (his assets in their name) the easier it is to trace/catch them.

Catch one of the linked and they usually start singing like a canary and Mr Invisible is soon left with nothing.

Lets stop the insults that always start when disability issues are brought up,

Yes systems get abused but that's the same in all walks of life,

The Blue Badge system is totally different to the motability scheme and run by different agencies,

If so many of you are certain both schemes are being abused as in the "I see it all the time" and so forth, including the I service them and see the taxi stuff hidden away posters then REPORT it, or is it easier to come on here and complain about it?

Just ignoring it and complaining when others get it is almost as bad as abusing it......REPORT IT if you are certain it's being abused, there are numbers available for you to do it......

The phrase keyboard warriors is quite ept in some of the posts on here......

I'm sure people would rather have their health then have to worry about wheher they can have a badge or a car......

I really do despair at this forum at times :no:

:shaun:

I thought about jumping in and saying my bit, but I think you have things summed up here Shaun. There are some pitiful individuals showing their true colours on this thread! :no::no:

I take it this guy doesn't have a residential address be it private or rented, or a birth certificate.A registered/verified name is all connect needs it will do the rest as it then searches connected relations,known business partners ect.Checking every persons financial/asset circumstances until it finds something that doesn't seem right.I agree that there are persons out there that have stay off the radar,but it's a game where one simple mistake gets them caught.The more family or friends that get involved (his assets in their name) the easier it is to trace/catch them.

Catch one of the linked and they usually start singing like a canary and Mr Invisible is soon left with nothing.

Dave ,I applaud your enthusiasm and faith, I hope it proves effective.

Not holding my breath waiting though.

As an aside, being bored and not able to get out I have watched the Interceptors recorded from 5 where Lincolnshire police with hundreds of thousands pounds worth of kit try to level the field with getting idiots before the courts..

I admire their dedication and professionalism but It is obvious after an hour that the magistrates are presumably hog tied with sentencing and the system is not fit for purpose, and no I don't want to see a string of corpses hanging from the lamp posts

but something considered and proportionate is sadly lacking IMO.

Just like the NHS staff I bet their morale is as high as an ants eye?

I am old enough to know that it probably will not end well from present indications.

How did he own all those properties with no paper trail?

Traveller? I imagine it was more lax back in the day, probably lots in the older generation like that but I imagine it's a bit harder these days? (Or maybe not lol!)

The term 'perpetual traveller' is an old expression from the 80s when books were written about how to live for free by exploiting loopholes in international law meaning you registered yourself as living abroad but actually didn't.

Today it has a new concept that is very modern, it just means somebody who can't be tracked down. Usually the more polite term now is a 'foreign businessman'. Things like freedom of movement, Easyjet, mobile phones, Western Union and the internet make it so much easier.

Years ago these "geezers" would claim to be living in Spain on the Costas but today its more likely to be India, Cyprus, etc.

You can buy a house and register it in your name but if you are never there nobody can track you down by going there. Simple!

Edited by Vince Green

Cash, the enemy of the digital state.

Travellers ,being perpetual or driving a tarmac lorry, use cash or a fly by night business to process payments to basically launder money.

Houses can be distributed amongst friends and family, sometimes through ones that have been dead for years.

Please dont tell me this doesnt happen.

Report it to the correct authority, you get asked for proof, beside being asked for your testimony, who wants to make themselves a target?

As much as things get computerised and shared between different sections of government ect, if the information isnt there to begin with, then what ?

Ive met people who didnt know how old they were, because they had been taken, often by force, from one part of the family by another at a very young age.

Hard to believe ?

Why ? Do you truly believe everyone is protected by the law in this country?

Some of us its our full time jobs that brings us into contact with the most blatent examples of tax abuse you could ever imagine. Anybody who works in building, property or the service industries will encounter it on a day to day basis.

When its so in your face all the time you get very annoyed by it

I take your point.how would a scenario be in your view when customers phone me to book some work and I am asked the same old thing time and time again. Can we lose the vat for cash.now I take it from many of the posts on here that this is something the good people on pw would never dream of asking.as this is surely tax evasion.but unfortunately I don't believe that many if totally honest could say they never have.i myself will not entertain any cash work because of the problems it can cause.not because I have any misguided sense of loyalty to hmrc or the really honest mp's that rule it.😚 Edited by bostonmick

I take your point.how would a scenario be in your view when customers phone me to book some work and I am asked the same old thing time and time again. Can we lose the vat for cash.now I take it from many of the posts on here that this is something the good people on pw would never dream of asking.as this is surely tax evasion.but unfortunately I don't believe that many if totally honest could say they never have.i myself will not entertain any cash work because of the problems it can cause.not because I have any misguided sense of loyalty to hmrc or the really honest mp's that rule it.

Nail on the head mate ,spot on.

If you were having a new kitchen and bathroom and the builder said it's £10,000 but he will do it for £8,000 for cash, which would you choose?

I know which way a LOT of people would choose.

I also know lots of builders who won't do cash work because they know how serious it can be and also how in-depth they could be investigated.

We farmers do nothing of the sort, it's all done in cabbages and turnips.

Joking aside we will not cash deal for any work, contracting etc unless it's very small amounts, it a pain when the accountant starts drafting the annuals.