What might have done this?

Wandering around last night scaring rabbits away (need to get used to shooting from sticks now crops are up) I discovered a rabbit whose head and front legs were intact but the skin had been hollowed out of body and rear legs, what create may do this? We are inundated with badger, would/could these catch a juvenile rabbit?

Wandering around last night scaring rabbits away (need to get used to shooting from sticks now crops are up) I discovered a rabbit whose head and front legs were intact but the skin had been hollowed out of body and rear legs, what create may do this? We are inundated with badger, would/could these catch a juvenile rabbit?

If you could vaguely say it looked like a peeled banana, then this is a description often used for Brock's meal.

aka, the Corbyn....known for it's pitiful howling & the scent trail from its habit of constantly urinating down one leg. A rare beast: due to bad eyesight it'll mate with anything with a pulse that puts up with the smell

Spluttttteerrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn!!!! Now gone and spit all my early morning cuppa all over the key board :-)

aka, the Corbyn....known for it's pitiful howling & the scent trail from its habit of constantly urinating down one leg. A rare beast: due to bad eyesight it'll mate with anything with a pulse that puts up with the smell

That's a good description of my son.

Would the Crow of held the head and front feet while the Buzzard peal back the fur. It could be a combined effort but I don't see them playing too well together around staff's.

As OP mentioned the insides hollowed out I don't get what you meant in reg to peeling the fur back. Saw a couple of small bunnies that match the description - head and front legs fine, but the rest of the body just the fur like an empty bag. One of the encouters was after i spooked the crows off the bunny.

Edited by Grange1905

As OP mentioned the insides hollowed out I don't get what you meant in reg to peeling the fur back. Saw a couple of small bunnies that match the description - head and front legs fine, but the rest of the body just the fur like an empty bag. One of the encouters was after i spooked the crows off the bunny.

Interesting, magpies were inspecting the body until relieved of duties by 17Hmr