Public services money

Twistedsanity

The Tories could have given even more to Scotland. :whistling: The Irish are receiving the same help that Scotland has enjoyed for years. It might not be totally fair to the English and Welsh, but just what do Labour expect the Tories to do? Roll over and let the idiots take over the asylum.

Diane Abbott says that the £1 billion should be split equally - Northern Ireland 35%, England 35%, Wales 35% and Scotland 35%. Who could argue?

Polititions must be good at money fiddling if they can divide the pot to make 140%. :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•He was predicted to loose massively in the election - but in fact got a remarkably good result

He still lost with less votes than Gordon Brown got.

I happen to think he is a very dangerous, calculating, ruthless and manipulative person.

I can't disagree - you just missed out anti-Jewish and a friend of terrorists.

A 100bl bung as you put it should have been given to the nurses and fireman police that keep us all safe.

Are they not already relativity well payed, certainly better payed than a lot in the private sector.

Edited by ordnance

Are they not already relativity well payed, certainly better payed than a lot in the private sector.

In northern ireland certainly, moving over i took (public sector) a very slight pay cut but my better half (private sector) gets near half what she would expect on the mainland.

In low wage parts of the uk public sector wages are comparably attractive, in areas with better prospects however they quickly become profoundly uncompetitive.

Is there a Labour supporter who genuinely thinks that Corbyn would carry out his election pledges?

Election Bribes Gordon, the word is bribes. Its a winning formula, it worked for Blair, it worked for Brown and now it is working for Corbyn. It would have worked for Milliband too except he was too thick to cotton on to it.

Ordnance when did you last read the papers tell that to a nurse just before she sticks a needle in your ***

I don't have to tell them, my wife is a nurse and is well payed has good holidays pension plan and sickness scheme. Apart from the wages how many private sector workers have the same work place benefits as the public sector 6 months full sickness pay for example. I have worked for both and the public sector jobs beat the private sector jobs 9 times out of ten for the reasons i have posted. Most are essential but but do not contribute to the economy like the private sector, they are a cost that comes out of taxes and borrowing.

Edited by ordnance

As to those who back him - he has promised them all what they wanted (free university, more benefits, abolish trades union regulations, better minimum wage, more money on all public services etc.) What he has failed to do and that no one seems to pick up on - is that he has totally failed to explain how he will raise the funds for this.

Unlike the tories with the odd billion here and there?

I would like to propose that the DUP negotiate the UK terms for Brexit. :good:

Unlike the tories with the odd billion here and there?

I would like to propose that the DUP negotiate the UK terms for Brexit. :good:

A billion is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things , a drop in the ocean when put in context of our GDP of over 2 Trillion, the equivalent of running our public services for around 10 hours. A price worth paying to keep Corbyn simmering on the opposition benches... and besides it's money that gets spent on the people of NI, on both sides of the community. It is, after all, just a months net contribution to the EU, or indeed the Foreign Aid budget.

My wife is a nurse she hasn't had a pay rise for five years she spends her days saving lives some of them Tories that voted to keep her wage freeze she doesn't pay so much tax as her wage haven't gone up in five years my wife who spent six years three times a week on a kidney dialysis machine five hours a day and get up and go to work in the morning never had a day off not because she's a nurse but because we could not afford for her not to go as her wage was **** and now they had a chance to help they block the vote

Yes, I think they do; for some reason that I don't understand Corbyn has managed to be thought as 'genuine and honest'. Fact is ALL politicians are devious liars - and Corbyn is no better or worse than any of the others. Where he is different is that the promises he has made are clever and what people want. He has no intention of keeping them, but I don't believe many of the Tory/Brexit/Remain/LibDem/Scot Nat intend to keep their election promises either.

What I do know is there is a MASSIVE deficit equivalent to £26,000 for every person in the UK - the interest on which is about the same size as the whole defence budget - and the deficit is still going up - and when interest rates rise we will be really hard up.

No politician mentions this. What we really need to do is to reduce the deficit - and NO party is genuinely doing that and none has since Mrs Thatcher.

The debt is going up. Deficit is going down.

My wife is a nurse she hasn't had a pay rise for five years she spends her days saving lives some of them Tories that voted to keep her wage freeze she doesn't pay so much tax as her wage haven't gone up in five years my wife who spent six years three times a week on a kidney dialysis machine five hours a day and get up and go to work in the morning never had a day off not because she's a nurse but because we could not afford for her not to go as her wage was **** and now they had a chance to help they block the vote

NHS in Scotland is devolved so as said any grievance you have is with the SNP's minister of health.

Tories have (sort of!) been elected three times now and having seen this so many times before we will end up with a change next time BUT for the life of me there is nothing about the opposition front bench that doesn't worry/scare me. Comrade Corbyn looks to be worse than the Reds I remember from the bad old days of the 60s and 70s - half the country on strike, 3 day week , Red Robbo and Arthur Skargill..... I do quite like Stella Creasy - not because she is decorative but she does seem to have a good heart and was against Momentum. She might get my vote but I suspect she won't stay the course.

Tories have (sort of!) been elected three times now and having seen this so many times before we will end up with a change next time BUT for the life of me there is nothing about the opposition front bench that doesn't worry/scare me.

Very unfortunately (and that is no reflection on you!) I completely agree with you.

I am a labour supporter and the sooner they get back in the better may is starting to wish she hadn't bothered to stand she will not be there long then Corbin's youth will elect a labour government watch this space as for Arthur Scargill what a man he said the Tories would shut the pits and they did Thatcher put soldiers on the streets in 1984 to attack her own people

I am a labour supporter and the sooner they get back in the better may is starting to wish she hadn't bothered to stand she will not be there long then Corbin's youth will elect a labour government watch this space as for Arthur Scargill what a man he said the Tories would shut the pits and they did Thatcher put soldiers on the streets in 1984 to attack her own people

Did you know that Labour closed more pits than Margret Thatcher. What's your answer to that?

Idiot there's only one idiot her the truth hurts there are a lot of restrictions on her or I would tell you what I really think get back in your box you Muppet.

As asked, why don't you tell us what you think about Labour closing more pits than Thatcher?

Arthur Scargill, lived a life of relative luxury, turned up at trouble spots only after having his chauffer driven Jag parked @ a mile away then strolled down with his hired heavies to stir up trouble. Army put on to the streets to protect innocent civilians from num thugs, not to attack anyone, Liebour shut more pits in 5 years than the Tories did in 11 years, and as your wife works in the Nhs you may like to know that Liebour spent more money on a failed it system that was a non starter from the beginning, than it would have cost to hire 50,000 nurses for 10 years on a £ 30,000 a year salary.

S

Wow! :unhappy: