Spanish SxS for new starter or someone in need.

TaxiDriver

A few months ago I was very kindly given this SxS by PW's Shaun,

In the same spirit I'd now like to pass it on as I've now decided I'm unlikely to use it as I have no transport to the one place I had permission, and my continued lack of work/money means I couldn't afford a clay shoot or the cartridges.

I don't know anything about this SxS and I've not even fired it.

It's just pointless hanging onto it Just because I want to hold onto something.

Bit far for me but atleast your carrying the 'tradition' on! Hope someone appreciates it. Could you not keep it for now and save money for some carts out the bargain bin?

No, I'm desperately trying to persuade myself not to hand in my certificates before I have to surrender them', Been suffering with some anxiety/depression since Christmas time which wasn't very good, Now been suggested that I may have some mild PTSD related to my accident last year and the dog attack this year.

Im trying to get it straight in my head giving it all up voluntarily before I'm forced to.

I'd be wrong to hang onto the SxS just because I don't want to give it up, Shaun kindly gave it to me to help me out, and in the same spirit, realising I'm desperately trying to hang onto something, it's only right I pass it on to some one deserving of it.

Edited by TaxiDriver

No, I'm desperately trying to persuade myself not to hand in my certificates before I have to surrender them', Been suffering with some anxiety/depression since Christmas time which wasn't very good, Now been suggested that I may have some mild PTSD.

Im trying to get it straight in my head giving it all up voluntarily before I'm forced to.

I'd be wrong to hang onto the SxS just because I don't want to give it up, Shaun kindly gave it to me to help me out, and in the same spirit, realising I'm desperately trying to hang onto something, it's only right I pass it on.

Very honest of you

Had it not been for the logistics i would of gave you some cartridges to bang some clays

Hope all turns out ok for yourself

Im sure we can club together for a slab or two for you...

Thank you for the thought BUT NO,

I think you've maybe misunderstood my intention in posting.

The SxS was very kindly given to me, I realise now that I'm guilty of trying to hang onto the possibility of shooting, whereas the reality is...I'm increasingly unlikely to ever to go in the foreseeable future.

And now that I've sought professional help for anxiety/depression It's probably or possibly only a matter of time before there's a knock on the door wanting my guns/certificates.

I don't need or want any aggrovation trying to argue my case just to hang onto a hobby that I cannot afford to participate in.

Soon as I can afford a couple of gun sale ad's I'll most likely list mr 22lr and FAC air

Thank you for the thought BUT NO,

I think you've maybe misunderstood my intention in posting.

The SxS was very kindly given to me, I realise now that I'm guilty of trying to hang onto the possibility of shooting, whereas the reality is...I'm increasingly unlikely to ever to go in the foreseeable future.

And now that I've sought professional help for anxiety/depression It's probably or possibly only a matter of time before there's a knock on the door wanting my guns/certificates.

I don't need or want any aggrovation trying to argue my case just to hang onto a hobby that I cannot afford to participate in.

Soon as I can afford a couple of gun sale ad's I'll most likely list mr 22lr and FAC air

Ah, fair doos.

Hope it all comes good for you.

Taxidriver .i belive your doing the right thing. I have been in your shoes and it is something you have desided to do .now that is two good things .you are getting rid of it in both a positive way .plus its some thing you do not have to worry about . You made a great move and are forward thinking .thats a good thing.i have to ask are you getting the right help.with a good Doctor.are yoù on any tablets .are they helping .have you got someone to talk to. Someone you can trust to be open and honest with.if you like reading a set of books that helped me out of that dark pit .were wrote by a lady doctor a few years ago .her name was Doctor Clare weeks not sure if i spelt her name right. Think the first was called " self help for your nerves" 25 years on i still sometimes use some of her words " let more time pass " one of my favorite words i use when i am a bit down .good luck you will get there

The gun is indeed a Spanish SXS

That's the only identifying Mark and appeared on my certificate as "Spanish Made"

From what I recall its got 3" chambers but don't know if it's magnum proofed or not,

It's got double triggers and is a pistol grip rather than a straight hand grip,

It's not open choked, can't quite remember what I gauged it at, and it's a non ejector.

It's got a full beaver tail forend, not one of the very thin splinter type,

It's got a bit of weight to it so handles recoil very well, and again if I remember, it's got a bit of grain to the stock as well

It's sad that TD has reached this decision but he knows what is best for him and should be applauded for it.

Whoever does get the gun and that's solely down to TD it would be be nice if when they have finished with it that they continue to pass it on free of charge

:shaun:

Johnphillip and Tightchoke. ~ thank you both for understanding

Motty : simply because I believe the very fact I'm seeking help for those very issues will lead to licensing authority asking questions as to suitability to hold thereby possibly adding more anxiety, And because I stand little or no chance of going and doing any shooting as my perm' is 8 miles away.

CaptC, The PM I received was not much better :no:

ehb102 : received and replied to ~ very kind of you to offer a complete stranger.

And to others I haven't responded to individually, Thank you for the kind words or offer.

Please see the above gun description given by Shaun4860 as it was him who very kindly gifted the gun to me.

Edited by TaxiDriver

Very nice offer would love to take you up on it but not sure it would come out of the cabinet as much as the o/u.

sorry to hear about your troubles and I hope it all works out ok for you.

I was only speaking to my RFD yesterday about keeping an eye out for a cheap SxS.

Edited by Newbie to this

TD you are indeed a decent man and dead right when you say that **** happens. In 2005 I suffered a minor stroke followed by Renal failure, work was down to a 3 day week and Mortgage arrears were hanging over us. As the year progressed I got so ill that work was impossible and it took 14 months and a Tribunal to get a penny from the Social then to cap it all my Boss informed the Police, out of the blue, that he considered me violent!!- nearly 5 months after I had left work. Hang on in there because, sooner or later, your luck will change and the World will seem a much fairer place, stay positive and keep those who matter the most close to you. If you ever come near MK and find yourself at a loss for something to do then I would consider it my pleasure to buy you a Beer or 2,3,4 :whistling:

sorry to hear of this TD, hope things pick up for you soon mate, you are a top bloke :good::good: , even though you do abuse me :lol::lol:

Who Moi, me ? I dunno what you mean :innocent:

I think you're confuddling me with that 'Ditchy' character

Besides, .........it's all done with love :yes: We love it :P