Right I Went and Bought one for curiosity

subsonicnat

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Evolution380,

What you have said is quite correct.

The easyhit on the end of the barrel,being bright is a distraction,no doubt..

This is Different in that it is in your eye line,,closer..

As I have said many times on this thread lol,,it is in the AIR.

Two objects travelling on the same LINE & SPEED..

It does not take your attention off the Target,,in fact it makes you Focus more on the Clay..

The only way to get your head thouroghly round this is to buy one or go some where and shoot with one..I BET,You walk away and BUY ONE...

GO ON,YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO..lol..

hello, subsonic, me thinks you have shares in a certain chinese company, :lol: Confucius said life is simple but we insist on making it complicated, well your posting on here has made many PW members including my self question our own proficiency with a shotgun, and i have shot over 50 years and still not that good as i would like to be, now its a matter of eye sight, as my last O/U purchased fits better than any that i have used in the past, that said if any shooter thinks this gadget can help then i am all for this and good luck , as for buying, i have my old AL 48 i cant hit a barn door with, so maybe maybe :rolleyes:

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

For what its worth, and just to try it anyway, I had a broken LED (Chinese) sight given to me. the electronics are glued and not serviceable so I junked them and glued a bit of 2mm light gathering green rod in their place. With a little over 1.5" sticking out the back to collect the light, it seems to function perfectly, albeit with quite a large dot (more like a hazy ring really) In sunlight its easily bright enough and as its free what's not to like? These Chinese units are weak in the electronics, switches, battery holders and glazing fix so have eliminated 1,2 and 3 and a couple of drops of clear adhesive in the corners secures the collimator lens. (the RAMBO needs that too! don't lose your glazing after the first shot!) The cast aluminium is actually quite decent. Using this old sight to create a passive one also has the benefit of retaining the elevation and windage screws together with their respective lock screws. I will look for some finer acrylic rod so as to reduce the dot size and also a finer rod may well be bendable out of the line of sight (for now I have blacked the rear end so it does not light up) Alternatively I will look at masking in some way to reduce the visible dot.

If you have a broken one of these

post-75958-0-23696100-1504201038_thumb.jpg

It can become passive

post-75958-0-87218300-1504201034_thumb.jpg

In ambient light indoors

post-75958-0-78510600-1504201035_thumb.jpg

Edited by impala59

I must admit to being extremely surprised by the interest in these things.

I also was surprised until a guest shooter turned up with one, whilst I'd see him shoot pigeons with us previously I must say he was below average well poor really, anyhow enter his new sight well he turned out to be the best shot on the day by a running mile, I don't use one myself but was well impressed.

I am still struggling with why not just have a big red bead on yer barell and the fact that any kind of visible sight goes against the usual mantra of look at the target not the bead, barrell.

But you are looking at the target through the site. The advantage of no paralax is the game changer.

hello, i have found it can take 2/3 sometimes 4 weeks if from mainland china by china post, depending by air or sea, on my very last visit to china of 1 month about 4 years ago i posted a parcel to myself just to see how long it takes, i post 1 week into the month on saturday and it arrive a few days after i arrived back. all of 23 days and less than £2

hello, for those interested i have just purchased off Aliexpess a small item,( no not a red fibre sight yet :no: ) i paid extra for china air mail less than $2, it has been shipped today Sept 1st on a 20 to 40 day posting, maybe of interest to some how long it takes so will let you know when arrives.cheers

I may have to find somewhere local with autotraps as if I turn up with one of these on top of my impact I'll never here the last of it. Then someone will spot Rambo written on the side. 😀 I would have to straight every stand and then I'd be accused of cheating.

I may have to find somewhere local with autotraps as if I turn up with one of these on top of my impact I'll never here the last of it. Then someone will spot Rambo written on the side. I would have to straight every stand and then I'd be accused of cheating.

As Long as I Can shoot Practice with one,No Problem..

First Time shooters Can Now Have a Ready Made Reference in the Air..

Should be Reasonably Constant shooters Within 10/25 clays..

The Idea of Lead etc,will be implanted,No More Months of Frustration..

If Shooters wish to Shoot Competition,Take it off..

Your Friend in the Sky will no longer Be There,,But Hopefully Memory Will Kick in.

Still struggling to see why everyone thinks this is banned for reg shoots. It doesn't magnify. Nor does it emit light. It does not give forward lead displacement. It doesn't visually enhance the target. These are the only things which are banned in a device by the cpsa.

I wait to be enlightened.

Jasper.

This is my post from earlier. Phrasing taken from cpsa rule book.

Jasper