Right I Went and Bought one for curiosity

subsonicnat

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got mine today, not impressed! The grub screws are no where near long enough to bolt onto the rib of my Maxus!

I put mine on and took it down the foreshore, put an empty plastic bottle about 15 yards out to see if it was right, blew the bottle to pieces!!

I was very keen to get it going then. Only 5 mins later as I was settling into some reed's I noticed one of the grub screws had come loose (from the firing? not sure!) and fallen out, so the site came off.

I ordered some other grub screws off amazon as couldn't find any shops selling them! M4 (4mm) size for the Shooin site. These ones are 4mm x 5mm, which are too long really, stick out a little but hey at least I can make sure they're tight!

I put mine on and took it down the foreshore, put an empty plastic bottle about 15 yards out to see if it was right, blew the bottle to pieces!!

I was very keen to get it going then. Only 5 mins later as I was settling into some reed's I noticed one of the grub screws had come loose (from the firing? not sure!) and fallen out, so the site came off.

I ordered some other grub screws off amazon as couldn't find any shops selling them! M4 (4mm) size for the Shooin site. These ones are 4mm x 5mm, which are too long really, stick out a little but hey at least I can make sure they're tight!

Somewhere on this thread someone superglued the grubscrews.

Yer but then you can't adjust them can you? Took me a bit of fiddling and loosening and tightening different sides to get what looks like it's central on the rib.

Also left some bloody screw end marks on my rib lol!!!

Be warned, out some rubber or something inbetween if you don't want any marks!!!

A drop of Loctite 243 threadlock will do the job.

This is what you need to do, subsonic said to locktite the one side pair of screws to aid re attachment, i have not bothered although my rubber spacers are a tight fit and the available thread on the site base was enough to tighten the screws up good and tight, but if the packers are too soft or not a good fit i can imagine the screws could work loose or be too short, just make sure the spacers not only protect your rib but are when combined with your rib width compatible to the scope base size with the packers installed . .

This is what you need to do, subsonic said to locktite the one side pair of screws to aid re attachment, i have not bothered although my rubber spacers are a tight fit and the available thread on the site base was enough to tighten the screws up good and tight, but if the packers are too soft or not a good fit i can imagine the screws could work loose or be too short, just make sure the spacers not only protect your rib but are when combined with your rib width compatible to the scope base size with the packers installed . .

Which rubber spacers did you use?

Alternatively you could use an old plastic ruler and chop this up to make two thin slithers to go on both sides of the rib. Use a bit of double sided tape to stick the slithers to the insight of the sight to aid fitting otherwise you end up trying to slide things in place and tighten screws at the same time making you wish you had a extra pair of hands 😀

Although I do not own one of these sights the mention of plastic shims imo is not a good idea, the grub screws will eventually cut into the rubber/plastic and work loose, my suggestion would be metal strips, this will give the grub screws something to bite into and also protect the rib.

My mates arrived the other day and he's glad he only wasted £15 on that than £160 on the genuine Easyhit :oops: As mentioned the grub screws are too stubby to fit narrower ribs properly (his was tried on a Benelli M2) and you definitely want to put something between the rib and the screws to avoid marring the finish. Depending what you pack it with this might also address the spacing problem with the grub screws.

The dot is not precise/blurry, i'd guess is about 10MOA in size and is best viewed under direct sun light. When you're used to high end red dots this is a bit like wearing someone elses glasses!

The 'adjustment' manner is also far from ideal and the dot on the one I saw was well over to the right of the light gathering bead, around a centimetre, so in order to straighten it out the front right and rear left grub screws had to be tighten to the point that they were almost dropping out of threaded holes and the sight was visibly skewed on the gun.

Maybe he got a duff one but I'd be surprised if he uses it again, I think one of his sons has starting doing Airsoft so he'll likely end off with it.

Edited by Breastman

I'm not anywhere near you but if you can post it I will gladly pay £10. No need to give away when people are willing to pay .

Call me an old doubting Thomas if you like but i doubt it will be coming to you any time soon But more than happy to be proved wrong and ill apologise if wrong un reservedly.

What we have here is a genuine ENIGMA :yes: These sights evoke reactions unexpected of them given their innocent nature .

I think its a pigeon watch phenomenon hitherto unseen in modern science. :lol: :lol: