Up at the crack of dawn

Davyo

I do alot of pike fishing and never could c facination in sea fishing apart from no need of rod liscence Cast miles catch tidlers on over weighted gear

Ben does Pike and Course,but en

joys Sea just as much.His sea fishing is targeting different species.He unfortunately lost a Sunfish that he foul hooked in July.Had he landed (dropped off on the lift up the pier wall) it would of been a UK record.With him just targetting Mackerel that day he didnt have his lifting net. Not bad for an 11yr old,but still made his day.He got a mention in a national paper and the Angling times after one of the lads who tried to assist the lift contacted the editor.

There is no record of a Sunfish being shore caught in the UK.Quite a few caught on boats though.

Edited by Davyo

Cracking hobby and great pic he will be hooked for life and much better than most 11 year olds addicted to xbox

No Xboxes thank god,might be too heavy with YouTube at times though (fishi g chanels).Be it on the Pier or the Course lakes/rivers he's always asking blokes for advise.

He's a good kid and a pleasure to fish with.He knows all his knots ect & often has to set up my rigs when i forget my glass (again).Thinking of surprising him with a fishing trip to Florida Keys for his 16th birthday.

Bet he loves Darcizzle offshore if not yet he will in a year or so when he starts casting his other rod :lol:

Get him on a trip to Norway fjord fishing for a few days before then,huge turbot cod etc people I know used to go regular.

Edited by figgy

I used to fish for mackrell every year, it was always catch and release. But recently found out once they are handled, they die once they are released anyway :no: I didn't fish for the food, but purely sport! So gave it up.

But on the subject of fishing, I also used to love pollock fishing with lures off the back of Kirkcudbright. Haven't been sea fishing in ages. I started fly fishing and even that has had to take a back seat like everything else due to work!