Be Careful What You Say

Rim Fire

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the guy can just say he was Bull Plopping to see if anyone reacted?? Where is the proof that the event actually took place? Blimey how things change - when I was lad and out "borrowing" Rabbits on a local estate the Gamekeeper often fired a Rifle above our heads if he could not get near us.

Like all these stories, it's always someone who knows someone who read something somewhere. It's never from the horse's mouth. If it's true it's down to being reported by the people he shot at, not what he wrote.

Either way, if you do nothing wrong, you won't be arrested.

You mean they not infighting like on here all the time . so its there then none believers

So,whats the point of this post?what's your opinion? should the cloth head get his tickets back or not?

Did you think it was the right or wrong thing to shop him?

What would you have done as responsible certificate holder (presuming you hold one)?

Edited by Davyo

Is it just me or is this all slightly one sided? What you're forgetting to think about here is the fact that there were two armed trespassers on this land. We have very little information telling us exactly what happened, and at this point we assume they were just poaching? Hypothetically speaking what if as we've seen/heard about recently they were in fact attempting to attack and/or steal this blokes firearm? We don't have enough information to accurately depict what happened or could have.

He acted in a way he believed was appropriate at the time, I suppose. However wrong.

Don't get me wrong though, his actions were not in any way the correct thing to do at any time ever unless your life is in imminent danger (correct action would be to get out of there and call the police) but it's very easy to judge people when you're not in that exact position. Revoking his licence was a good thing for everyone's safety including his own supposing that the information we have is the complete story.

I feel dirty for empathetically defending the muppet now lol

Edited by Roddy189

Is it just me or is this all slightly one sided? What you're forgetting to think about here is the fact that there were two armed trespassers on this land. We have very little information telling us exactly what happened, and at this point we assume they were just poaching? Hypothetically speaking what if as we've seen/heard about recently they were in fact attempting to attack and/or steal this blokes firearm? We don't have enough information to accurately depict what happened or could have.

He acted in a way he believed was appropriate at the time, I suppose. However wrong.

Don't get me wrong though, his actions were not in any way the correct thing to do at any time ever unless your life is in imminent danger (correct action would be to get out of there and call the police) but it's very easy to judge people when you're not in that exact position. Revoking his licence was a good thing for everyone's safety including his own supposing that the information we have is the complete story.

I feel dirty for empathetically defending the muppet now lol

Where did the poster say they were armed poachers?We used to ask poachers to leave if that's all they where doing.Any action in respect to force could see them come back for avengance.Exept it's the poor farmer or his property that gets it. Edited by Davyo

So,whats the point of this post?what's your opinion? should the cloth head get his tickets back or not?

Did you think it was the right or wrong thing to shop him?

What would you have done as responsible certificate holder (presuming you hold one)?

You seem to be presuming a lot things all i done was to post Be Careful What You Say as some people type things and it comes back bites them in the **** i dont condone in any way at all what he has done but you presume i do as i said earlier the INFIGHTING on here is ludicrous i bet there are game keepers on here that have done that very thing themselves i havent put a post on here for a very long time and now i know why oh and by the way i have got a ticket for the last 43 yrs including a firearms open for the last 20 yrs if you go back on my old posts you will see i was putting up posts where i shoot Boar but not no more because of people like you

Edited by Rim Fire

You seem to be presuming a lot things all i done was to post Be Careful What You Say as some people type things and it comes back bites them in the **** i dont condone in any way at all what he has done but you presume i do as i said earlier the INFIGHTING on here is ludicrous i bet there are game keepers on here that have done that very thing themselves i havent put a post on here for a very long time and now i know why oh and by the way i have got a ticket for the last 43 yrs including a firearms open for the last 20 yrs[/quote

Edited by Davyo

You seem to be presuming a lot things all i done was to post Be Careful What You Say as some people type things and it comes back bites them in the **** i dont condone in any way at all what he has done but you presume i do as i said earlier the INFIGHTING on here is ludicrous i bet there are game keepers on here that have done that very thing themselves i havent put a post on here for a very long time and now i know why oh and by the way i have got a ticket for the last 43 yrs including a firearms open for the last 20 yrs[/quote

Good for you,I didn't presume I simply asked for your opinion as you seemed shocked that he had his guns took off him.

Edited by Davyo

Where did the poster say they were armed poachers?We used to ask poachers to leave if that's all they where doing.Any action in respect to force could see them come back for avengance.Exept it's the poor farmer or his property that gets it.

fair point, he didn't, me jumping the gun so to speak. I agree with you I was trying to put another angle on it which hadn't been mentioned.

The only word of caution is Did the boy actually do it?

It's not as if no one on forums exaggerates the truth or actually lies, is it? Some of the marksmanship and ballistic properties some bullets show on here show would be world beating.

Wot did the boy actually write? He shot over their heads or he should/would like too?

Was it a figure of speech?

If the boy was actually stupid enough to do wot he said then yes he does deserve to lose his tickets.

But u still have a case with no witnesses, where no one actually know's if it happened never mind wot exactly happened

If he was seen shooting on purpose over the top of someone head he deserves everything and can't be surprised

Wot's to stop malicious allegations, I know of folk having there guns taken of them for non existant arguments with neighbours

More and more often the polis just take guns away before asking questions

This /\/\/\/\

Its also just as likely a story the bloke made up because he got his tickets pulled for something more serious or 'embarrassing'.

"Why you not shooting any more mate?"

"Oh the bloody police pulled my tickets just because I gave some poachers a warning shot"

Vs

"Why you not shooting any more mate?"

"The licensing department found out I drink a bottle of scotch every night/I punched my wife/my eye sight has gone to pot/I've been diagnosed with serious depression etc etc etc"

You are PRESUMING again i am shocked no mention of me being shocked.

No need to use upper case - it just makes posters look stupid.

Secondly, the inference was that you were shocked - otherwise why post on here to warn others.

But the only way they could have found out was by another member off that site as it is a closed site to none members so be careful what you say

Bit puzzled by this as you seem to assume that I could just visit the Facebook page, after being unable to Google it. I have not seen the actual forum, but you think I have.

Edited by Gordon R

Yes - found it. Not a internet site, but merely a Facebook page. The content is a bit dull really.

Yes i did presume as your statement says YES I FOUND IT as you have read it stating it to be a dull content

Edited by Rim Fire