Waiting.........

Hammo

Hi All

Have a new Riflescope being delivered today, sadly via UPS :no:

The best detail they can give is 'out for delivery today, before 8pm'. Gloomily sat facing the window all day, in case they sneak a card through the letterbox and zip off. Began to rise from the armchair half an hour ago, as I saw the unmistakeable dog-**** brown van, but it sped on by at a rate of knots; and seems to have carried on out of sight. At this rate, it will be dark before I get chance to zero!! wet day forecast tomorrow, of course :lol: 

Hammo

The Wife has been waiting for a parcel. 48hr tracked delivery by Royal Fail. It was in Leeds on Thursday night ready to be delivered about 20 mile away to her on Friday.

It then went to Wakefield, about 35 mile away and has since been in and out of the depot all weekend and today. 

Bodyshop items are going to well **** up by the time it ever arrives. 

I've just had a couple of items delivered by UPS. When I say delivered, I mean dropped at a shop 2.5 miles away and no card left to notify me where they'd been left. The only reason I located my parcels was because I contacted the vendor and they provided me with a tracking number.

I complained to UPS and it's taken them 5 days to reply and even then it appears they can't comprehend my complaint.

A pathetic level of service.

Well......

It arrived!! about 4pm, so took old scope off the .243, mounted the new one, and scooted off to my nearest perm for a quick zeroing session before the light faded.

Thank Jeebus it shot high but laterally OK, was shots on target in three rounds, and fine tuned at 100m with another ten including a five round confirmation group.

Hammo

As mentioned above, DPS are very good - 1 hour delivery window which they actually achieve!!

Just received a letter through our letter box today (25th January 2018).

It was a Christmas card posted from Derbyshire to Louth in Lincolnshire. Postmark says they processed it on 20th December 2017.

It was posted First Class.

Makes me wonder when we would have received it if it was posted Second Class?

Good old Royal Mail.