Remoaners, take some of this.

JDog

On 26/07/2019 at 09:39, ditchman said:

he is somebody i have never particulaly liked................but i must say i have warmed to him........between him and Boris the opposition are been given a damn good verbal thrashing...and they are reeling from it and never recover...because they are verbally inept......

great to watch parliament proceedings now..it makes me cringe to watch labour ripped apart.....which is a shame ...because there are some of them that are half decent......

dying to watch diane abbott stick her head above the parapit...and watch her been taken apart by the front bench.......

I've yet to discover any of them that are half decent!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

So he wasnt 'genuinely contributing' when he said more police, more spending on the NHS and education ?
Must have miss heard him then ?

You mean restore 50% of the police, NHS,  and education spending that was cut under May while he was a minister in her government? Marvellous! 

But as with everything Boris says it's prudent to wait and see how true it actually is.

Edited by Retsdon

1 hour ago, welsh1 said:

So out of touch with the real world he runs a successful business and is high up in government

What he does is irrelevant. Eton to Oxford to City ..he's never stepped out into the real world in his life. He's led as sheltered an existence as it's possible to do in the modern world.

1 hour ago, welsh1 said:

It is also telling when someone writes 
"But it's symptomatic of the man and those of his ilk."

Telling of what exactly?

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

You mean restore 50% of the police, NHS,  and education spending that was cut under May while he was a minister in her government? Marvellous! 

But as with everything Boris says it's prudent to wait and see how true it actually is.

Police numbers were cut under Cameron, as part of his needed austerity drive, due to labour overspending.

The NHS budget has not been cut for years, what has happened  it is servicing increased patient numbers from immigration and population increase, Bojo has promised more money.

Education , the same issues, more students, more 'diversity' in subjects, needs more money - promised.

All these problems existed under labour too, money is not always the answer, better strategy and management , and a radical rethink of how we do things.
Hopefully , out of the EU , and with a fresh approach we can achieve this, is Boris the man ? Im optimistic , rather than pessimistic, and that helps too.

7 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

If there isn't one, you will be the person that you claim Boris to be. 

Well, not really. You can hardly compare idle speculation on an off topic thread of a pigeon shooting forum to formal statements delivered from an Office of State! :)

33 minutes ago, JDog said:

I see that Capt. Pugwash and Nodster have had their equilibriums upset by the election of BJ as PM and JRM as Leader of the House.

My equilibrium's not upset. I think it's marvellous theatre. But then again I can afford to enjoy the spectacle because I'm not going to suffer the consequences. 

Well, not really. You can hardly compare idle speculation on an off topic thread of a pigeon shooting forum to formal statements delivered from an Office of State! :)

Ah, I see. Wise to back track.

Incidentally, I did compare your words against Boris.  As you cast doubt on his ability to tell the truth, I rather assumed you had higher standards.

Dave-G - totally agree. Both were far sharper than the heavily scripted Corbyn, who slips "the few" and "the many" into almost every sentence.

53 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

My equilibrium's not upset. I think it's marvellous theatre. But then again I can afford to enjoy the spectacle because I'm not going to suffer the consequences. 

hhahahhahaaa...........

"i care not for your predicitiment jack ...im suffiently provided for"

8 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Well, you were the one who brought up the absurd idea of local/regional patois being used in government communications.. So I wondered from your examples if it was purely a racial thing, or if perhaps you objected to all dialectal variations from standard RP.  From your response I'm assuming that you don't quite know what you think at all. So we'll leave it there, shall we?

No I think you are a fool.

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

hhahahhahaaa...........

"i care not for your predicitiment jack ...im suffiently provided for"

Sure. That's why I spend 9 months a year in  a sh*thole like Saudi, separated from from my wife and children.....my  English-speaking British children I might add, who are getting a 3rd world education in a military dictatorship while I'm away. Myself and my children have already suffered the consequences of having this pack of spivs and chancers as a government when they effectively locked us out of our own country. So I'm not provided for. I'm just happy to share the load.

11 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Despite their little foibles, Boris and Jacob have brought a brighter atmosphere to the House of Commons. Quicker on their feet than the opposition, they have been great to watch.

JRM shredded the MPs opposite, including one from the Tory back benches, who was prattling on about debating No Deal.

^^^^ This for me has been a welcome interlude in an otherwise boring period. On the entertainment meter Bozo and JRM have hit the high spot this week and long may it continue.

I am so looking forward to the next installment of Brextreme when our star team meet with their counterparts in the EU.  

30 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Sure. That's why I spend 9 months a year in  a sh*thole like Saudi, separated from from my wife and children.....my  English-speaking British children I might add, who are getting a 3rd world education in a military dictatorship while I'm away. Myself and my children have already suffered the consequences of having this pack of spivs and chancers as a government when they effectively locked us out of our own country. So I'm not provided for. I'm just happy to share the load.

eh ..........

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

^^^^ This for me has been a welcome interlude in an otherwise boring period. On the entertainment meter Bozo and JRM have hit the high spot this week and long may it continue.

I am so looking forward to the next installment of Brextreme when our star team meet with their counterparts in the EU.  

Oh to be a fly on the wall for those meetings.