Brexit - merged threads

scouser

The whole rest of the world is outside the EU and guess what, every other major trading block outside of the EU is out performing it because in part theyre not bogged down with ridiculous trading sanctions, if we have a hard brexit we'd have a few years of uncertainty, but even the worst predictions don't put it anywhere like as bad as the 2008 financial crash, once the country was back on its feet we would do far better than now and could laugh as we watched the EU Titanic sink, that's if they didn't come to their senses first and come back with a sensible trade agreement with us.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

I said in an earlier post that this equal treatment of applicants for future jobs in the UK is a very bad idea. Not only are the cultures vastly different but they are far less likely to return home than a European. The family dependency links are also likely to be far far greater than for an EU worker.

Many of you will know my liberal views and I am all for equal opportunities but this to my mind a very serious and costly immigration issue for the UK. Two million EU migrants (or whatever the number is) make a net financial contribution to the UK. Does anyone think this will happen with third world countries. Big financial and cultural error. 

3 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

The whole rest of the world is outside the EU and guess what, every other major trading block outside of the EU is out performing it because in part theyre not bogged down with ridiculous trading sanctions, if we have a hard brexit we'd have a few years of uncertainty, but even the worst predictions don't put it anywhere like as bad as the 2008 financial crash, once the country was back on its feet we would do far better than now and could laugh as we watched the EU Titanic sink, that's if they didn't come to their senses first and come back with a sensible trade agreement with us.

Or starting from a low base with poor safety and environmental standards? 

2 hours ago, Jaymo said:

I’m afraid to say that my vision/ version of a dictatorship is way off from yours my friend- our line of work takes us to many Countries that have a true dictatorship in governance and believe me, this ‘monster’ that you think the EU is, is really just a cute fluffy kitten.

Well it may be a kitten now but make no mistake it won't be happy until it is controlling all of europe. How far it will go to achieve that control remains to be seen.

If you have any doubts just watch this brief clip.

Hmm - EU army...  It takes a lot to raise my suspicion hackles.

I seem to recall that Germany isn't allowed to form an army under its WW2 surrender terms.... AGAIN, but being the major player in EU domination it would effectively have a leading influence in an EU army instead of USA - as would France...

Just thinking out loud about why EU is quietly stripping countries of their individual powers.

58 minutes ago, Danger-Mouse said:

The hand/arm movements on there own (no sound on my office computer) reminded me of an Austrian gentleman with one testicle who caused something of a stir last century.

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

DM or anyone know the topic he is talking about there? Is it refugees or the Euro? 

It predates the refugee crisis of 2015, as ,from what I can gather, its from a short speech in 2011.
Ive tried to find the rest of it , to no avail, the consensus is he is very embarrassed about the outburst and would like us all to forget about it 😂

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

It predates the refugee crisis of 2015, as ,from what I can gather, its from a short speech in 2011.
Ive tried to find the rest of it , to no avail, the consensus is he is very embarrassed about the outburst and would like us all to forget about it 😂

I can see why 🙂 It's surprising how (if you have the right connections) you can delete stuff from the internet. Look up Claudia Winkleman and click pictures. 

6 hours ago, oowee said:

I said in an earlier post that this equal treatment of applicants for future jobs in the UK is a very bad idea. Not only are the cultures vastly different but they are far less likely to return home than a European. The family dependency links are also likely to be far far greater than for an EU worker.

Many of you will know my liberal views and I am all for equal opportunities but this to my mind a very serious and costly immigration issue for the UK. Two million EU migrants (or whatever the number is) make a net financial contribution to the UK. Does anyone think this will happen with third world countries. Big financial and cultural error. 

Or starting from a low base with poor safety and environmental standards? 

Does that "net financial contribution" include the Hand Car wash brigade? The pizza delivery brigade? The mini cab brigade? All of whom take CASH, no cards or cheques?

5 hours ago, Danger-Mouse said:

Well it may be a kitten now but make no mistake it won't be happy until it is controlling all of europe. How far it will go to achieve that control remains to be seen.

CORRECT!

2 hours ago, oowee said:

DM or anyone know the topic he is talking about there? Is it refugees or the Euro? 

As Rewulf says, it appears to be from 2011. I can't find the full speech but he's still at it years later.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/954595/EU-debate-live-Guy-Verhofstadt-EU-budget-military-US-Jean-Claude-Juncker-latest-video

Maybe not quite as direct but much the same.

I for one have no doubt how far they will go to achieve total domination.

Their stance over us leaving should in my opinion tell all and sundry their intention?

Let's face it, all this fuss over a member leaving a scenario we were conned into under, 'a closer political union' Mm,seems a bit more to it?

They want our fishing, Gibraltar, and money?

Irrespective of whether the deal is good or bad, the choice is now on the table. Accept it or leave with no agreement and take our chances.

There is no other offer on the table and the EU are adamant there won't be. So all those who vote it down are voting for the "hard Brexit". Cue Corbyn and others using that pathetic overused phrase "There must be another way". Just waiting for "Think of the children":whistling:

20 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Exactly, play their game of bluff. We are one of their richest current members - they sell us much more than we sell them and they simply cannot afford us not buying their goods. We can be just as stubborn as them, and though our ploiticians might not have the doodahs, many of us brexiteers could boycot German cars and European holidays.

Europe needs a strong hand to compel them to change their single market rules and German/French domination for their long term own good.

I think they'd fold soon after we leave if our senior politicians have what it takes.

(ploiticians was a dyslexic error but it suited me to leave it there) 😂

Spot on :good:, I still will not buy French wine or apples because the French farmers threw our lamb into their docks. I am sure that I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

15 hours ago, oowee said:

He was talking about the formation of a european army.  The same army that Jean Claude Juncker has been banging on about for years and the same army that Macron was claiming just a few weeks ago was needed to protect europe from the Russians, terrorists and the US :lol:

Oh, and if you have any doubt that the EU want, and are working towards, a foreign policy and integrated military just listen to what Frau Merkel had to say on the matter just a couple of weeks ago in the european parliament.

If you've got the stomach for it I would recommend checking out the full speech on the BBC iplayer. It really is quite frightening what the EU has in mind for the future. Anyone who thinks these hideous wretches have the best interests of the peoples of europe at heart really need to pull their heads out of their backsides and wake up to what is really going on across the channel.

17 minutes ago, poontang said:

He was talking about the formation of a european army.  The same army that Jean Claude Juncker has been banging on about for years and the same army that Macron was claiming just a few weeks ago was needed to protect europe from the Russians, terrorists and the US 

Oh, and if you have any doubt that the EU want, and are working towards, a foreign policy and integrated military just listen to what Frau Merkel had to say on the matter just a couple of weeks ago in the european parliament.

If you've got the stomach for it I would recommend checking out the full speech on the BBC iplayer. It really is quite frightening what the EU has in mind for the future. Anyone who thinks these hideous wretches have the best interests of the peoples of europe at heart really need to pull their heads out of their backsides and wake up to what is really going on across the channel.

They certainly should!

May really is an idiot, here she is "hitting back" at trump telling her he might not be able to trade with the UK due to the terms of our trade deal with the EU. If anyone needs anymore reason not to do this deal with the EU, this might be it https://news.sky.com/story/live-theresa-may-goes-on-tour-as-she-tries-to-sell-brexit-deal-11564792

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

I shall defo watch this one. Not sure it's a good idea for May. It's far easier to throw stones at a deal that exists whilst proposing some undefined utopian dream land option. 

I doubt it will ever happen... and what would be the point if it did?

Brexit is not about party politics, it was a simple binary choice between leave and remain. If there was to be a debate it should be between Mrs May (as she is in charge of trying to sell her 'deal') and an out and out 'leaver' such as Boris Johnson, or better still Nigel Farage.  There's absolutely no point Corbachev getting involved as he hasn't a clue where he stands on the issue. I guess you could throw in an arch 'remainer' too, Tony Blair perhaps? 

May, Farage and Blair... I'd stay up to watch that 😃

Just now, poontang said:

I doubt it will ever happen... and what would be the point if it did?

Brexit is not about party politics, it was a simple binary choice between leave and remain. If there was to be a debate it should be between Mrs May (as she is in charge of trying to sell her 'deal') and an out and out 'leaver' such as Boris Johnson, or better still Nigel Farage.  There's absolutely no point Corbachev getting involved as he hasn't a clue where he stands on the issue. I guess you could throw in an arch 'remainer' too, Tony Blair perhaps? 

May, Farage and Blair... I'd stay up to watch that 😃

Not sure I would bother because I don't trust the TV coverage to be open and honest.