Coronavirus (Covid-19) Is this it?

Doc Holliday

Repatriated to NZ you get to spend two weeks on Easter Island in quaranteed. Repatriated to Japan and you go to an isolation unit for two weeks. Repatriated to UK and you are told to make your way home from the airport and self quaranteen???????? Something is not quite right here. 

Edited by oowee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Repatriated to NZ you get to spend two weeks on Easter Island in quaranteed. Repatriated to Japan and you go to an isolation unit for two weeks. Repatriated to UK and you are told to make your way home from the airport and self quaranteen???????? Something is not quite right here. 

A lack of basic administrative competence. I see that rather than deal with the implications of its report the chairman of the government's own advisory committee on immigration has been sacked for doing his job and going off message. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/migration-advisory-committee-mac-report-points-based-system-and-salary-thresholds

Basically  this government does soundbites. Everything else can go hang.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

I blame Brexit 😂

26 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

A lack of basic administrative competence. I see that rather than deal with the implications of its report the chairman of the government's own advisory committee on immigration has been sacked for doing his job and going off message. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/migration-advisory-committee-mac-report-points-based-system-and-salary-thresholds

Basically  this government does soundbites. Everything else can go hang.

I rest my case.

3 hours ago, oowee said:

Repatriated to UK and you are told to make your way home from the airport and self quaranteen????????

Not so: UK are quaranteeing people on 'a military base' for 14 days https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7942251/Britons-coronavirus-airlift-Wuhan-quarantined.html

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

Basically  this government does soundbites.

There was an opportunity open to all UK voters to change government in December.  They gave the (then outgoing and now current) a considerably increased majority.  Read into that what you will, but the opportunity was there.

30 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Not so: UK are quaranteeing people on 'a military base' for 14 days https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7942251/Britons-coronavirus-airlift-Wuhan-quarantined.html

There was an opportunity open to all UK voters to change government in December.  They gave the (then outgoing and now current) a considerably increased majority.  Read into that what you will, but the opportunity was there.

Interesting and helpful u turn. There was a chap on the radio this morning his mum had paid a visit to him in China. She lives in the NE and he read out a letter from the home office with the advice that she should make her own way home 🙂 

I wonder if it was pressure from China that had said they wont let them leave without proper quaranteen arrangements? 

Edited by oowee

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Interesting and helpful u turn.

I am sure there will be further 'U turns', policy changes, new 'rules' that will be applied as we learn more about the virus and when the virus starts spreading here - as it seems likely it will.

To put things in perspective - 'normal' annual seasonal flu kills far, FAR more that this has to date; https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=208914

Edited by JohnfromUK

25 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

To put things in perspective - 'normal' annual seasonal flu kills far, FAR more that this has to date; https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=208914

This.

I dont know the reason for the panic about this particular strain, but it certainly isnt about its lethality OR its transmission properties.

Wondering if the rush to build emergency hospitals might just be caution - or that they either suspect or know its more serious than we are currently being told of.

Also the financial after effect is likely to hurt Chinese manufacturing because so many people will be cautious about buying goods that may have been handled by people with the infection. Many of the portable electronic devices we buy are made in Shengen as an example.

Edited by Dave-G

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Interesting and helpful u turn. There was a chap on the radio this morning his mum had paid a visit to him in China. She lives in the NE and he read out a letter from the home office with the advice that she should make her own way home 🙂 

I wonder if it was pressure from China that had said they wont let them leave without proper quaranteen arrangements? 

I think China know more than there letting on.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

This.

I dont know the reason for the panic about this particular strain, but it certainly isnt about its lethality OR its transmission properties.

1 minute ago, figgy said:

I think China know more than there letting on.

MMMM makes you wonder. Cities in lock down and two new hospitals to be built? A fair bit of activity for something tame?  

That's what I'm thinking too. For a country not allowing people to leave, unless it's straight into qaurrantine is odd if it's only like a cold or flue.

Wouldn't surprise me if the diggers are digging mass graves.  If something like this killed one percent of the population it's a lot of bodies.

18 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Also the financial after effect is likely to hurt Chinese manufacturing because so many people will be cautious about buying goods that may have been handled by people with the infection.

Viruses can typically only survive a few hours on surfaces.  Maximum time under ideal conditions seems to be 2 - 3 days, but most under 24 hours.

i see yet again ...when there is danger and trouble and strife.........................yup ....the arch adrenerlin junkie alex crawford is on the spot.....thinking of her next award.......

sky will be hoping she gets ill and makes an award winning programme for sky....

"Alex Crawford ...My battle with coronavirus..."

20 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I looked at 'flu, which seems to be as above - max 3 days, typically less than 24 hours.

Flu is caused by a different family of viruses. The virus at the centre of this outbreak is Coronavirus, which is the same family of viruses that can cause the common cold. But yes, they still don't typically live for longer than 24 hours outside of a host.

Getting worse cases have shot up over last day.

Death rate is now over 2%.

News just in a cruise ship with 6000 in board is now in qaurrantine off Italy. 

They can't make their minds up whether to declare Coronavirus an emergency, no poop Sherlock. Your a bit late China.

It's now mutating according to experts, is this going to be a global population check or will they stop it.

Edited by figgy