Chinese Wet Markets

fern01

Having read that this was the sort of place where the Corona virus started I have been researching them on UTube

They are horrific and so unhygienic 

Items on sale include scorpions, snakes, massive bugs, bears, bats, dogs, pangolins. and God knows what else.

If I were able I would put some links on here

I have been sent a video on one of my shooting WhatsApp groups that purports to show the Wuhan wet market. Dogs and cats being pulled from over crowded cages and slaughtered on the spot. Baskets full of bats, rats etc. I’m not sure what the forum rules are but I could post it on here for those who are interested. 

Anywhere that boils/fries dogs alive is going to have a few hygiene  issues. Transmission of germs must be common place. 

A mate did some work with the council in Brixton, a section of the community quite like "brownies' which translates to sheep cooked whole. Intestines, everything left as is. Common place apparently and very illegal due to the outrageous transmission of bugs. I've found "bush meat" many a time in the bags of travellers. Its a wonder things like corona virus don't happen more often. 

28 minutes ago, gotgcoalman said:

The nuclear power station that went up the other year and went global to 1 extent or the other was quickly swept under the carpet.

Don't think this will be forgotten as quickly.

What nuclear power station was this? 

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

i did hear that they have been closed down...............as a result of this virus........

As long as someone can make money from selling whatever the people want, be they Chinese, Thai, African,  etc, then I'm afraid this practise will never be stamped out!  

8 minutes ago, Cyrus1988 said:

What nuclear power station was this? 

possibly this.

I'm not willing to subscribe to read the full article though.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/9044537/China-denies-nuclear-accident.html

Just going off memory which has been impaired by the recent toilet paper scavange hunt..

I visited one of these markets in China a few years back. There was a guy there gutting / cleaning eels who looked like a blood soaked freedom fighter from an "X" rated movie. He had a plank on his lap with a Nail poking through. He smacked the head of the eel on to the nail, slit it open, then with the back of the blade scraped out the innards. At the same time if a customer wanted a terrapin from the tank he would pick it out, chop it in four and sell it while all four parts were still wriggling in the plastic carrier. Oh, and he didn't wash his hands between tasks. There were other animals being chopped and sold with no separation of raw and cooked products. Not a tourist attraction for the feint hearted.

1 hour ago, Bobba said:

I visited one of these markets in China a few years back. There was a guy there gutting / cleaning eels who looked like a blood soaked freedom fighter from an "X" rated movie. He had a plank on his lap with a Nail poking through. He smacked the head of the eel on to the nail, slit it open, then with the back of the blade scraped out the innards. At the same time if a customer wanted a terrapin from the tank he would pick it out, chop it in four and sell it while all four parts were still wriggling in the plastic carrier. Oh, and he didn't wash his hands between tasks. There were other animals being chopped and sold with no separation of raw and cooked products. Not a tourist attraction for the feint hearted.

Saw a similar scene on a Whitby trawler a few years back……… Who'd a thought it, eh?🙄

These disgusting food habits have been going on for many many years, why has this Plague come to light now, you would have thought they would be immune to this by now. Assuming most of us come through this I hope all world leaders get together to stop China and co from ever having these disease ridden markets ever again.